Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying this GS from the UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Corrosion is big on them, especially the uk where they salt the roads.

Try to get photos of the engine casing.

That has also pretty high mileage, the price should reflect that.

colm_c wrote: »
    Corrosion is big on them, especially the uk where they salt the roads.

Try to get photos of the engine casing.

That has also pretty high mileage, the price should reflect that.

I think the price does reflect it - 2016 GSA for €10k, approx 10,000 miles per year?

Casing photos is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MotoTourist

PM sent. I can get this bike across with my courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The triple black is supposed to be more desireable.
    Are you set on an Adventure? I think I saw a std triple black on DD recently.
    Is the sat nav dust cover missing?
    There were a few recalls on the liquid-cooled since their launch. They won't all apply to your model/year. A dealer will be able to check here.
    Good that user manual, service book, keys are mentioned.
    Was the last service by a BMW dealer or by the seller? What does the service manual say? Any service invoices?
    That statement about viewing and current mileage... Is the bike still in use or sitting in the showroom? Maybe just standard text.

Checking corrosion is good advice - and the problem wasn't just salty roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

GS12's have always rusted, right back to the very first one in 04. 16 years later and they're no better.

Fine bike to ride, mind.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I had two of these, the 2017.5 one is the one to get though. They fixed a lot of issues in the middle of 2017 including the cush drive for the rear wheel. The ones I had were a 2016 and 2018. The 18 was light years ahead.

Oh and the corrosion isn't bad here, especially if you cover it in ACF50. The main reason is that BMW dont paint the frames properly. My center stand wore down to the metal on the first day I had my 18 from road gravel. There was no primer or undercoat under the black paint.

Apart from that they're the best bikes I've owned. I'm likely putting a deposit on a new 1250GSA next week. Haven't decided yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

D3V!L wrote: »
    I had two of these, the 2017.5 one is the one to get though. They fixed a lot of issues in the middle of 2017 including the cush drive for the rear wheel. The ones I had were a 2016 and 2018. The 18 was light years ahead.

Oh and the corrosion isn't bad here, especially if you cover it in ACF50. The main reason is that BMW dont paint the frames properly. My center stand wore down to the metal on the first day I had my 18 from road gravel. There was no primer or undercoat under the black paint.

Apart from that they're the best bikes I've owned. I'm likely putting a deposit on a new 1250GSA next week. Haven't decided yet.
    You're getting the wrong gs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

H_Lime wrote: »
    You're getting the wrong gs!

are you still trying to sell me the GS500 ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

As a commuter it sells itself, your other chosen options....not so much imo.

Advertisement