Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weeds in tarmac

Options
  • 25-05-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi had a load of grass weeds in my tarmac. killed it off with roundup and now left with the yellow remains . how do i get ring of this. a load of it.

Going to paint over the tarmac with drive seal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Kill it, and remove it by hand, with the roots if possible.

I've a few stalks here and there, it's important to stay on top of it, keep the roundup to hand !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭jem

I have definity killed it. The remains are just yellow.
    But no way to remove by hand too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jet wash it out might be an option.

Tried and failed.
    Dont want to rip holes in the tarmac

jem wrote: »
    I have definity killed it. The remains are just yellow.
    But no way to remove by hand too much.

It'll rot down over time, but you run the risk of re germination at a later stage.

Maybe something like a stiff bristle yard brush could help, depending on how weak the grass is post spraying .. 2 days vs 2 months .. etc.

• Advertisement

I was going to paint the tarmac with Thompsons quick drying drive seal. could/should i do it over the remains of the weeks.
    The weeds are well dead now sprayed 6 weeks ago or so.

I was going to paint the tarmac with Thompsons quick drying drive seal. could/should i do it over the remains of the weeks.

I've never used said product, ( at least not yet ) but i'd wager you need a clean surface or cleanish surface to apply ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭blackbox

Burn off the dead stems with a weed burner on a dry day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I done mine a couple years ago with that. Tarmacadam was in decent enough condition to do it. I done it very early to let it dry out before any foot traffic, it looked fantastic but results do not last long. If i was you, i would bring it back and exchange for something else unless you have no bought it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Blow torch.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement