Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home Newstalk

Options
  • 25-05-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My google home mini used to play Newstalk via TuneIn but for the last few days it cannot find it despite using lots of different ways of identifying the station.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Cosgrove wrote: »
    My google home mini used to play Newstalk via TuneIn but for the last few days it cannot find it despite using lots of different ways of identifying the station.

Maybe ask here: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057676661/255/#post113527272

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Jofspring

eddiem74 wrote: »

Ya happening with my Google Home also. A few stations don't seem to be working for some reason.

This happens periodically with them doesn’t it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Just came across this thread....
    Emailed Newstalk this morning and posted in the Radio forum...
    Message read
    "I have been listening to Newstalk via my Smart Speaker, hey Google, play Newstalk but in the last few days it doesn't work any longer, BBC, RTE and other stations work as before but not Newstalk, response is "Sorry I cant play news from Newstalk yet"
    If is ask it to play Newstalk Radio Station I get the response "I looked for Newstalk but it either isn't available or cant be played right now"
    I see ye are pushing Alexa, is this to the detriment of Google home, something has changed recently"

What other interesting stations do ye listen to, for me its BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Radio 4, BBC World Service and RTE1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

By chance I heard Jess Kelly talkiing about this on Pat Kenny the other day.
    They are trying to sort it with google but said if you split the newstalk ..so instead of saying 'Newstalk' say 'News' 'Talk' and it may work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Sorted with the help of the following forum and thread.... Home Automation & Internet of Things (IOT) Google Home FAQ

Hey Google, play Newstalk FM :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cosgrove

Discovered that if you say Please Play Newstalk FM it works!

Advertisement