Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

In what way is it interesting to you, or worth commenting upon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

In what way is it interesting to you, or worth commenting upon?

I'm a true crime fan. Would you have any info on any criminal past on the part of the cop (if any)? I'd be interested in that too & it might be of interest to other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Well I see from your posting history that you've previously been site-banned for racism. So it's grand, no real point in conversing when it's clear what angle you're coming at this from.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Overheal wrote: »

Cute and all, but 'who' exactly is saying that marching on the street is not the right way to protest?

Trevor Noah is a tool though, and an American supremacist at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Another racist attack on members of the media merely doing their job. Subhuman filth on the rampage.

https://twitter.com/aldotcom/status/1267334790770036736

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

markodaly wrote: »
    Cute and all, but 'who' exactly is saying that marching on the street is not the right way to protest?

The FBI labelled MLK 'the msot dangerous nevro in America' above the likes of Malcolm X for the huge, peaceful marches he organised.

And many had issue even with the Black Lives Matters marches, even ones that did not involve any violence at all, in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Rjd2 wrote: »

im seeing plenty of white girls acting violently,thieving,looting,assaulting people ,burning property..also black girls and black men and boys...doing the same.

the problem is not simply white men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

What about the Israelis killing of Palestinians on a regular basis , the most heavily armed army in the world shot dead a 32 year old autistic man on Saturday ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

First question I can't decide if it's regular ignorance, wilful ignorance, or if you've just emerged from under a rock somewhere.

Did you literally just make that term up?

LuasSimon wrote: »
    What about the Israelis killing of Palestinians on a regular basis , the most heavily armed army in the world shot dead a 32 year old autistic man on Saturday ??

Why don't you start a separate discussion thread about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Stateofyou wrote: »
    First question I can't decide if it's regular ignorance, wilful ignorance, or if you've just emerged from under a rock somewhere.

If he did would anybody post there?

I doubt if he did make it up. American Supremacism is the idea that American ideologies and values should dominate the world, and that only the US matters.

Anti-Fa is an American Supremacist organisation because, although it protests anti-black oppression in the US, I have yet to see any big protests against American killings of millions across the middle east and elsewhere. The anti-war protests in the US are about the only anti US Supremacist protests I have seen there, and even then they are often focussed on the cost to American and not the world.

By the way you are clearly one. The Dublin protesters who protest this and not the millions killed by imperialism are clearly US supremacists.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Danzy wrote: »
    They'll hate me because they think I'm a racist or whatever but if you are Asian descent, they'll hate you more for being off message.

Asians tend to not fit the expected narrative.

I already pointed out we have our-people-who-know-best contingent press ganging all ethnic minorities into their police harrasement narrative.

Whitey knows whats best for Asians, just like Joe Biden knows whats best for blacks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,028 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Rjd2 wrote: »

I ****en hate this fake celebrity ****, do you think she would be brave enough to add black men as well as white men to her tweet, would she ****.

FVP3 wrote: »
    If he did would anybody post there?

I doubt if he did make it up. American Supremacism is the idea that American ideologies and values should dominate the world, and that only the US matters.

Anti-Fa is an American Supremacist organisation because, although it protests anti-black oppression in the US, I have yet to see any big protests against American killings of millions across the middle east and elsewhere. The anti-war protests in the US are about the only anti US Supremacist protests I have seen there, and even then they are often focussed on the cost to American and not the world.

By the way you are clearly one. The Dublin protesters who protest this and not the millions killed by imperialism are clearly US supremacists.
    :pac:
    This is some excellent whatabouttery. 10/10

This thread is about a black man in the US who died after police knelt on his neck. So this "what about..." somewhere else on some other issue is just a whataboutism detraction. Racism doesn't stop at borders. Racism is also an issue here and is relevant. The conversation deserves and needs to be had here as well. Take a seat.

So Trevor Noah speaking out about his take on what is happening in the US is now American Supremacy? Is the person who started this post and all who contributed also adding to the idea of American supremacy? And I'm one too, yeah ok. Lol. There are big protests against the reach of the US military both historically and on-going. That is easily demonstrably false.

Danzy wrote: »
    They'll hate me because they think I'm a racist or whatever but if you are Asian descent, they'll hate you more for being off message.

Asians tend to not fit the expected narrative.

I already pointed out why one of your posts was full of racist lies and inaccuracies, and you weren't able to retort. No surprise to see you're hiding behind a different race now like a coward, as if being racist means having to hate every race that isn't your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

What a winner Trump has proven to be! Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well, that's the thing about curfews. They tend to be rather drastic measures, and are by definition supposed to keep people where they can't get involved in things. As the FAQ states, if you're on your porch and the cops tell you to go inside, you go inside. https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx There was probably a reason they were wandering down that particular street, and I doubt it was because they felt like doing some appreciation of the local architecture.

How come you picked 1 piece of my whole reply to you and left out the rest of it?

Yes he still would have died IMHO but I'm wondering if the charge might be less seeing as he didn't choke to death. Cocaine use for example might have been a factor.

As I have already said, it has no relevance and as I have also already said, it is interesting (at least to me)

The whole ahmoud atbery thread was you finding his past "interesting" too. :rolleyes:

Funny that you dont find chauvins past "interesting" .........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It looks like the people who queued for guns were smarter than the people queuing for toilet roll

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He's South African.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I watched the video again last night...

Chauvin should be in deep trouble here.....

His whole body language and demeanor stood out for me....

Hands coolly in his pocket as his full weight is bearing down on George....nasty.

I was guessing that the man (Chauvin) is just an aggressive sadistic type. I think the video highlights this.

I know cops can't be like mother theresa when restraining people, but they don't need to be like he was, in that situation, and for that long.

He really is public enemy number 1.

From a human perspective, I wonder has he looked back on the video and thought "sh1t, wtf did I do here?"

silverharp wrote: »
    It looks like the people who queued for guns were smarter than the people queuing for toilet roll

And yet , in a nation with more guns than people, all the ones on the street protesting following the police murdering someone again , no videos of protestors going crazy shooting places up and killing people.

But lads in military cosplay marching in to government buildings brandishing large weapons to protest because they want their haircuts is to be encouraged and is a good thing............

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The conversation deserves and needs to be had here as well. Take a seat.

Take a seat lol, no thanks

Ever since I heard someone point out that the zealot contingent dont deal in conversations, what they mean by "conversation" is shut up and be lectured, I'm constantly amazed at how often it is true

Classic example here. Although I can see why, most of this guff doesnt stand up to scrutiny, hence the screaming of "raciiiissm" to avoid any counterpoints :D

Mad, mad stuff

One other thing that stood out for me: Did anyone else get the feeling that Chauvin was more defying the crowd and their pleas, as opposed to doing what he may have always done? The look on his face was like, eff you, don't tell me how to do my job...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Crazy times out there. Anna Kendrick is calling for race wars.

You may ask yourself who is Anna Kendrick? To that I would say I'm not sure

It's crazy alright when you have posts like this pretending to be factual when they're complete lies or misrepresentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's crazy alright when you have posts like this pretending to be factual when they're complete lies or misrepresentation.

I'm joking. She is calling out rioters. More should do it.

I deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 18,286 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

And yet , in a nation with more guns than people, all the ones on the street protesting following the police murdering someone again , no videos of protestors going crazy shooting places up and killing people.

But lads in military cosplay marching in to government buildings brandishing large weapons to protest because they want their haircuts is to be encouraged and is a good thing............

Republican gun owners chillin at home watching the left eat each other I guess. :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

It's funny when you see the videos and it's 70% blacks doing the looting and beating and destruction yet there's a tendency to focus in on and blame white males.

How does that work?

silverharp wrote: »
    Republican gun owners chillin at home watching the left eat each other I guess. :pac:
    Today I learned the police and national guard are "the left".

• Advertisement

It's funny when you see the videos and it's 70% blacks doing the looting and beating and destruction yet there's a tendency to focus in on and blame white males.

How does that work?

This is a societal problem in general across all areas of life

People refusing to accept responsibility for their own actions. Happens everywhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement