Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woods/Manning v Mickleson/Brady live on CNN

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭willabur

I thought it was very enjoyable, possibly the best non major/ryder cup televised golf I have seen in a long time

Tiger was absolute fire - very quiet on the mic though
    Phil was brilliant, gave some great insights around the green with chips and putts. Even when he hit a bad shot his inflight dialogue was great
    Brady (1 shot aside) was woeful. No way is he an 8 handicap. He played like a 20 handicapper. No driver in the bag, sliced every three wood right, chunked chips, walloped putts...
    Manning played solid - 6 handicapper and it looked like a fair enough rating. more than his golf he was alot more engaging on the mike.

Justin Thomas and Charles Barkley were great on commentary also. All in all I thought it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

willabur wrote: »
    I thought it was very enjoyable, possibly the best non major/ryder cup televised golf I have seen in a long time

Phil was brilliant, gave some great insights around the green with chips and putts. Even when he hit a bad shot his inflight dialogue was great
    Brady (1 shot aside) was woeful. No way is he an 8 handicap. He played like a 20 handicapper. No driver in the bag, sliced every three wood right, chunked chips, walloped putts...
    Manning played solid - 6 handicapper and it looked like a fair enough rating. more than his golf he was alot more engaging on the mike.

Justin Thomas and Charles Barkley were great on commentary also. All in all I thought it was great.

Tiger seemed out of place in that format.

Not sure he likes Phil and it was the ultimate Phil show.

On the "best" - could we just all be just suffering nogolfcoronavirusitis :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Always wondered what was between a US handicap and a UK\IRL handicap. Must be between 3-5 shots judging from last night and my experience playing in the US.
    I'm around 13 and all the yanks I played with were convinced I was single figures. Was a bit embarrassing actually telling them my handicap. Made me look like a total bandit to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

willabur wrote: »

Tigers mic was broken for much of the back 9. I don't think it was fixed.

Advertisement