Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropshipping

Options
  • 25-05-2020 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi,

Like many we're diversifying our business a bit in recent times. We're thinking of adding merchandising using a service such as Printful on our (already established) ecommerce website, as a means of extra cashflow without up front costs. Did a search here, and most queries seems to be about the business end of things, which I'm fine for, but wondered if anyone had direct experience of something similar they'd like to share - are there horror stories? any direct experience of Printful? what am I missing?

It seems like a no lose set up, I understand the higher costs per unit but saving on not preordering lots of goods, plus we could have a wider range of products.

Any input or advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've used Printful in a very small way, via their integrations with Etsy and Wish.

So far have been happy, the combination means its almost zero hassle for me.

At the moment Printful is very behind on some products due to higher demands and social distancing. So I've not been promoting things during the closedown.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

fwiw, I make my own merchandise as the low volumes allow me to, and it's mostly T-shirts.
    There are some good Irish print companies who you could partner with, better margins and quicker delivery in Ireland.

I'm not sure about posting links but Camden street has a great print company, a quick google should get you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Thanks to you both for replies and sharing your experiences. Think doing our own is the way to go for now, but will certainly look at Printful in the future.

Advertisement