Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmaud Arbery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

I found further details on Arberys previous gun charge:

https://www.unz.com/isteve/why-was-ahmaud-arbery-formerly-ahmaud-avery/

Note in particular the bolded part, Arbery was told to stop several times but kept running despite having a gun pointed at him. This is what happened the day he died, he ran despite being told to stop sever times by the McMichaels. It shows a pattern of behavior. Now I'm not saying he deserved what happened, that is a real tragedy but this article shows there is more to this story

"At about 7:20 p.m. Tuesday, Glynn County Schools Resource Officer Jody Vicent noticed a man with a handgun tucked in the waistband of his pants attempting to enter the basketball game between Brunswick High School and Glynn Academy at the Brunswick High School gym.

The man, identified by Schools Police Chief Rod Ellis as 19-year-old Ahmaud Marquez Avery, ran when Vicent tried to stop him, said Ellis, who was on alert in his police vehicle in a parking lot because of a nearby chase involving Brunswick police.

Ellis said he drove alongside Avery with his gun pointed at him as Avery ran along a sidewalk in front of the school. After being ordered to stop several times, Ellis said Avery ran between buildings to the back of the school, where two officers cornered him and arrested him.

“Once he was handcuffed, the offender confirmed by exculpatory statement that he was indeed armed, but he had dropped the weapon in his attempt to escape,” Ellis said.

An intense search, joined by Glynn County police, Brunswick police and College of Coastal Georgia police, found a .380 caliber semi-automatic pistol under a folding sandwich board-style sign in front of the gym, Ellis said.

Avery is charged with two felonies, possession of a weapon on school property and obstruction of an officer with violence, and a high and aggravated misdemeanor of obstruction of a public school. Ellis said other charges may be pending. "

For the millionth time, the mcmichaels had no reason to be chasing him with guns and shouting stop at him. What has any past actions got to do with this?

If two random men chased you with guns, would you stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

EyesClosed wrote: »
    For the millionth time, the mcmichaels had no reason to be chasing him with guns and shouting stop at him. What has any past actions got to do with this?

If two random men chased you with guns, would you stop?

I believe knowledge of Arbery's past actions can help build a pattern of behavior that can hep inform the most accurate possible picture of the days events. I have already posted every bit of information I can find about McMichaels such as his decades long work with law enforcement.

From McMichaels initial statement, it appears they had plenty of solid reasons to suspect Arbery. Note also Greg saw Arbery "hauling ass" away from the crime scene (the crime being trespass). Now I understand that this statement comes from McMichaels himself and must be taken with a pinch of salt, but it does appear to align perfectly with the video footage we have.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6915-arbery-shooting/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf

"Upon my arrival I observed Officer Minshew ( 184) setting up a perimeter . I began speaking with Gregory McMichael who was a witness to the incident.

McMichael stated there have been several breakins in the neighborhood and further the suspect was caught on surveillance video. McMichael stated he was in his front yard and saw the suspect from the breakins " hauling ass" down Satilla Drive toward Burford Drive. McMichael stated he then ran inside his house and called to Travis and said " Travis the guy is running down the street lets go".

McMichael stated he went to his bedroom and grabbed his .357 Magnum and Travis grabbed his shotgun because they "didn' t know if the male was armed or not". Michael stated "the other night" they saw the same male and he stuck his hand down his pants which lead them to believe the male was armed.

McMichael stated he and Travis got in the truck and drove down Satilla Drive toward Burford Drive McMichael stated when they arrived at the intersection of Satilla Drive and Holmes Drive, they saw the unidentified male running down Burford drive McMichael then stated Travis drive down Burford and attempted to cut off the male.

The unidentified male turned around and began running back the direction from which he came and " Roddy" attempted to block him which was unsuccessful Michael stated he then jumped into the bed of the truck and he and Travis continued to Holmes in an attempt to intercept him McMichael stated they saw the unidentified male and shouted "stop stop, we want to talk to you".

From McMichaels initial statement, it appears they had plenty of solid reasons to suspect Arbery. Note also Greg saw Arbery "hauling ass" away from the crime scene (the crime being trespass). Now I understand that this statement comes from McMichaels himself and must be taken with a pinch of salt, but it does appear to align perfectly with the video footage we have

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthelper/6915-arbery-shooting/b52fa09cdc974b970b79/optimized/full.pdf

"Upon my arrival I observed Officer Minshew ( 184) setting up a perimeter . I began speaking with Gregory McMichael who was a witness to the incident.

McMichael stated there have been several breakins in the neighborhood and further the suspect was caught on surveillance video. McMichael stated he was in his front yard and saw the suspect from the breakins " hauling ass" down Satilla Drive toward Burford Drive. McMichael stated he then ran inside his house and called to Travis and said " Travis the guy is running down the street lets go".

McMichael stated he went to his bedroom and grabbed his .357 Magnum and Travis grabbed his shotgun because they "didn' t know if the male was armed or not". Michael stated "the other night" they saw the same male and he stuck his hand down his pants which lead them to believe the male was armed.

McMichael stated he and Travis got in the truck and drove down Satilla Drive toward Burford Drive McMichael stated when they arrived at the intersection of Satilla Drive and Holmes Drive, they saw the unidentified male running down Burford drive McMichael then stated Travis drive down Burford and attempted to cut off the male.

The unidentified male turned around and began running back the direction from which he came and " Roddy" attempted to block him which was unsuccessful Michael stated he then jumped into the bed of the truck and he and Travis continued to Holmes in an attempt to intercept him McMichael stated they saw the unidentified male and shouted "stop stop, we want to talk to you".

So you are just ignoring the fact that they didn't have correct grounds for a citizens arrest yea?

It's been stated to you loads of times in this chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Note in particular the bolded part, Arbery was told to stop several times but kept running despite having a gun pointed at him. This is what happened the day he died, he ran despite being told to stop sever times by the McMichaels. It shows a pattern of behavior. Now I'm not saying he deserved what happened, that is a real tragedy but this article shows there is more to this story

Not stopping for some random lads with guns chasing you? Well then, hes clearly in the wrong. Seriously , what way does your head work that you see this as something to support your "theories" ?

So his pattern of behaviour is proof he runs when confronted with people with guns, this should put to bed the theories that he attacked them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He's clearly now trolling now .

• Advertisement

So you are just ignoring the fact that they didn't have correct grounds for a citizens arrest yea?

It's been stated to you loads of times in this chat.

Look, I am not the one ignoring it. They saw him several times leading up to the day of the shooting, on the day of the shooting, they saw him running away from the property (even we can see him running from the property in the video). I accept that I do not know the exact legal grounds for a citizens arrest and that I could be wrong, but it seems to me, using common sense that they had legitimate cause to suspect a crime had taken place. I am not saying Arbery deserved to die or anything. The best scenario would have been for him to just surrender to the arrest. We know from his history that he has resisted arrest on at least two other occasions.

Not stopping for some random lads with guns chasing you? Well then, hes clearly in the wrong. Seriously , what way does your head work that you see this as something to support your "theories" ?

So his pattern of behaviour is proof he runs when confronted with people with guns, this should put to bed the theories that he attacked them.

No I am saying it shows a clear pattern of behavior & that it is something we need to take into consideration when discussing the fatal incident. I don't think the fact he resisted law enforcement on several occasions in the past can be ignored & I believe it will form a key part of the defense if admissible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

KC has no problem with the two lads shooting someone they suspected of something, he’ll defend them as long as this thread goes.

Look, I am not the one ignoring it. They saw him several times leading up to the day of the shooting, on the day of the shooting, they saw him running away from the property (even we can see him running from the property in the video). I accept that I do not know the exact legal grounds for a citizens arrest and that I could be wrong, but it seems to me, using common sense that they had legitimate cause to suspect a crime had taken place. I am not saying Arbery deserved to die or anything. The best scenario would have been for him to just surrender to the arrest. We know from his history that he has resisted arrest on at least two other occasions.

But its been show to you several times that they had no grounds for a citizens arrest, yet you are saying you don't know the exact grounds..... How can you not... Its been shown over and over and over again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

No I am saying it shows a clear pattern of behavior & that it is something we need to take into consideration when discussing the fatal incident. I don't think the fact he resisted law enforcement on several occasions in the past can be ignored & I believe it will form a key part of the defense if admissible.

Resisting law enforcement is a world away from resisting vigilantes, don't you think?

• Advertisement

, they saw him running away from the property (even we can see him running from the property in the video). We know from his history that he has resisted arrest on at least two other occasions.

Of course he ran he wad being chased by armed white men in a white neighborhood .
    Oh look I gave a running commentary on his previous arrest .

Yet you so your solely hear to blame Ahmaud Arbery for being executed in the street for no reason whatsoever .

But its been show to you several times that they had no grounds for a citizens arrest, yet you are saying you don't know the exact grounds..... How can you not... Its been shown over and over and over again here.

McMichaels saw Arbery running from the crime scene. He also saw several surveillance videos of Arbery trespassing on the same property. I get peoples arguments as to why that may not be "immediate knowledge" but I believe it qualifies as immediate knowledge (note I am saying "I believe" as I do not "know"). Bear in mind, nobody has found the definition of immediate knowledge under Georgia law and I have linked the opinion of two district attorneys who believe the McMichales had sufficient grounds for a citizens arrest. We could all be wrong on this "immediate knowledge" aspect of the case & I think the court is the best place for it to be decided.

Gatling wrote: »
    Of course he ran he wad being chased by armed white men in a white neighborhood .

Yet you so your solely hear to blame Ahmaud Arbery for being executed in the street for no reason whatsoever .

He ran away from the property as we can see in the video in the OP. This video was taken before the McMichals gave chase. So he was not running away from people with guns at this stage of the events. Why do you keep mentioning they were white? What has that got to do with anything? I have not once considered that Arbery's race or the McMichaels race has anything to do with what happened. Greg was a decades long vet of law enforcement, he would have dealt with hundreds of crooks of all races.

McMichaels saw Arbery running from the crime scene. He also saw several surveillance videos of Arbery trespassing on the same property. I get peoples arguments as to why that may not be "immediate knowledge" but I believe it qualifies as immediate knowledge (note I am saying "I believe" as I do not "know"). Bear in mind, nobody has found the definition of immediate knowledge under Georgia law and I have linked the opinion of two district attorneys who believe the McMichales had sufficient grounds for a citizens arrest. We could all be wrong on this "immediate knowledge" aspect of the case & I think the court is the best place for it to be decided.

You say crime scene.... What crime was committed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Gatling wrote: »

He was NOT chased out of the house, he ran out of the house before he knew he was being chased. more lies

You say crime scene.... What crime was committed?

"Criminal Trespass"

See the first page of this report by Glynn County Police:

See earlier in the thread regarding "No Trespass" sign.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    He was NOT chased out of the house, he ran out of the house before he knew he was being chased. more lies

Indeed, it is clear from the video that he ran as soon as he saw the neighbor on the phone... The house he trespassed was 220 Satilla Drive and McMichaels was in the front yard of 230 Satilla Drive. So im guessing he would have been running 10/20 seconds before McMichaels saw him.

I have not once considered that Arbery's race or the McMichaels race has anything to do with what happened. Greg was a decades long vet of law enforcement,

The sacked white cop in the white neighborhood chased and executed a black man that didn't commit a crime ,you claimed white white folk passed through the same unsecured property were only looking for water but the one black man was up to no good ,

Not once have you done anything but blame the victim with repeatedly posted bias materials and giving running commentary on a previous arrest ,add the diagnosis of Ahmaud Arbery having issues of authority (qualified in forensic psychology ) ? Didn't think so .

"Criminal Trespass"

Where the white people on the property trespassing as well? Whey where they not chased with guns? Should they not also have been shot for breaking the same rules?

Who said he was chased out of the house?

He was chased up and down the road for 4 minutes by 3 men in 2 cars though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Greg was a decades long vet of law enforcement, he would have dealt with hundreds of crooks of all races.
    Given his general laziness and incompetence at actually doing police work maybe he met lets say 20? Hundreds is way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Where the white people on the property trespassing as well? Whey where they not chased with guns? Should they not also have been shot for breaking the same rules?

The white people were getting a drink of water. Is the argument.

The white people were getting a drink of water. Is the argument.

Ahh of course..... Makes perfect sense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Ahh of course..... Makes perfect sense

But colour of the people is not an issue.

Pretty obvious your interest in this thread is to either lie, or throw in "mistruths" and walk away till the next one.
    I mean whatever about being a scumbag or not , attacking a lad with a shotgun is probably not the a wise choice:rolleyes:

"mistruth" at best, nothing he did shows him attacking them.
    You run into the guy with a shotgun? :D

He ran around the opposite side of the car to avoid Travis McMichael
    But he was 100% a criminal

Previous history is irrelevant attempt to pass blame.

He would still be alive if he wasnt stupid enough to try confront a guy with a shotgun and take it from him. He should have just called the cops. He was a criminal after all and tried to go to a school with a gun before. He was most likely a scumbag anyway. Karma

He didnt confront anyone, they chased him.

"most likely" a scumbag. Another bull**** attempt to pass blame without proof.

"karma" , so he deserved to die? Charming.
    man the story keeps changing for the SJW. I though he stopped for some water :rolleyes:

Mores lies. People defending the McMichaels went with the "the white people that went on the site to probably look for a drink of water" line, not people talking about Arbery
    Arbery basically commit suicide by attacking a guy with a gun.

same as someone attacking the police "suicide by cop"

He was probably coked outa his head going into house and attacking people with guns.

Made up rubbish. He didnt commit suicide by anything, he was running away.

Followed by more made up stuff , justified with "probably".

Then adding your own thoughts to someone elses quote to change him being chased (he was, for 4 minutes) to saying they said he said Arbery was chased form the house.

Lots of dropping in made up stuff then not replying to challenges and waiting a while till the conversation moves on to drop in again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

"Criminal Trespass"

For someone who has seemingly spent an insanely large amount of time "studying" this case, you've gotten a rather surprising number of basic things wrong about it.

Also, is there a specific reason why you linked to a white supremacist and anti-semitic website in your previous post regarding Arbery's past? Exactly what sites are you frequenting while "researching" this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

For someone who has seemingly spent an insanely large amount of time "studying" this case, you've gotten a rather surprising number of basic things wrong about it.

Also, is there a specific reason why you linked to a white supremacist and anti-semitic website in your previous post regarding Arbery's past? Exactly what sites are you frequenting while "researching" this?

This is Kidchameleon you're talking to. Boards resident against the tide swimmer. If there was a thread on the atrocities of the halocaust he'd agrue that hitler had a point.

I really cant keep arguing the same things over and over or else I will be done for soap boxing. People keep bringing up the same points which have been discussed multiple times. If anyone has any points to argue, please go over the thread and make sure they have not already been discussed. Henceforth I personally will only be discussing new information/viewpoints

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

threeball wrote: »
    This is Kidchameleon you're talking to. Boards resident against the tide swimmer. If there was a thread on the atrocities of the halocaust he'd agrue that hitler had a point.
    Ironically, the website he linked to also has numerous articles denying or diminishing the holocaust. As I intimated, it would make you wonder what sources he is getting all the other blatantly false information he's posted in order to paint the victim in a bad light.

• Advertisement

I have visited many many sites about this case looking for specific information. I may have chanced upon some unfavorable sites and missed other objectionable content contained within. As far as I am aware, all the information I have presented is true & in two instances where it was pointed out I was wrong, I corrected the issue publicly in thread.

why you linked to a white supremacist and anti-semitic website
    Ironically, the website he linked to also has numerous articles denying or diminishing the holocaust. As I intimated, it would make you wonder what sources he is getting all the other blatantly false information he's posted in order to paint the victim in a bad light.

Which post specifically contained the link? Sorry if I missed objectionable content on any particular site.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement