Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacx Flow Smart Help

Options
  • 26-05-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Like a lot of people here I'm sure, I've dusted off my old turbo trainer during lockdown.

It's a tacx flow smart. I did a spin down calibration this evening and it was slightly too loose so went to twist the knob and tighten it. When the bolt came out of its thread. I can get it back in but it doesn't seem to want to stay.

I don't suppose anyone has had the same problem before? Or maybe someone has the same turbo and wouldn't mind attaching a couple of photos of the lever and thread so I could figure out what I need to adjust. There's a nut on the bolt and I'm not quite sure where it should end up.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Is it the old orange and white model? I can post some pics tomorrow. I would also recommend cleaning the rollers old it’s been sitting up, the dirt and dust may also be impacting the resistance.

I think it happened me before but I caught it before it came fully off. I should also have the manual I’d you need it, I think it’s online somewhere too

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

Is it the old orange and white model? I can post some pics tomorrow. I would also recommend cleaning the rollers old it’s been sitting up, the dirt and dust may also be impacting the resistance.

I think it happened me before but I caught it before it came fully off. I should also have the manual I’d you need it, I think it’s online somewhere too

Hmmm mines mainly white and blue. Got it 3 or 4 years ago I think. But maybe they have the same connection anyways. Any photos would be great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭cletus

Red_Open wrote: »
    Like a lot of people here I'm sure, I've dusted off my old turbo trainer during lockdown.

It's a tacx flow smart. I did a spin down calibration this evening and it was slightly too loose so went to twist the knob and tighten it. When the bolt came out of its thread. I can get it back in but it doesn't seem to want to stay.

I don't suppose anyone has had the same problem before? Or maybe someone has the same turbo and wouldn't mind attaching a couple of photos of the lever and thread so I could figure out what I need to adjust. There's a nut on the bolt and I'm not quite sure where it should end up.

Thanks!

Can you take pictures of the bolt itself, and the nut or threaded part it threads into

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Not sure if this helps at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Red_Open

Not sure if this helps at all?

Thanks a mil! The first and last are exactly what I needed. The basic design must have been kept the same through the different models.

Am I right in saying the first photo is in position as if the wheel was on and the last is when you're just about to take the wheel off or put it on?

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
Advertisement