Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Food, Weed and Moss Control Applied - What Next?

Options
  • 25-05-2020 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi Gardening Gurus,

Our lawn had quite a high amount of moss and so I applied "Miracle Gro EverGreen Complete 4 in 1" a month ago (April 25th). I've raked a couple of times since (I believe the technical terms is scarified :) ) and have managed to get rid of a lot of the moss at this stage but the area where the moss was is still quite black AND the lawn itself is not in any way green for the most part. I have been watering a reasonable amount and we have had a decent amount of rain but it's not getting much better.

I've seen a thread here about things like 7-6-17 fertiliser but I'm not too enthusiastic about that as there will be young children using the lawn frequently. A product called "Envii Greenkeeper's Secret" is liquid lawn food which is attached to a garden hose and gets quite good reviews so was thinking of going with that, since it's safe for kids but wanted to get some thoughts here first?

Thanks in advance,
    super_freddie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

There should be plenty of fertilizer in the ground from the original application. Give it a (really) good watering and see what happens over the next couple of weeks.
    Applying weed/feed is a delicate operation and is easily overdone, you may have to oversow grass seed going forward.

Advertisement