Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making USD payments and simplifying bank acc reconciliation

Options
  • 24-05-2020 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I have approximately 10 monthly subscriptions charged in USD, and make a number of USD based payments throughout the month as well.

We're not talking large amounts, but reconciling these in Xero is a pain, because the EUR amounts differ month to month, and the bank line doesn't contain enough info to quickly see what the transaction is for.

I looked into using Revolut for Business and making the payments with a USD Revolut card, this would allow me to create the recurring bills in Xero and have it all lined up for immediate reconciliation very easily.

However it's €25/month for 10 transactions and then €3 per transaction after that. Paying €3 to simplify a $10/month subscription seems a bit wasteful, so I'm wondering is there a better way?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Cianos wrote: »
    I have approximately 10 monthly subscriptions charged in USD, and make a number of USD based payments throughout the month as well.

We're not talking large amounts, but reconciling these in Xero is a pain, because the EUR amounts differ month to month, and the bank line doesn't contain enough info to quickly see what the transaction is for.

I looked into using Revolut for Business and making the payments with a USD Revolut card, this would allow me to create the recurring bills in Xero and have it all lined up for immediate reconciliation very easily.

However it's €25/month for 10 transactions and then €3 per transaction after that. Paying €3 to simplify a $10/month subscription seems a bit wasteful, so I'm wondering is there a better way?

Thanks

Did you compare the differences in exchange rates as well?

There may be savings there as well.

Advertisement