Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I see the cabal has descended. This discussion is being shutdown again. This discussion can never happen. The discussion that CNN have been calling out for.

This is why you see problems in America. We can talk about white privilege, talk about jim crowe, slavery, but any mention of any responsibility on culture is seen as racist.

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

they seemed to uncuff him immediately when they opened his wallet. so if he isnt FBI then what is he?

I don't know but it shows why people need to be careful with what they see on social media.

Or at least do more research before spreading things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I don't know but it shows why people need to be careful with what they see on social media.

That's funny considering 1/4 of your posts are directly linking to social media. I'm not on any social media site by the way; I think for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

2u2me wrote: »
    I see the cabal has descended. This discussion is being shutdown again. This discussion can never happen. The discussion that CNN have been calling out for.

This is why you see problems in America. We can talk about white privilege, talk about jim crowe, slavery, but any mention of any responsibility on culture is seen as racist.

Ridiculous.

I didn't realise we were in America, last I checked there was an .ie at the end of this websites address...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Donnie "if you don't like here, go back to where you came from".

"I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

FVP3 wrote: »
    Its badgering of China in the South China sea is relevant.

If you're so into diversity of opinion ask a Vietnamese / Philipino / Indonesian / Malay person about China's activities in their waters.

China's maratime claims in the sea are completely outrageous, fly in the face of well established maratime conventions and laws and are a dangerous portent of things to come if they think they'll get away with it.

The US in concert with and approval of the above countries are completely in their rights to keep those waters free for international navigation.

The US doesn't get everything right, but they're a damn sight better than an a far more ethnocentric autocracy like China that is drunk on it's own hubris and (dwindling) foreign currency reserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ridiculous.

Throwing your hands up in the air at the first challenge.

So are you an expert or not? What’s your America experience?

‘Well the blacks just need to lift themselves up by the bootstraps’

Let’s see: they tried that before and were doing well for themselves on “black Wall Street” in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Why don’t you explain to the class how that turned out for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,427 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

any source for your claim that the video is old?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

While Trump is hiding in his bunker with the lights out, Biden has actively gone out to meet protesters. Biden is far from great, but he's also not a coward like Donald clearly is: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/joe-biden-visits-protest-site-while-trump-endorses-violent-pushback-1008189/

The contrast in images is pretty incredible.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-31-at-6.56.58-PM.jpg

vs.

YZa-VE85-YGm-ZJixv-Qt-SG82-XLHZT7-Erbb5puz-Urc6-N4-K0.jpg

I am not considering anything white. You either have not understood my post or are purposefully smearing me, either way I'm not replying to you in the future.
    Of course you won't, because you know what your post was about. It's why you literally said "Black people are told to stay in their lane, to conform to black culture, or risk being called smeared as white" right before a picture of Carlton from Fresh Prince.

I wouldn't expect you to reply and actually try and back your point up or show good faith argument in any way, shape or form going by your previous, so your lack thereof is entirely expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Ridiculous.

Thread died about 1pm. One poster screaming “waicist waicist waicist” and “shame shame shame on you” at anyone who suggested that any people of colour should take any personal responsibility for themselves at all killed it in cold blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Trump and Biden are both odious creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

While Trump is hiding in his bunker with the lights out, Biden has actively gone out to meet protesters. Biden is far from great, but he's also not a coward like Donald clearly is: https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/joe-biden-visits-protest-site-while-trump-endorses-violent-pushback-1008189/

Must have wandered off and got lost. Poor fecker. Probably telling that child how he must vote and how is cane lose his ethnicity if he doesn't vote democrat.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

merlin_169674648_387f7c3c-bf30-4e29-b18f-cbba0a115a9f-superJumbo.jpg

Trump is no racist. The work he does with Black Community is far more than Obama ever did. But of course the leftist media has brain washed a lot of Americans into thinking he is a racist.
    He's all about law and order, and calling out the groups that have clearly hijacked these protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

any source for your claim that the video is old?

There is a link in the comments to Instagram posts from a year a go which prove it's old and friends laughing about it.

https://twitter.com/_hazzy/status/1267389954579193856

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Trump and Biden are both odious creeps.

Trump's presidency has been sublime so for.

Trump is no racist. The work he does with Black Community is far more than Obama ever did. But of course the leftist media has brain washed a lot of Americans into thinking he is a racist.
    He's all about law and order, and calling out the groups that have clearly hijacked these protests.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

This New York Times video compilation of the full event shows exactly why there is effectively an uprising in the USA and why it won't go away especially when the racist sex fiend Trump is in power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/george-floyd-investigation.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Do not watch if you are any way squeamish - this is rather graphic.

Sort of like watching a public execution

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Donnie "if you don't like here, go back to where you came from".

Just on this, I'm in no way condoning what biden said it is very much of the thinking of privilege.. that the democratic party holds towards black voters that their vote is guaranteed, it's a disgusting attitude to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Has Trumpenstein held a conference yet? I would like to hear his version of reality.

Like him or hate him his number one job should be to call for unity. Riots and or protests in 38 cities now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'd love to know if there are any international actors at play in all this chaos.

I dont believe this outburst of chaos is just driven by police brutality. It may have started that way, but seems to be encompassing other ills in American society. So many out of work, so many desperate and trapped in poverty, game is rigged against them since birth.

Im wondering could this be the birth of an American version of the 'Arab Spring'

All Eyes On Rafah

silver2020 wrote: »
    This New York Times video compilation of the full event shows exactly why there is effectively an uprising in the USA and why it won't go away especially when the racist sex fiend Trump is in power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/george-floyd-investigation.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Do not watch if you are any way squeamish - this is rather graphic.

Sort of like watching a public execution

Add in 40M unemployed, Trump skating on a whole slew of charges, all the other racism and multiple tiers in the US legal system, and, the icing on top: protests last month unequivocally asserting the right of the people to protest in spite of government orders...

Nope. He was THE main agitator against peaceful, lawful black protests seen in the NFL a few years ago, around the same time he was referring to attendees of a neo nazi rally as very fine people.

Before that, he took out two-page ads to call for the death of innocent black men, insisted America's first black president could not be American, and refused to rent to black people simply for being black. To name just a few incidents.

These might be some of the reasons why he has such incredibly low approval ratings among black voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

What assumptions do they have? Would some people in black neighbourhoods have assumptions about white kids going in riding bikes in their neighbourhood alas?

I just fear we focus too much on privilege, when we have already tried to address this for decades. There are now systems in place that actually boost up black people (quotas) this certainly is a privilege.

I fear we are all avoiding the elephant in the room though a much bigger contributing factor to what we are seeing. I don't think anyone is in disagreement that the reasons are socio-economic for the differences, but why?

My theory is that America is still essentially segregated. This time not by the white people but by black culture.

...This is the thing, there is no white society; there is only society. America was built on the ideals of multiculturalism and compromise. This requires people who come there to fit in to some extent.

When you have one culture that is being shunned and ostracized for any attempt to 'fit-in' to society you surely will have problems like we are seeing today.
    There is black music and white music (and maybe country).
    Black people are told to stay in their lane, to conform to black culture, or risk being called smeared as white.
    Comments like "watch out I saw some black kids riding their bikes earlier". My neighbor would never say watch out for the white kids.

I'm done here with you. Either you're a troll, an apologist or a racist yourself(which I hope you're not). Take your pick.

Has Trumpenstein held a conference yet? I would like to hear his version of reality.

Like him or hate him his number one job should be to call for unity. Riots and or protests in 38 cities now

He has locked himself in a bunker and is ranting, raving and rambling in twitter. None of this post is a joke.

No.

He is expected to have a teleconference with governors today. No scheduled address to his fellow Americans.

This morning he did little but retweet quotes from Fox and Friends

vs.

YZa-VE85-YGm-ZJixv-Qt-SG82-XLHZT7-Erbb5puz-Urc6-N4-K0.jpg

Must have wandered off and got lost. Poor fecker. Probably telling that child how he must vote and how is cane lose his ethnicity if he doesn't vote democrat.

That this was all you could respond with says a hell of a lot that you probably wish it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Overheal wrote: »
    Lol

All I'm saying is the Narrative from the leftist media since he came into office is
    ''he hates blacks''
    '' he hates women''
    '' he hates muslims''

Going as far as signing bills to promote recruiting of more women for the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
    And the protection of ones faith.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffe2b050c-533a-11ea-a1ef-da1721a0541e?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700

OGEZXRDEUZFZRK2URWK7AL6SNM.jpg
    Yea he's an ass, but I can think for myself. I don't need to be brain washed by cnn like so many American have been into thinking he's a hater of all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

He has locked himself in a bunker and is ranting, raving and rambling in twitter. None of this post is a joke.

Moving the president to a safe location would be standard enough.

Ranting and raving on Twitter is standard for him but not normal people. Do you think he writes the tweets himself or does he shout compose at an aide?

• Advertisement

All I'm saying is the Narrative from the leftist media since he came into office is
    ''he hates blacks''
    '' he hates women''
    '' he hates muslims''

Going as far as signing bills to promote recruiting of more women for the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
    And the protection of ones faith.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffe2b050c-533a-11ea-a1ef-da1721a0541e?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700

OGEZXRDEUZFZRK2URWK7AL6SNM.jpg
    Yea he's an ass, but I can think for myself. I don't need to be brain washed by cnn like so many American have been into thinking he's a hater of all.

If you want to believe that I don’t have the respect for you to convince you otherwise. Clearly you’ve seen as much as anyone else, yet choose to think Trump is not a dog whistle artist. More power to you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement