Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

That this was all you could respond with says a hell of a lot that you probably wish it didn't.

Oh how virtuous. In comparison to your ilk go on about trump and his image it's a bit hypocritical. But one rule for you's and not other as per

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

You can't compare a town of 10 to an area of 1000's upon 1000's when talking of crime. People so far into the sticks help each other, no crimes when one can borrow anything any time. Silly to compare such a place to an urban setting.
    Well, no crime if you don't count interbreeding and domestic abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

joe40 wrote: »
    The difference is Trump is either absent or making stupid inflammatory tweets about shooting looters.
    Zero leadership. No one is naive enough to think that any single president can solve America's long time societal and race issues.
    But you would expect the president, in times of crisis, to be a bit better than some random civilian spouting sh*te on Twitter.
    The Ferguson riots were nowhere near the same scale as what is happening now.

Spot on.

Comparing Obama, or any president to this nut case is obscene..

As you said, no president can fix America..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

https://twitter.com/TimRosales750/status/1267298042220167176?s=20

I hope none of your packages were on board

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Brevedar wrote: »
    Would you say similar about Obama with respect to the Ferguson riots?

Man up and state plainly your case for why Obama should be blamed for the Fergusson riots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I actually have no memory of those riots.

But from wiki

“On November 24, minutes after a prosecuting attorney announced that a grand jury decided not to indict police officer Darren Wilson, President Obama urged calm and restraint in Ferguson, saying racial discrimination and distrust of police cannot be resolved by "throwing bottles." Immediately after the shooting and in the weeks leading up to the grand jury announcement, President Obama has made several such calls for calm and restraint in Ferguson“

Trump said something along the lines of “When the looting starts, the shooting starts”
    He hasn’t addressed the nation yet and there seems to be no sign of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Oh how virtuous. In comparison to your ilk go on about trump and his image it's a bit hypocritical. But one rule for you's and not other as per
    You just keep digging, it shows how indefensible Trump's cowardly lack of leadership from down in the bunker is, even to his most loyal supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

From what I remember, Obama didn't just tweet out to shoot people and then go hide in a bunker. Like he actually addressed the nation about it at least.

I actually have no memory of those riots.

But from wiki

“On November 24, minutes after a prosecuting attorney announced that a grand jury decided not to indict police officer Darren Wilson, President Obama urged calm and restraint in Ferguson, saying racial discrimination and distrust of police cannot be resolved by "throwing bottles." Immediately after the shooting and in the weeks leading up to the grand jury announcement, President Obama has made several such calls for calm and restraint in Ferguson“

Trump sad something along the lines of “When the looting starts, the shooting starts”
    He hasn’t addressed the nation yet and there seems to be no sign of him.

This would explain why I have no searing recollection of Obama being responsible for Fergusson alright.

Did I say he should be blamed?

Then why did you ask such a loaded, stupid question? Explain that without another deflection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Unless I missed it Trump didn't tell anyone to shoot people. He said looting leads to shooting. Ie. Quit the looting, it leads to bad outcomes.

When do you think he will address the nation? Or should that just not be a priority when america is literally burning? Yep, hiding in a bunker is a better option. I mean, this is the president we're talking about ffs.

For what its worth, I'm pissed off about the looting and destruction and agree that it needs to be stopped. Not sure about shooting them though, maybe rubber bullets as you say. A third of people in my city are out of work because of the pandemic. This is jeopardizing our reopening which everyone desperately wants to happen. Luckily, so far it has remained relatively peaceful here and hopefully it stays that way. I completely agree with peoples right to protest, and they should, but the riots and looting need to be stopped. Obviously they are in a tough spot though with the world watching and any tough actions being perceived as brutality

Unless I missed it Trump didn't tell anyone to shoot people. He said looting leads to shooting. Ie. Quit the looting, it leads to bad outcomes.

But in my opinion looters should be shot with rubber bullets or water cannons. They are destroying people's livelihoods.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-trump-comments-perceived-encouraging-violence/story?id=48415766

You missed it clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump seems to want tanks on US city streets. He berated governors on a call today saying they were weak and he did not believe enough force was being used.

He seems to have a hard on for the military.

He says he is putting the chairman of the joint chiefs in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Trump seems to want tanks on US city streets. He berated governors on a call today saying they were weak and he did not believe enough force was being used.

He seems to have a hard on for the military.

Greatest military in the world!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Overheal wrote: »
    Then why did you ask such a loaded, stupid question? Explain that without another deflection.

I didn’t say either were responsible, I said there was lack of leadership from Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Did I say he should be blamed?
    Even the Republican governor of Maryland asked him to stop inciting violence - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/larry-hogan-trump-tweet-george-floyd-death-inciting-violence_n_5ed18257c5b6ab15ecd6128a?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAANTe5nbpmDWrd2zdjwGDwV-3MuAdJGGhN9-1OJvDsdW6VmkhCLyvHjnLYsW1lvT53fBBlXhImHCmP6lqmBIKXq5yK6hrNEqBrzSgf1NhJ4ALXwog1jmOMRPxT79EFaiYBh8YeGtEUBV9JP7JQq6cxCDpsjqQeI_I-dNw3yzXpg1v

“I don’t think it’s helpful,” Hogan said of Trump’s tweet. A better tactic is “lowering the temperature, trying to stop the violence and ... bring about calm and restore peace and law and order.”

“Inflammatory rhetoric, I just don’t think is helpful on either side,” Hogan said. “I do believe you’ve got to have law and order, that you’ve got to stop the burning and looting — but inciting violence with Twitter is not the way to go about it.”

• Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You clearly missed the heading of the article stating "perceived by some".

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    You clearly missed the heading of the article stating "perceived by some".

If thats the veil you wish to hide behind...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,550 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

walshb wrote: »
    Greatest military in the world!!!!!

Nearly won every war they were in after ww2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Anyone caught looting needs to be imprisoned, it undermines the protests, it's disgusting for anyone to use the murder of an innocent man as an excuse to riot and loot.

The bourgeoisie of the whole world, which looks complacently upon the wholesale massacre after the battle, is convulsed by horror at the desecration of brick and mortar.

Karl Marx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Anyone caught looting needs to be imprisoned, it undermines the protests, it's disgusting for anyone to use the murder of an innocent man as an excuse to riot and loot.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267209817875193856

°°°°°

If thats the veil you wish to hide behind...

Veil is wish to hide behind?

I haven't made my feelings on the topic known.

You posted a link to an article which state in its heading the words "perceived by some" and presented it as evidence that those perceptions are beyond reproach.
    You posted the link, I would have assumed you would have at least read and understood the heading of the article.

You clearly have an axe to grind with Trump (Covfefe Connoisseur).
    Personally I think he's a buffoon, but fire ahead and sling mud without asking.

Glazers Out!

begbysback wrote: »

Literally Covid mask in the thumbnail so..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Did anyone see the RTÉ footage of the protest in dublin?

As much as I support ppl’s right to protest peacefully I do NOT support ppl absolutely ignoring the social distancing rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

This is the kind of thing that happens when the State continues to randomly murder its citizens.

Trump is a f*ckwit who sets the the landscape for this stuff with his dog whistling.

I doubt he'll be referring to fine people on both sides this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Literally Covid mask in the thumbnail so..

so it wont play because of that?

Do you disagree that people should be imprisoned for looting?

Can they arrest them without murdering them?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

The bourgeoisie of the whole world, which looks complacently upon the wholesale massacre after the battle, is convulsed by horror at the desecration of brick and mortar.

Karl Marx

Nothing Karl Marx wrote about ever resulted in human tragedy.

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement