Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Hose Nozzle for Kitchen sink taps

Options
  • 25-05-2020 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Is there such a thing for standard mixer taps in the kitchen sink? Outdoor tap broken so I'm stuck dragging watering can around every day. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Is there such a thing for standard mixer taps in the kitchen sink? Outdoor tap broken so I'm stuck dragging watering can around every day. Thanks.

I’ve not seen one but you’d get a tap for not much more..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Yes. It's square and has a jubilee clip to fasten

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Actually times have moved on. Search hozelock mixer tap connector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Important point t to remember, if you are using the hose and turn both hot and cold taps simultaneously, when the hose is shut off, the cold water will be forced backwards through the hot tap, causing the attic tank to overflow. I was visiting someone years ago, who was filling a paddling pool. When the finished, they just closed off the hose. Then they asked me why there was a flow of water from their gutter. They were lucky, there was quite a strong flow of water from the overflow, and I was amazed it hadn't gone over the side of the tank.
    Still, I'm sure it cleared any air locks!
    I think they figured the pool would fill faster if they used both taps, like filling your sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Very worthwhile tip Nick, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Try this;
    https://www.handyhardware.ie/Hozelock-2176-Round-Tap-Connector-Max-18-mm-Diameter_p_52014.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp42fxrHj6QIVW-ztCh2p8w4vEAQYASABEgKCmPD_BwE

Advertisement