Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc Brakes - BR-RS785 Having issues installing new pads

Options
  • 26-05-2020 8:14pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got new pads for my disc brakes today.

Old pads were J04C metal. Was given L03A as replacements.

Installed them but cant get rotor to fit in. Pistons have been push back (havent pushed to hard) but when I check compatibility of the L03a the BR-RS785 arent listed.

Any ideas?
    Post edited by CramCycle on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

godtabh wrote: »
    Got new pads for my disc brakes today.

Installed them but cant get rotor to fit in. Pistons have been push back (havent pushed to hard) but when I check compatibility of the L03a the BR-RS785 arent listed.

Any ideas?

If you take the pads out and look at the pistons are they out or well in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jamesd wrote: »
    If you take the pads out and look at the pistons are they out or well in?

I not sure as I've never done it before but having tried something flat and solid it seemed to work. New pads are installed and wheel is spinning freely (and stopping!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

sticky pistons - 2 mins 40 seconds in.

2nd may be worth a review

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,580 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the 'fan' at the top seems slightly different between these two?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Is the issue disc brake rub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

I not sure as I've never done it before but having tried something flat and solid it seemed to work. New pads are installed and wheel is spinning freely (and stopping!)

Ya I've ways had to give the pistons a push in, park tools do a nice little tool for doing it. Any disc rub when the wheel is spinning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jamesd wrote: »
    Ya I've ways had to give the pistons a push in, park tools do a nice little tool for doing it. Any disc rub when the wheel is spinning?

At the start yes but took the while off and gave the pistons another push. Seemed to take a few goes at pushing them in.

Did 40km on them there and seemed fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement