Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmaud Arbery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Was it even the McMichaels' home that was "invaded" by Arbery?

No it definitely was not .

It was a neighbor who had not secured it any which way and it seemed to be a spot local kids played in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

It's a murder in a foreign country. Why exactly am I supposed to care?

You're free not to post or even read the thread if you don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Its a sad state of affairs when you think it's justified to follow a man in cars and shotguns and blow him away in broad daylight

I don't think that was the intention. SO many things happened, so many bad choices. They had him in their sights, should not have approached him, should have waited for police.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Poor kid. One way or the other it looks as though he wasn’t going to live to be very old. Reckless behaviour in a country where you can be shot to death just at the drop of a hat.
    Pretending that he was just out jogging is ridiculous.
    Activists would get more respect if they conceded that he was probably up to no good but certainly didn’t deserve to be shot to death.

Picture if the situation was in Ireland. Now in Ireland practically nobody has a gun but there is more than one way to skin a cat. Let's just imagine that something similar played out. A neighbourhood criminal is running away from an alleged crime. He is pursued by two people who have armed themselves with meat cleavers or carving knives (because they don't have access to firearms). They catch up with him, confront him, he resists and they hack him to death with their weapons.

Would that be acceptable? The song remains the same just played at a different speed. They pursued him with weapons and killed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭GY_1980

Overheal wrote: »
    Not of any felony.

Citizens Arrest does not then apply.

Citizens arrest can apply for both misdemeanors or felonies in Georgia. For a misdemeanor, the law states it must be witnessed or immediate knowledge. For felonies, it’s broader and includes reasonable suspicion.

If the pursuit and attempted citizens arrest are improper, the result is a murder (As prosecutors maintain). Stand your ground laws will support Arbery here. If the pursuit and attempted citizens arrest are held to be lawful, the use of deadly force in the end can be justified under stand your ground laws supporting the defendants (As defence will maintain).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

GY_1980 wrote: »
    Citizens arrest can apply for both misdemeanors or felonies in Georgia. For a misdemeanor, the law states it must be witnessed or immediate knowledge. For felonies, it’s broader and includes reasonable suspicion.

If the pursuit and attempted citizens arrest are improper, the result is a murder (As prosecutors maintain). Stand your ground laws will support Arbery here. If the pursuit and attempted citizens arrest are held to be lawful, the use of deadly force in the end can be justified under stand your ground laws supporting the defendants (As defence will maintain).

Here’s the wrinkle:

It wasn’t a misdemeanor either.

Apprise yourself of Georgia Criminal Code on the subject of Criminal Trespassing. There is trespassing (being somewhere you shouldn’t be) which the law doesn’t meddle with. Criminal trespass is trespassing while in the act of some crime, or by violating a trespass owner from the property owner or their authorized representative.

The homeowner is clear that he was never barred from the property. And, he never stole anything. And, he never damaged anything. So, none of the criminal trespass statute is in play.

So they didn’t witness a misdemeanor. Or a felony. They saw him jogging for 4 minutes. They know he didn’t carry anything out of the construction site. So they clearly had no justifiable suspicion of a felony taking place without their immediate knowledge either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭GY_1980

Here’s the wrinkle:

It wasn’t a misdemeanor either.

Apprise yourself of Georgia Criminal Code on the subject of Criminal Trespassing. There is trespassing (being somewhere you shouldn’t be) which the law doesn’t meddle with. Criminal trespass is trespassing while in the act of some crime, or by violating a trespass owner from the property owner or their authorized representative.

The homeowner is clear that he was never barred from the property. And, he never stole anything. And, he never damaged anything. So, none of the criminal trespass statute is in play.

So they didn’t witness a misdemeanor. Or a felony. They saw him jogging for 4 minutes. They know he didn’t carry anything out of the construction site. So they clearly had no justifiable suspicion of a felony taking place without their immediate knowledge either.

I agree with your point on Arbery not committing a criminal offence. I’ve seen no evidence suggesting he committed either a felony or a misdemeanor.

The defence will put together a case to state the defendants had reasonable/probable suspicion that a felony did place and therefore they acted lawfully in pursuing and attempting a citizens arrest. If the prosecution dismantle that argument, they win.

Of course, if the federal investigation finds evidence this incident is a hate crime, that will also demolish the defence case.

blinding wrote: »
    His odds of getting shot were small if he kept running or sat down and waited for the Police.

Oh bullsh1t man.

His odds of getting beaten, maybe tased by 5-0 ("stop resisting" even though he's cuffed and unconscious) would be immeasurably elevated had he not tried to get away.

US cops just resort to mindless violence at the drop of a hat. That's how it is there. The second a cop lays his hands on you and you tense up he then pulls out the billy club or taser and fcuks you up. Nevermind that it's an involuntary physical reaction that the body can't control. Sh1t, sometimes my girlfriend grabs my leg and I immediately tense up because I'm not expecting it. All she's doing is showing some affection. You pull someone's arms behind their back all the while screaming in their ear and the body goes into defence mode. The muscles tense, the eyes dilate, the breathing intensifies, the heartbeat elevates, blood rushes to protect the internal organs, the body starts to produce adrenaline. It's not a choice. The body does it automatically. You can't stop it.

And then that's where the cop pulls out his gun and blasts you because he thinks you're "resisting"

Danzy wrote: »
    He was a shi7 bag and it caught up with him.

His neighbours are safer for it.

I'm glad most of us don't think like you do, but unfortunately too many do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Gatling wrote: »
    What would you call it ,

A clap on the back ?

Who cares what I call it. Its not a case of him being sacked, thats all that matters. The fact is, he fell behind on his licenses/training because of personal issues with his wife and daughter and as such, was moved to office duty. After that, he retired. Its amazing, this angle is blatant pulling of straws to smudge the character of McMichaels whilst ignoring Arberys criminal past and calling trespassing after midnight "jogging". Its actually unreal how its being spun.
    2u2me wrote: »
    I heard they also made a call several days earlier and no police showed up; is that correct?

They made calls but I cant say weather there was any problems with police showing up.
    banie01 wrote: »
    That's not immediate knowledge.
    The neighbour would be the only one with such knowledge in that instance, it's not "shared" by being told.

It's hearsay at best and if incorrect, which in this case the CCTV evidence of Arbery's visit to the construction site would show it is!
    Was false and contributed to an unlawful killing.

That's a semantic argument and it is irrelevant when you consider "probable cause".

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-4/article-2/17-4-20/
    Unless he was in the middle of committing a crime that somehow involved mcmichaels, thenmcmichaels shouldn't be trying to stop him going about his business.

It did involve them. They witnessed his regular criminal activities, were part of a neighborhood watch group and attempted to make a citizens arrest. If you witness a woman's handbag being stolen you are allowed to attempt to recover it. You don't have to let the perpetrator "go about his business" and run right by you.
    pjohnson wrote: »
    We know how wild an imagination the OP has from yesterday! No suprise those supporting him also enjoy fantasies

I'm the one with fantasies and yet you believe a man was "jogging", 12 miles from his home, and stopped off at a property for "water"? A property he regularly "jogged" to after midnight & where items were stolen from? A man on probation with a serious criminal past. Comon pjohnson, you cant truly believe that.
    Only guilty people need to flee into the woods?They chased him out of the neighborhood for 4 minutes. Then they jumped out armed and dangerous at him.Tell me where you can run to where 3 armed men in 2 vehicles wouldn’t have gunned you down in the back? There’s no more than a split second to judge these men brandishing shotguns at you. You don’t get to google them from an armchair first, or consult google maps. Also keep in mind you’ve already been jogging for quite some distance, so you can forget sprint stamina.

They were not chasing him. They were stopped at the end of the road. They did not "jump out" at all, did you watch the video? What you are describing is completely different to what is in the video. Why are you doing this, everyone reading the thread can watch the video and see that you are wrong.
    That’s why it’s called Fight or Flight.

Flight had already been exhausted as an option for the prior 4 minutes. Then there’s an escalation where the rednecks wear you down enough to hop out and brandish shotguns at you.What do you do? Your only options are to defend yourself, flee, or surrender, with the latter two options being historically perilous for black Americans in the state of Georgia.

Your arguing against yourself here and don't seem to realize it. You say he tried to get away for 4 minutes, well that 4 minutes they didn't shoot him. During this 4 minutes there were two guns, loaded that could have shot him. The fact is, from the evidence, there was no intention to shoot. The gun went off in the struggle that Arbery instigated (please watch the video).
    pjohnson wrote: »
    No the media are generally reporting actual facts.

Its the OP and his ilk trying to discredit the victim to save the fat Batman and Robin from any consequences.

No, they are not. How many media sources can you find that show Arbery's mugshot for example? They are spinning like they usually do.
    The problem here is he wasn’t a burglar and the McMichaels were not an injured party.

What was he doing trespassing in that property then? There is video of him inside it. The McMichaels had property taken aswell and had reason to suspect that Arbery was the perpetrator. They don't need to be the injured party to make a citizens arrest.
    Jogging at night isn’t a crime by the way.

Nobody said it was but he wasn't jogging. Look at the videos I shared in the OP. He WALKS up to the house. Stands outside it looking around at all angles. He then enters the property for 4 minutes. He then sprints out when he sees the neighbor on the phone. He regularly visited that house after midnight, was he jogging then? How many people do you know travel 12 miles from their home to go jogging. Comon Overheal, he was NOT jogging.
    Can anyone link to what went on before he was shot so?

Its all linked in the OP. Burglary charges, firearms charges, on probation. Regularly videoed trespassing on the property in question since 2019.
    osarusan wrote: »
    The two guys jumped out of their truck with shotgun and revolver in hand, so the idea that his attempting to wrestle the one of the weapons away from them gives them justifiable grounds to shoot him is not one I think will convince any jury either.

They didn't jump out of the truck, please watch the video. Regarding "immediate knowledge", we shall see, I cannot find any definition of it under Georgia law.
    It was a neighbor who had not secured it any which way and it seemed to be a spot local kids played in

No trespassing sign, CCTV, reported to police about previous break ins.
    You're free not to post or even read the thread if you don't care.

Its obvious that this poster does care, otherwise they would have posted the same thing in the 10's of thousands of other threads on this website the don't seem to care about.

If someone just walked into your house would you have no problem with it?

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whats your source for that? Because the New York Times reported that Arbury was two miles from his house, not the 12 you're claiming.

The NYT did a complete video re-construction

He is from Brunswick. Satilla Shores, the neighborhood where the incident happened is 8-10 miles from Brunswick going by Google Earth. He attended Brunswick High School so I am going to assume he lived quite near there, is 12 miles from Satilla Shores.

A NYT reconstruction is not a good source IMHO, the actual video of the incident is the best source of info. We can see clearly the the NYT is biased & lying about his homes proximity to the incident, probably to make it look more probable that he was jogging. So again, not a great source of impartial information.
    Thanks for that I had never seen any evidence for the 12 miles claim. Now I know why.

Well now you have your evidence (which was in the OP if you had of taken the time to do some maths)
    Now I know why.

And you'll never admit why.

Kid Chameleon also repeatedly claims property was stolen in excess of $1000.

Kid Chameleon never provided any proof of this.

New York Times makes it clear there was no property stolen in any of the incidents of people trespassing on the property.

I said in the OP that I will try to link everything. There is no need to insinuate that I am being shady with linking sources. You can always ask for clarification. As you can see I am trying my best to keep up with all responses so please have a bit of courtesy.

About your query...

Many videos I have watched mention 2500 dollars worth of fishing gear going missing. The owner of the house in question reported it as stolen then seemed to change his story after he started receiving death threats. I have no link to back this up at the moment, I am looking and will report back asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It did involve them. They witnessed his regular criminal activities, were part of a neighborhood watch group and attempted to make a citizens arrest. If you witness a woman's handbag being stolen you are allowed to attempt to recover it. You don't have to let the perpetrator "go about his business" and run right by you.

What did they witness him stealing that day?

They arent the law. They dont investigate and track down criminals. If they happened to see a person commiting a crime then, yeah, maybe have a go at stopping them. Otherwise, its not their job.

Seriously, whats your angle to want to justify 2 most likely racist people killing a black guy?

Who cares what I call it. Its not a case of him being sacked, thats all that matters. The fact is, he fell behind on his licenses/training because of personal issues with his wife and daughter and as such, was moved to office duty. After that, he retired. Its amazing, this angle is blatant pulling of straws to smudge the character of McMichaels whilst ignoring Arberys criminal past and calling trespassing after midnight "jogging". Its actually unreal how its being spun.
    If one is admissible, so is the other.

You want to call Ahmaud's life story into it, so too will be the life story of his murderers.

That's a semantic argument and it is irrelevant when you consider "probable cause".

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-4/article-2/17-4-20/
    The code you just cited applied to Law Enforcement Officers.

These were not LEOs. They did not have powers of arrest. As previously mentioned,

"Records first obtained by The Washington Post show that McMichael, 64, lost his power to arrest after repeatedly failing to complete required training sessions—even after a 2014 warning that he had not finished mandatory force and firearms courses."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gregory-mcmichael-ahmaud-arberys-killer-was-stripped-of-power-to-arrest-after-skipping-use-of-force-courses

What handbag was he carrying?

That's what is going to get those 3 men convicted. They ran him around for 4 minutes, and not one of them can testify that they saw him carrying anything.

It didn't involve them. They didn't witness a crime. No injured party called for their help.

The Bureau of Justice Assistance, part of the Department of Justice, keeps in circulation a 37-page manual for Neighborhood Watch activities. Arrest is mentioned precisely 0 times.

https://bja.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh186/files/Publications/NSA_NW_Manual.pdf

I'm the one with fantasies and yet you believe a man was "jogging", 12 miles from his home, and stopped off at a property for "water"? A property he regularly "jogged" to after midnight & where items were stolen from? A man on probation with a serious criminal past. Comon pjohnson, you cant truly believe that.

Perhaps you're lagging behind but he wasn't 12 miles from his home. New York Times reports 2 miles. I defy you to prove that he jogged 12 miles out of his way from anywhere.

They were not chasing him. They were stopped at the end of the road. They did not "jump out" at all, did you watch the video? What you are describing is completely different to what is in the video. Why are you doing this, everyone reading the thread can watch the video and see that you are wrong.
    They did chase him. And, if they didn't chase them, then, their statements to the police are lies, and will land them in more hot water.

I beseech you to look at the NYT piece that was linked to above.
    Your arguing against yourself here and don't seem to realize it. You say he tried to get away for 4 minutes, well that 4 minutes they didn't shoot him. During this 4 minutes there were two guns, loaded that could have shot him. The fact is, from the evidence, there was no intention to shoot. The gun went off in the struggle that Arbery instigated (please watch the video).

You don't point your gun at anything you don't intend to shoot. That is firearm safety 101.

No, they are not. How many media sources can you find that show Arbery's mugshot for example? They are spinning like they usually do.

I'm sure if I looked I could find loads but you're on a tangent about argumentum ad populum that just seems lazy.

What was he doing trespassing in that property then? There is video of him inside it. The McMichaels had property taken aswell and had reason to suspect that Arbery was the perpetrator. They don't need to be the injured party to make a citizens arrest.

As the homeowner answered before: their best educated guess is that he was there for water.

To make a citizens arrest you need to witness a crime, if you reasonably suspect a felony there must be reasons. They know he didn't take anything out of the house. Therefore there was no felony. Therefore Georgia's citizens arrest statute is not likely to apply in their legal defense.
    Nobody said it was but he wasn't jogging. Look at the videos I shared in the OP. He WALKS up to the house. Stands outside it looking around at all angles. He then enters the property for 4 minutes. He then sprints out when he sees the neighbor on the phone. He regularly visited that house after midnight, was he jogging then? How many people do you know travel 12 miles from their home to go jogging. Comon Overheal, he was NOT jogging.

You're repeating the 12 mile lie again.

Not every jogger jogs nonstop. I've heard of catching your breath before.

Its all linked in the OP. Burglary charges, firearms charges, on probation. Regularly videoed trespassing on the property in question since 2019.

And, per the homeowner themself: no property damage or theft.

They didn't jump out of the truck, please watch the video. Regarding "immediate knowledge", we shall see, I cannot find any definition of it under Georgia law.
    No trespassing sign, CCTV, reported to police about previous break ins.

You're the only person I have met to date who claims there was a No Trespassing sign - and I have been in some very meandering conversations about this case where both sides understood it that there was no such posted signage. So, you'd have to clue me in on your source for that - I suspect it is pure rumor.

Per Georgia's Criminal Trespassing statute without such a sign a property owner must notify each individual they are trespassing and not welcome on the property before it is considered a criminal offense. They must also be given enough notice to vacate the premises willingly. The only people who can issue such notice are the owner, the occupants (such as a tenant), or a clearly authorized representative of the property owner.

If someone just walked into your house would you have no problem with it?

Personally yes (edit: I would have a problem). It's not germane to the facts here though.

I attest that to the best of my understanding there was never any property stolen, or damaged, and nobody was ever given a no-trespass order from the property. In fact there is footage of couples, children, other strangers etc. trespassing on the property in the last few months same as Arbery. Which begs the question: why weren't 2 little boys chased down with shotguns? Why weren't they placed under citizens arrest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I said in the OP that I will try to link everything. There is no need to insinuate that I am being shady with linking sources. You can always ask for clarification. As you can see I am trying my best to keep up with all responses so please have a bit of courtesy.

About your query...

Many videos I have watched mention 2500 dollars worth of fishing gear going missing. The owner of the house in question reported it as stolen then seemed to change his story after he started receiving death threats. I have no link to back this up at the moment, I am looking and will report back asap.

If you have no link, where are you getting your info?

Who cares what I call it. Its not a case of him being sacked,

He was sacked he wasn't a cop he was stripped of all law enforcement entitlements ,and moved to a civilian job in a DA's office ,

This is fact , everything else is you with an agenda which was debunked almost straight away ,

But ,but,but

Yeah your wasting your time trying to explain this away more chance of earning a Klan badge than you explaining this away and victim blaming ..

Kid Chameleon also repeatedly claims property was stolen in excess of $1000.

Kid Chameleon never provided any proof of this.

New York Times makes it clear there was no property stolen in any of the incidents of people trespassing on the property.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ahmaud-arbery-murder-evidence-burglaries

"Larry English, the owner of a home under construction near where Arbery was killed, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year. However, English told The Daily Beast that he never reported the theft to the police. English said his surveillance system captured a man who appeared to be Arbery "coming onto his property" on Feb. 23, but he declined to share the clips according to CNN."

Larry English & his wife receiving death threats:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/owner-empty-house-ahmaud-arbery-allegedly-entered-shooting-might-not-n1205191

KiKi III wrote: »
    If you have no link, where are you getting your info?

Did you read my post, you quoted it??? In that post I said I got my info from videos, you can assume they were from YouTube. Anyway, I have provided proof of it now... See my post above this.

He was sacked he wasn't a cop he was stripped of all law enforcement entitlements ,and moved to a civilian job in a DA's office ,

This is fact , everything else is you with an agenda which was debunked almost straight away ,

I cannot find evidence of this, can you please link to your source.

That's fair, sorry if I was projecting onto you, I spend a lot more time dealing with dishonest people these days.
    About your query...

Yeah I never read about any fishing gear from any report. I veer, religiously, away from Youtube, Cable News, and other mass video outlets, the reason being that in general any shock jock on the radio or tv or internet can say something like that and not have to back it up, because 5 seconds later they've shifted topics. I will say it's nothing I've seen in reputable print. If it is a matter of fact I'm sure it would be brought up in the defense's case.

• Advertisement

Larry English, the owner of a home under construction near where Arbery was killed, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year

Wonder if the sacked fat guy told him to say that ,

Because multiple people were filmed entering the unsecured property without taking anything , nothing so yeah it seems the agenda isn't Matching the facts ,

Yes one was black with a criminal record the other was fat white and had loaded firearms hunting for a kill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Did you read my post, you quoted it??? In that post I said I got my info from videos, you can assume they were from YouTube. Anyway, I have provided proof of it now... See my post above this.

So I’m supposed to take your word that a random YouTube video proves it over the reporting of one of the most credible news organizations in the world? ... Right, well no.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"Larry English, the owner of a home under construction near where Arbery was killed, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year. However, English told The Daily Beast that he never reported the theft to the police. "English said his surveillance system captured a man who appeared to be Arbery "coming onto his property" on Feb. 23, but he declined to share the clips according to CNN."

This is 2 seperate incidents together in a paragraph looking like 1 if I'm reading it right?

Theres this , from "earlier this year". An unknown person stole fishing gear.

"Larry English, the owner of a home under construction near where Arbery was killed, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year.English told The Daily Beast that he never reported the theft to the police"

Then theres this, from the day of the killing, which presumably is the video of him coming in, looking around and leaving that is shown on the news etc?

"English said his surveillance system captured a man who appeared to be Arbery "coming onto his property" on Feb. 23, but he declined to share the clips according to CNN."

Unless im missing something, theres no video of the fishing gear being stolen, it happened on an unspecified different date and theres nothing to say Arbery was anything to do with the theft

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Wonder if the sacked fat guy told him to say that ,

Because multiple people were filmed entering the unsecured property without taking anything , nothing so yeah it seems the agenda isn't Matching the facts ,

Yes one was black with a criminal record the other was fat white and had loaded firearms hunting for a kill

That's really reaching.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ahmaud-arbery-murder-evidence-burglaries

"Larry English, the owner of a home under construction near where Arbery was killed, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year. However, English told The Daily Beast that he never reported the theft to the police. English said his surveillance system captured a man who appeared to be Arbery "coming onto his property" on Feb. 23, but he declined to share the clips according to CNN."

Larry English & his wife receiving death threats:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/owner-empty-house-ahmaud-arbery-allegedly-entered-shooting-might-not-n1205191

If that's the case it's something court will clear up.

additional CCTV footage: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/us/ahmaud-arbery-surveillance-timeline/index.html

Interesting bit I just ran into on Vox:

"The second burglary in the area [not the fishing gear] was reported to police by Travis McMichael, who said a 9 mm pistol was stolen on January 1 from a vehicle parked outside his home. In the police report filed after Arbery’s killing, Gregory McMichael said the burglar had been caught on surveillance video and that Arbery matched the description of the suspect."

It sounds like it might have been a revenge thing.

That's not good for them.

Even if they thought Arbery took the gun, that's long since a matter for LEOs. You can't just make a citizens arrest weeks later. And that's why they were all on stakeout, seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Who stores $2,500 worth of fishing gear on an unsecured construction site, has it stolen and doesn't report the theft?
    Despite being engaged with Law Enforcement to an extent where they were given the local Good 'ol boys contact details?

Thanks to Overheal for clearing up the Law Enforcement Officer caveat of probable cause. Saved me a paragraph.

@KC, if you think that the definition of actions around immediate knowledge and probable cause are just semantics, never embark on a law career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

He would still be alive if he wasnt stupid enough to try confront a guy with a shotgun and take it from him. He should have just called the cops. He was a criminal after all and tried to go to a school with a gun before. He was most likely a scumbag anyway. Karma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    . He was most likely a scumbag anyway. Karma

What if you're wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

2u2me wrote: »
    What if you're wrong?

But he was 100% a criminal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

banie01 wrote: »
    Who stores $2,500 worth of fishing gear on an unsecured construction site, has it stolen and doesn't report the theft?
    Despite being engaged with Law Enforcement to an extent where they were given the local Good 'ol boys contact details?

Thanks to Overheal for clearing up the Law Enforcement Officer caveat of probable cause. Saved me a paragraph.

@KC, if you think that the definition of actions around immediate knowledge and probable cause are just semantics, never embark on a law career.

Yeah, that jumped out at me. Law is all about semantics so to dismiss what was said on those grounds is odd. Overall, it’s an strange hill to die on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement