Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmaud Arbery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mynamejeff wrote: »

so I asked you if there was any evidence of something and there isn't simple

did you watch the link memen2 posted ? its vague in the extreme and rightfully so as its going to used in a murder trial , no one apart from the police investigating it know whats on the videos

For christs sake, the man was arrested as part of the murder trial. Why are you not disputing the involvement of the other 2 the same way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Gatling wrote: »
    But it's all the Blackman's fault for making him post

still haven't picked up your error gatling ?

would it be different if it was all black or all white ?

Look, does your whole argument depend on the guy filming it not being involved and just an unrelated person being out for a drive that just happened to be filming?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I said he was being chased and they tried to stop him ,
    I don't think that how you put it .

But it's on you to defend your claims

Here, knock yourself out. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113548529&postcount=356

I remarked the same thing you did - I first said that your man was running away and then later on I said that he ran towards the fella with the gun. Guy:Incognito lost his marbles and now this ShatterAlan is similarly fixated on it.

You appeared to escape unharmed from saying the same thing. So maybe you can explain it to them.

For christs sake, the man was arrested as part of the murder trial. Why are you not disputing the involvement of the other 2 the same way?

where am I disputing that ?

I asked if there was more video and you went off on a tangent but provided no actual evidence

I ll say it again facts are the important things in a criminal trial not media narrative and fake outrage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

But it's all the Blackman's fault for making him post

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

still haven't picked up your error gatling ?

it would be the exact same. two men performing an illegal citizens arrest and killing an innocent man in the process.

I asked if there was more video and you went off on a tangent but provided no actual evidence

I ll say it again facts are the important things in a criminal trial not media narrative and fake outrage

No, I laid out the video in point form and asked for you to tell me which part you disputed. Twice. First when I initially replied with it and then because you seemed to be ignoring it. You then replied about the guy filming it (not) being involved and here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

But it was wasn't all black or white.

Would this still be discussed if three armed white men chased down another white man for walking through an unsecured construction site and shot him 3 times point blank range.
    Yes we would.

But It was several armed white men chasing down an unarmed blackman who was then shot 3 times point blank range with a shotgun

it would be the exact same. two men performing an illegal citizens arrest and killing an innocent man in the process.

I agree ,

I wonder why gatling is accusing me of being racist so ? and refusing to acknowledge that he posted a lie about me

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Yeah it's all there for posters to read danzy

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I agree ,

I wonder why gatling is accusing me of being racist so ? and refusing to acknowledge that he posted a lie about me

I wonder why you are trying to justify what happened and place some of the
    blame on the victim.

and speaking of posting lies are you going to withdraw the claim that i lied?

I agree ,

I wonder why gatling

I've not lied .

But let's not distract from the discussion at hand

But it was wasn't all black or white.

Would this still be discussed if three armed white men chased down another white man for walking through an unsecured construction site and shot him 3 times point blank range.
    Yes we would.

But It was several armed white men chasing down an unarmed blackman who was then shot 3 times point blank range with a shotgun

when that happens im sure you will be less interested in it eh gatling

when that happens im sure

I'll be posting on it .

But ,but ,but

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The facts are, the police believe they have enough evidence to put 2 charges against the 3rd guy, who his lawyer was portraying as merely just a "witness" coming upon a crime scene. On what planet does this witness end up with charges just as serious as the ones directly involved in it..

Ask yourself, what evidence would the police of got to disprove that false narrative???

No, I laid out the video in point form and asked for you to tell me which part you disputed. Twice. First when I initially replied with it and then because you seemed to be ignoring it. You then replied about the guy filming it (not) being involved and here we are.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynamejeff
    is there evidence that the guy shooting the video is chasing him ? or did that happen before the footage ive seen

GUY
    any evidence he isnt?

The fact hes also been charged with the murder would lead any reasonable person to the conclusion that he was involved.,

so again you stated something as fact , I asked for evidence , you didn't provide it , and here we are :)

It's sad that we now have two black American men murdered in front of our eyes in the same forum

Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

ELM327 wrote: »
    In US English that's a common idiom.

It's also stupidly incorrect.

Here's another US "idiom" for you

"I was, like, hungry"

Does that mean one was hungry OR resembled hunger?

I'll be posting on it .

But ,but ,but

you claimed I said he was wearing boots and carrying a hammer , but that isnt true , post 612 if you want to check it ,

people just making stuff up is a problem here

• Advertisement

The facts are, the police believe they have enough evidence to put 2 charges against the 3rd guy, who his lawyer was portraying as merely just a "witness" coming upon a crime scene. On what planet does this witness end up with charges just as serious as the ones directly involved in it..

Ask yourself, what evidence would the police of got to disprove that false narrative???

have you seen this evidence ?

you claimed I said he was wearing boots and carrying a hammer , but that isnt true , post 612 if you want to check it ,

people just making stuff up is a problem here

Bigger problem is people viewing things as a big conspiracy or something..

Then portraying themselves to just wanting facts. That happens when the trial happens, others though can connect the dots..

The best bet here, seeing as you want only the facts is chime back when the trial is in full swing.. you can correct everyone that was wrong.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mynamejeff
    is there evidence that the guy shooting the video is chasing him ? or did that happen before the footage ive seen

GUY
    any evidence he isnt?

The fact hes also been charged with the murder would lead any reasonable person to the conclusion that he was involved.,

so again you stated something as fact , I asked for evidence , you didn't provide it , and here we are :)

Here you go, I reply to you disputing your account that he attacked them, setting out the points of the video and asking you which bit you disputed.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113569336&postcount=652

Took a couple of goes but you came back asking if theres proof the camera guy is involved for some reason

I'll assume hes invovled because the people who decide it, the police, have.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113569695&postcount=673

As far as I can tell, youre the first person disputing he was involved. and hes been arrested as part of the murder case. So it seems the only reason to dispute his involvement is to distract from answering the question you were asked and attempt to bury it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

ELM327 wrote: »
    Well the citizen arrest is what has been put as a defense, so in the absence of a conviction to the contrary, is what I will believe. Innocent until proven otherwise.

THERE IS NO CITIZENS ARREST.

ARE YOU DEAF?

I WILL TYPE THIS SLOWLY SO YOU CAN READ IT EVEN MORE SLOWLY

(PAUSE)

NO CITIZENS ARREST DID, NOR HAD, TAKEN PLACE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

I'll be posting on it .

But ,but ,but

You wouldn't be because it wouldn't be on the news.

Not that the topic of this thread is dominating the local Irish or British news either, or on the online papers. Some references but not that much.

Its best to stay clear of American media, online or broadcast.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you cannot be civil to each other then do not post

If you do post, discuss the topic not other posters

have you seen this evidence ?

Yeah, 3 guys behind bars with felony murder charges against them, 2 with aggravated assualt and 1 with attempted false imprisonment.

Bigger problem is people viewing things as a big conspiracy or something..

Then portraying themselves to just wanting facts. That happens when the trial happens, others though can connect the dots..

The best bet here, seeing as you want only the facts is chime back when the trial is in full swing.. you can correct everyone that was wrong.

how come you keep answering for gatling ?

having actual provable facts like Im suggesting is what prevents conspiracy theorys don't you realise that ?

why don't you want me in the thread pointing out where facts are missing ? that's kinda weird ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

how come you keep answering for gatling ?

having actual provable facts like Im suggesting is what prevents conspiracy theorys don't you realise that ?

why don't you want me in the thread pointing out where facts are missing ? that's kinda weird ..

Off topic but is your username a reference to a line from a song, or just your name is indeed Jeff.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Off topic but is your username a reference to a line from a song, or just your name is indeed Jeff.

Is it not from The Ringer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement