Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung A70 charging slowly with Samsung cable

Options
  • 26-05-2020 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung A70 - it keeps saying it is charging slowly - taking 8 hours to charge 50% - and to use the cable that it came with. The phone is 18 months old and I no longer have the cable it came with. I was using just one of those C Type charges and plugs from garage, but then I got the Samsung cable, but still have a generic plug - it's still only charing very slowly with Samsung cable - is there anything I can do? What could be wrong with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What amperage is the charger?
    Some of those chargers throw out horrible spikey voltage, I’d get a quality charger for the sake of your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hannaho

I don't see any voltage on the charger - but it said Samsung on the box and was 20 euros. What would a quality charger be? Would it be a Samsung one - would it cost more? Where would I get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’ll be 5 volt, but usually it’ll say something like 1.0A or 2.0A as well which indicates the current. Obviously 1.0A isn’t as quick to charge.

Assuming standard usb plug rather than USB-C

The likes of Anker would be considered good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hannaho wrote: »
    I don't see any voltage on the charger - but it said Samsung on the box and was 20 euros. What would a quality charger be? Would it be a Samsung one - would it cost more? Where would I get one?

If you have the A70 then you should have fast charging. You need similar to this Samsung 25w type-c charger

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Advertisement
Advertisement