Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question for pilots - I want to join you!

Options
  • 26-05-2020 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I’m looking to transfer career paths from my current. And have always had an interest in becoming a pilot.
    I’ve done a few single prop lessons in Weston but nothing past that so far.

I have a bachelors degree in an unrelated field (architectural technology). Would I need to return to college to do a related degree?

Before I indulge myself any further I have a few questions regarding the process on becoming a pilot and the skills that are beinficial or required

1) Maths is not my strongest Skill. I’d need a calculator to do pretty basic stuff. Would this be a deal breaker or cause me to seriously struggle in getting licensed?

2) what would be the expected duration of training and rough costs in Ireland to get to a commercial level

3) are there any paths anyone would reccomemd besides commmercial flight (cargo, private charter etc?)

4) what is the day in the life of a pilot like?

Oh also I’m 5ft 5 male, are the days of minimum height requirement gone?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement