Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Level out Garden

Options
  • 26-05-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Ok with this lockdown still going I have the time to cut the lawn every 2 weeks and keeps it at a good level

Its gone a bit yellow but need to water it and need to put some weed a feed on it.Weeds not growing as much and pulling up any dandelions and daisy's as they appear

However parts of the garden dip not to noticeable.

What is the best way of leveling out this and getting garden even?

Might as well now that I have the time:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Can you get a shovel under the turf that's dipping, and then fill it in, and then replace the turf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Can you get a shovel under the turf that's dipping, and then fill it in, and then replace the turf?

Its a small dip so suggestion is to dig around it and use turf or whatever to level it out and then put grass seeds down

Or am I assuming wrong?

Any particular turf or grass seeds that I should use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

This is great advice. Mark out the area with an edging iron, then criss/cross with same into 1ft square sections, carefully lift each section, fill hollow in with soil, then replace the turves, whack down with back of fork, water well, job done.

Advertisement