Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate roofing costs for extension

Options
  • 26-05-2020 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Evening all,

My wife and I are in the middle of buying an old derelict cottage and one of the first things we want to do is square off the house and extend upwards. I'd really appreciate it if anyone in the industry could let me know roughly what cost I'd be looking at

We are deciding on 2 options, depending on what the planners say (We'll have a meeting with them once this pandemic is over and the sale closes)

'Initial House' is how the back of the house currently looks.

One would be a flat roof as shown in the attachment after squaring off and building up.

The other would be a kind of low pitched roof like the one in 'Alt Roof' attachment.

The width of the house is approx 8m and the area needing squaring off is 4.5mx4.5m.
    The little 'extension' already sticking out at the back is 2.5m high but overall height of the house is approx 5m

It would be great to get a rough idea on what this may cost so that we can prepare the rest of the works accordingly.
    Ignore the windows, thats just me and the missus throwing ideas out but we will obviously need to put some in and possibly some velux(s) as well

Thanks in advance

Advertisement