Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WH will not give Oval Office address.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/kayleigh-mcenany-dismisses-call-for-trump-to-deliver-oval-office-address-a-speech-is-not-going-to-stop-antifa/

I’ve never seen a President refuse to address the nation while half of it was on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Overheal wrote: »
    WH will not give Oval Office address.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/kayleigh-mcenany-dismisses-call-for-trump-to-deliver-oval-office-address-a-speech-is-not-going-to-stop-antifa/

I’ve never seen a President refuse to address the nation while half of it was on fire.
    True. But, on the plus side, any address this particular President might give would almost certainly make matters worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

All I'm saying is the Narrative from the leftist media since he came into office is
    ''he hates blacks''
    '' he hates women''
    '' he hates muslims''

Going as far as signing bills to promote recruiting of more women for the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.
    And the protection of ones faith.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffe2b050c-533a-11ea-a1ef-da1721a0541e?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700

OGEZXRDEUZFZRK2URWK7AL6SNM.jpg
    Yea he's an ass, but I can think for myself. I don't need to be brain washed by cnn like so many American have been into thinking he's a hater of all.

Have you heard the words come from his own mouth? Not the media spin on the stuff, just the words from the dogs mouth.. if you still hold the position he's not racist or doesn't fan these flames himself your excuse that it's just the lefty media there's no point in discussing.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    True. But, on the plus side, any address this particular President might give would almost certainly make matters worse.

A resignation address would do the trick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

How come you picked 1 piece of my whole reply to you and left out the rest of it?

Eh? That was a one-line post you made. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113602861&postcount=2634
    I just looked two pages forward and back (about 175-177) of the post I replied to in the case I missed something, but I see nothing from you directed at me.
    they seemed to uncuff him immediately when they opened his wallet. so if he isnt FBI then what is he?

Not the person they were looking for. At the beginning one of the cops says he believes he is a person for whom there was an outstanding warrant. It would have been much easier had the cop simply asked for name and ID*. I don't think it's unreasonable for them to at least make the question if there was a reasonable similarity between the two.

*That's assuming they didn't start with such a request before the clip started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

All I'm saying is the Narrative from the leftist media since he came into office is
    ''he hates blacks''
    '' he hates women''
    '' he hates muslims''

Going as far as signing bills to promote recruiting of more women for the fields of science, technology, engineering and math.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffe2b050c-533a-11ea-a1ef-da1721a0541e?fit=scale-down&source=next&width=700

Yea he's an ass, but I can think for myself. I don't need to be brain washed by cnn like so many American have been into thinking he's a hater of all.

Ever heard of photo-ops, how they're used in politics and what kind of people they're aimed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

16 minute supercut.

''he hates blacks''
    '' he hates women''
    '' he hates muslims''

Here is Hitler with a Jewish girl named Rosa Bernile Nienau, who he held quite dear. Can we now put to an end the nonsense belief that Adolf Hitler was some kind of anti semite?

_104304564_bfd316f2-aede-4331-9bc6-295c38e73c9e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,057 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nope. He was THE main agitator against peaceful, lawful black protests seen in the NFL a few years ago, around the same time he was referring to attendees of a neo nazi rally as very fine people.

Before that, he took out two-page ads to call for the death of innocent black men, insisted America's first black president could not be American, and refused to rent to black people simply for being black. To name just a few incidents.

These might be some of the reasons why he has such incredibly low approval ratings among black voters.

You're quoting cnn though, the brain washing has got to you. His opinion on NFL protests was respect the flag, the country.
    On the rally '' “You also had some very fine people on both sides.” But also called out the Nazi element.
    A lot of Right Protesters are passionate about there country, but non violent, of course there will be those White Suprematists

Donald Trump condemned “racism, bigotry and white supremacy”“Hate has no place in America, … hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul,” Trump said

He loves those flag waving passionate Americans, and think they have a right to show it, and their beliefs. So many peaceful Right events are attacked physically by people brain washed by the leftist media.

I'm no Trump supporter, but I can think for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭PyreOfHellfire

Jaysis Toby you've taken being banned from the Liverpool thread a little harder than anticipated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Someone should tell these guys Montreal isn't actually in the USA.
    Maybe they missed geography class.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1267281304036335618

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Three hour queues to get into IKEA in the UK today, really don't understand why they don't just smash their way in, take what they want and set fire to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @PyreOfHellfire - considering you don't have anything to add, consider yourself banned from the thread for the next 24 hours. Next bout of smartarsery will earn a card.

So interesting to see "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

— Donald J. Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Jaysis Toby you've taken being banned from the Liverpool thread a little harder than anticipated.

I don't set out to get banned, or carded. Broke a rule '' letter of the law'' no mercy. Harsh, but rules are rules.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: @PyreOfHellfire - considering you don't have anything to add, consider yourself banned from the thread for the next 24 hours. Next bout of smartarsery will earn a card.

Maybe I should have just added a bit of racism instead would that have been okay with you? Can't be leaving jokes here, clearly against the charter

Mod: permanently threadbanned.

You can't compare a town of 10 to an area of 1000's upon 1000's when talking of crime. People so far into the sticks help each other, no crimes when one can borrow anything any time. Silly to compare such a place to an urban setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Gotta love every other post blaming Trump in some way / shape or form .

Thread is about some poor unfortunate HUMAN being , dieing while being restrained by a number of heavy handed police officers . RIP and hopefully justice will be served and lessons learned .

( P.s While out cycling earlier , a fly crashed into my helmet and died on the road . Now , how could one go about blaming Trump for this !! )

• Advertisement

You're quoting cnn though, the brain washing has got to you. His opinion on NFL protests was respect the flag, the country.
    On the rally '' “You also had some very fine people on both sides.” But also called out the Nazi element.
    A lot of Right Protesters are passionate about there country, but non violent, of course there will be those White Suprematists

Donald Trump condemned “racism, bigotry and white supremacy”“Hate has no place in America, … hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart and devours the soul,” Trump said

He loves those flag waving passionate Americans, and think they have a right to show it, and their beliefs. So many peaceful Right events are attacked physically by people brain washed by the leftist media.

I'm no Trump supporter, but I can think for myself.

Nope. The fact you are claiming I am "quoting CNN" (wtf?) really does the last sentence of your post a major disservice by the way.

The anger against the NFL protests had nothing to do with the flag, as kneeling for the anthem is not seen as disrespectful by the US flag code that the military fight to defend: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/4/8 . And any pretense that draft dodger Donald Trump has any respect for the military or flag flies out the window as he was mocking gold star families and US war heroes at the same time as this. Which his "patriotic" supporters have shown they are absolutely fine with.

The NFL protests were about the same issue that these protests which have developed into riots are, and many of the same people asking "why can't they just protest peacefully" were absolutely dead set against them doing exactly that at the time. The vast majority of those against it just disliked the 'negroes getting uppity', as they always do regardless of circumstance (hence why MLK was considered an extremist and the most dangerous 'negro' in the US, moreso than even Malcolm X).

The Charlottesville rally literally was a neo Nazi rally by the way, organised by neo Nazi groups, with neo Nazi and white supremacist flags, banners, chants and apparel strewn throughout it. It was the third one of that summer, with others being organised by the KKK themselves. You would be as well to say a rally full of brown lads and women in burkas chanting "death to infidels" and "allah akhbar" organised by ISIS, and claim you had no idea and thought it was just a rally celebrating religious tradition and freedom. Had that happened and ended in a terror attack, and had Obama talked about "very fine people on both sides", I don't even need to say what the reaction would have been.

And Trump can give some empty lip service all he wants, but at the same time he has literal white supremacists like Stephen Miller on his advisory team and refuses to remove them even after their close connections to these groups have been uncovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

silver2020 wrote: »
    This New York Times video compilation of the full event shows exactly why there is effectively an uprising in the USA and why it won't go away especially when the racist sex fiend Trump is in power.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/31/us/george-floyd-investigation.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Do not watch if you are any way squeamish - this is rather graphic.

Sort of like watching a public execution

That is fcuking evil. They're the police, the people charged with upholding the law. No way is that accidental.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Out of the 100 cities listed here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate - that would put Beattysville as the lowest crime rate for any of them, on either violent or property crimes. Windsor Hills would be in the 9th and 13th lowest, respectively.

Basically, this doesn't really prove nor show anything of note. It does raise the question of why you're following such openly racist, 'race replacement' obsessed Twitter accounts as the one you linked to though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

BoroMan32 wrote: »

Let put that in an Irish context.

It would be like comparing Enniscrone in Sligo to Knocklyon in Dublin.

Beattyville is as rural as you get.
    View Park is a suburb surrounded by other suburbs in LA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

THE_SHEEP wrote: »

Thread is about some poor unfortunate HUMAN being , dieing while being restrained by a number of heavy handed police officers . RIP and hopefully justice will be served and lessons learned .

( P.s While out cycling earlier , a fly crashed into my helmet and died on the road . Now , how could one go about blaming Trump for this !! )

It's the total lack of leadership that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

''he hates blacks''
    '' he hates women''
    '' he hates muslims''

I agree that is an incorrect statement.

Trump loves women. Especially young nubile women.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

THE_SHEEP wrote: »

The Ferguson riots happened under Obama but of course he wasn't to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The Ferguson riots happened under Obama but of course he wasn't to blame.

The difference is Trump is either absent or making stupid inflammatory tweets about shooting looters.
    Zero leadership. No one is naive enough to think that any single president can solve America's long time societal and race issues.
    But you would expect the president, in times of crisis, to be a bit better than some random civilian spouting sh*te on Twitter.
    The Ferguson riots were nowhere near the same scale as what is happening now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

16 minute supercut.

have these guys ever heard of negotiators?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement