Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Why is Trump not unifying and addressing the nation. Absolute coward.

My own thought is that he is happy that to let this deflect from the Epstein documentary and latest anonymous papers release.

He just wants to appeal to his base at this stage. Any kind of unifying speech would need to involve addressing the actual issues that are causing this.
    It is much easier for him to talk about shooting looters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Trump has absolutely no moral authority to do so.

His words actually incite violence and he dogs whistles the racists

you say that...but its not trump supporters or the so called alt right smashing up the cities across america....its the left leaning types and thugs. all of whom are living in the richest society in the western world. but all seem to think they are victims of something or another.

i laugh when i hear white supremecy being touted in the media..its complete nonsense. white supremacy/white privilege is not the problem in african american society.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Why is Trump not unifying and addressing the nation. Absolute coward.

My own thought is that he is happy that to let this deflect from the Epstein documentary and latest anonymous papers release.

https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1267333905067257857?s=20

There's always a tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Nozebleed wrote: »
    you say that...but its not trump supporters or the so called alt right smashing up the cities across america....its the left leaning types and thugs. all of whom are living in the richest society in the western world. but all seem to think they are victims of something or another.

i laugh when i hear white supremecy being touted in the media..its complete nonsense. white supremacy/white privilege is not the problem in african american society.

You do realise that when people talk about white supremacy and white privilege, they're not talking about the same thing.

(On a side note white privilege has basis in truth but is now over used and not always relevant)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

so is this the race war we've been promised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Some keystone cops racially profiled and arrested a federal agent.
    https://twitter.com/ranakba/status/1267261034408132614
    Part1 is hillarous. The change in body language from them!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

BluePlanet wrote: »
    Some keystone cops racially profiled and arrested a federal agent.
    https://twitter.com/ranakba/status/1267261034408132614
    Part1 is hillarous. The change in body language from them!

His friends saying he is not an FBI agent and having a laugh about it.

joe40 wrote: »
    You do realise that when people talk about white supremacy and white privilege, they're not talking about the same thing.

(On a side note white privilege has basis in truth but is now over used and not always relevant)

yeh. im aware of that. and both are equally as ridiculous. so called white privilege doesnt exist for 99% of white folk. its money that brings much of this privilege..no'one in america rioting these last few days can say theyre not privileged. these people come from the richest country in the world..have everything provided to them on a plate and still..they act out like this.

there's a lot of videos of black on white racism..shop keepers and the like being assaulted. i think its time the african american community leaders come out and acknowledge it. call an end to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1267250164277764097?s=21

This guy is breaking up the pavement in the hope that peaceful marchers will start to throw pieces of concrete at the police and shop windows. Decent people hand him over to the police. This kind of thing gives me hope.

Ironically enough for an organisation that would be reliant so much on social media to spread its message, Twitter, in particular, is working so well AGAINST antifa (they don’t need to be in capitals). There are literally 100s of bits of film out there of them behaving like the utter filth that they are. If people didn’t know what they are before this, then they know now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Funny that you dont find chauvins past "interesting"

I have tried to find information about his past too so I can share it with you fine people but came up short. Remember he is a cop, they tend to have clean records. Have you any information about his past of note?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I hear what you are saying

But Trump is an absolute menace. He has no will or desire or notion of compassion and harmony and bringing people together. The president is meant to be all sides equally. He is meant to bring people together....

He deliberately goes against this to create division and hostility and anger....

Mad man! And the U.S. are to blame for him being there. The people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

splinter65 wrote: »
    Ironically enough for an organisation that would be reliant so much on social media to spread its message, Twitter, in particular, is working so well AGAINST antifa (they don’t need to be in capitals). There are literally 100s of bits of film out there of them behaving like the utter filth that they are. If people didn’t know what they are before this, then they know now.

It's probably because they're not an organisation at all, and so they don't have any centralised planning, funding, etc to unify their messaging (or pay others to astroturf for them on a large scale) on social media.

Saying you're antifa is the same as saying you're feminist or conservative minded, it simply means being anti fascist and can in orporate everything from extremist to someone who just posts on the internet in their spare time just like the other two labels I mentioned. Which makes it that bit more chilling that Trump is trying to label anyone who is anti fascist as a terrorist.

walshb wrote: »
    I hear what you are saying

But Trump is an absolute menace. He has no will or desire or notion of compassion and harmony and bringing people together. The president is meant to be all sides equally. He is meant to bring people together....

He deliberately goes against this to create division and hostility and anger....

Mad man! And the U.S. are to blame for him being there. The people.

i agree..trump is an absolute simpleton. but this problem was here long before trump. personally for far too long the african american community have turned a blind eye to whats going on in african american society. and now you have these white liberals constantly pushing the false white supremacy/privilege aginst white society, the race agenda in america is constantly in the media. its false to suggest white supremacy is the root of all evil when it comes to black america...its simply not true.

I have tried to find information about his past too so I can share it with you fine people but came up short. Remember he is a cop, they tend to have clean records. Have you any information about his past of note?
    Try to be honest for once. He had 17 complaints prior to this one, and the briefest google search will tell you that. You have not tried to find info on him, or have ignored what you found. No two ways about it.

Try to be honest for once. He had 17 complaints prior to this one, and the briefest google search will tell you that. You have not tried to find info on him, or have ignored what you found. No two ways about it.

I am sure that these complaints will be aired by the prosecution, but even if they are not, I think the video of him arrogantly and brazenly kneeling down heavy on George's neck, as it's very clear that George is badly suffering, should get the message across about what type of man he is.

Im well aware of the complaints (which are not very interesting to me) I have tried and tried to find any criminal history and there is none that I can see. Careful about calling your peers liars btw

Oh absolutely, but for that other poster to claim he looked Chauvins history and found nothing can't be taken as anything but intentional dishonesty.

I only know what is being reported on Chauvin. I haven't tried to go into real detail on these complaints.

I can't make any real clear assessment on his past complaints without all the facts....but, my post stands, anyway..

The video tells me that a few days ago he showed a side that cannot go unchallenged.

Im well aware of the complaints (which are not very interesting to me) I have tried and tried to find any criminal history and there is none that I can see. Careful about calling your peers liars btw

There you go. You chose to ignore what you found on Derek Chauvin because it wasn't convenient for you. What a surprise from a woman with your posting history.

I only know what is being reported on Chauvin. I haven't tried to go into real detail on these complaints.

I can't make any real clear assessment on his past complaints without all the facts....but, my post stands, anyway..

The video tells me that a few days ago he showed a side that cannot go unchallenged.
    Entirely, he deserves to go down for murder without question. I also think his chances of getting off lighter (as the courts tend to let cops away with a lot over there) have diminished hugely with the backlash we have seen so far.

• Advertisement

Complaints are normal for cops. They are meaningless IMHO. If he had any kind of criminal past or accusations of same it would be much more indicative of his character

Entirely, he deserves to go down for murder without question. I also think his chances of getting off lighter (as the courts tend to let cops away with a lot over there) have diminished hugely with the backlash we have seen so far.

Unless they change the charge from 3rd degree (which is not intent), I can see either a lenient sentence-conviction or an acquittal.

I would have no issue with anyone claiming murder here. Not saying I believe it to be murder. It's truly despicable to think that any man could intentionally act the way Chauvin did to deliberately end a man's life..

Only Chauvin knows what he wanted to happen. But, the video certainly paints, to me, a man who was brazenly wanting to show his power and authority, and all at the expense of a defenseless human being...

Complaints are normal for cops. They are meaningless IMHO. If he had any kind of criminal past or accusations of same it would be much more indicative of his character

Interesting point. I don't think any real detail has been released on these complaints...

But if they show that the man was of unnecessary forceful and aggressive behavior, then the police department and state should be tried here for allowing a man like this remain on the force...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

It's a pretty big mistake of a "good cop" to make in this instance

Unless they change the charge from 3rd degree (which is not intent), I can see either a lenient sentence-conviction or an acquittal.

I would have no issue with anyone claiming murder here. Not saying believe it to be murder. It's truly despicable to think that any man could intentionally act the way Chauvin did to deliberately end a man's life..

Only Chauvin knows what he wanted to happen. But, the video certainly paints, to me, a man who was brazenly wanting to show his power and authority, and all at the expense of a defenseless human being...
    There might be a hint of a grey area, if not for teh fact he confirmed George had no pulse and continued to keep on his neck for a full two minutes afterwards. To me, that makes it more or less as open and shut as is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i agree..trump is an absolute simpleton. but this problem was here long before trump. personally for far too long the african american community have turned a blind eye to whats going on in african american society. and now you have these white liberals constantly pushing the false white supremacy/privilege aginst white society, the race agenda in america is constantly in the media. its false to suggest white supremacy is the root of all evil when it comes to black america...its simply not true.

Obama promised America change they can believe in.pity it didn’t happen

It's probably because they're not an organisation at all, and so they don't have any centralised planning, funding, etc to unify their messaging (or pay others to astroturf for them on a large scale) on social media.

Saying you're antifa is the same as saying you're feminist or conservative minded, it simply means being anti fascist and can in orporate everything from extremist to someone who just posts on the internet in their spare time just like the other two labels I mentioned. Which makes it that bit more chilling that Trump is trying to label anyone who is anti fascist as a terrorist.

No I’m pretty sure antifa are quite organised. A load of feminists will show up for a counter protest against trans rights because they are organised and they have organisers and leaders etc.
    Are you seriously trying to suggest that antifa infiltrated these otherwise spontaneous marches/protests, where they have destroyed the original message incidentally, organically.
    Also, burning down under construction low income housing intended for low income families is NOT fighting facism, its **** anarchy.

There might be a hint of a grey area, if not for teh fact he confirmed George had no pulse and continued to keep on his neck for a full two minutes afterwards. To me, that makes it more or less as open and shut as is possible.

If he pleads not guilty his trial will be very interesting. I’m thinking it will be OJ Simpson level. His actions on the day may well have changed the course of history in the US.

This will be one for the arguments in court...

Who confirmed no pulse, when, what time, how, is it medically certified and all that.....was it a certified doctor who confirmed it....and on and on

Defence will no doubt argue all this. And expert witnesses and doctors on both sides contradicting and disagreeing with each other....madness.

We can speculate here, but it wont be until it gets to court that every nook and cranny will be thrashed out

And sadly, as is well known, time passes, and people 'forget.' It's not as raw in their minds. All this helps Chauvin's case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

They're all first responders

"The term "first responder" refers to those individuals who in the early stages of an incident are responsible for the protection and preservation of life, property, evidence, and the environment, including emergency response providers as defined in section 2 of the Homeland Security Act of 2002"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_responder

There's a post on the thread from a cop, that once the suspect is in cuffs the suspect is no longer in their eyes a suspect becomes more like a patient can't recall the specific term the cop used.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement