Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade from Current Rig

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ASUS Prime X570-P is better motherboard.
    You could also get an MSI X470 (Gaming Plus/Gaming Pro); or wait for the B550 mobos coming next month.

Ryzen is getting a refresh in early July; 3600XT / 3800XT will likely run 200-300MHz faster than current models.

Cooler: AMD Wraith Max is decent & will keep the CPU cool enough. Any aftermarket cooler you're paying for looks and/or quietness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Thats what I hate about PC building, there is always a hardware refresh around the corner :-0)

What do you think of the case?

Thanks for your suggestion about the MB, I will look into that as a replacement to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I have that case in white!

Fecking love it.
    The only bad things I can say about it:
    280mm AIO doesn't comfortably fit in top-mounted - you want 240/360 there.
    It's heavy AF

If I was buying now though, I woulc consider the Meshify S2 instead - you lose the gigantic amount of drive cages, but gain a nice mesh front & more AIO/fan mounts.

Advertisement