Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excessive sweating

Options
  • 26-05-2020 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone can help me with the following. I suffer from what I believe to be excessive sweating, especially now that the weather is getting warmer again. I keep ending up with huge wet patches underneath my arms and it's really embarrassing. I usually have to bring an extra t-shirt to work to change throughout the day, if I cycle somewhere, even if it's only a short distance I will arrive with big wet clammy patches underneath my arms and usually have to change outfits on arrival.

I've started using Odorex anti-perspirant extra dry cream but it seems to make little difference. What can I do to combat this. It's really getting me down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I dont know what to suggest to help you in the mean time but for the future, when lock down is lifted, look into getting Botox as it's used to stop excessive sweating.

For now though have you tried layering products? unse your cream, then a roll on anti antiperspirant and an anti antiperspirant spray on top. Talc powder applied under your arms may help too.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Try Driclor or Perspirex. You can get them in any chemist. You use them at night and then use a normal deodorant in the morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

If your t-shirt doesn't go up under your armpit to the extent that it's touching it, you'll have more room to breathe. Also obviously make sure that you're wearing light clothes as it's very hot right now. I find roll-on deodorant better than the spray stuff for very hot days.

And again obviously if you have armpit hair that's going to make you way hotter so get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Try Driclor or Perspirex. You can get them in any chemist. You use them at night and then use a normal deodorant in the morning.

Echo Driclor - literally life changing! It'll sting like a mother****er the first few times but you won't care because it just works. After a while you'll only need to apply as little as once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Anhydrol Forte - you get it in any chemist for a tenner or so: https://pharmadirect.ie/anhydrol-forte-20w-v-cutaneous-solution-excessive-sweating/

Works in a couple of days, it changed my friend's life, gave them so much confidence to not have sweaty pit stains, bring extra t-shirts out with them etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

Thank you all very much for the suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have you tried to wear a light cotton or viscose vest (very light: those quite low cut front and back with spaghetti strap) underneath your top ?
    I always wear a light vest all year around and in the summer it does stop any sweat getting into the t-shirt or top.

Advertisement