Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Did anyone see the RTÉ footage of the protest in dublin?

As much as I support ppl’s right to protest peacefully I do NOT support ppl absolutely ignoring the social distancing rules.

Same people giving out about Gem wanting her arrested are probably the ones out today!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,944 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    Can they arrest them without murdering them?

How many looters have been murdered by police in these riots?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“Barack Obama urges continued George Floyd protests but condemns the violence and tells activists to channel their anger into 'peace' action and make his death a 'turning point for real change'”

That’s all it took.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Apparently there is a white house press conference soon. I dread what he is going to say tbh. Is it possible he could say something measured that won't lead to a continuation or escalation?

Audio of trumps call with the governors has been released.
    Yikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭tigger123

Audio of trumps call with the governors has been released.
    Yikes!

What's the headline?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Apparently there is a white house press conference soon. I dread what he is going to say tbh. Is it possible he could say something measured that won't lead to a continuation or escalation?

He said he is putting the chairman of the joint chiefs 'in charge', ie the military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Apparently there is a white house press conference soon. I dread what he is going to say tbh

This should have happened two days ago. The idiot should be out telling people to be calm and to unify in peaceful protest while at the same time condemning violence and rioting.

I think he will go on the attack and inflame things further. Especially as Antifa members are part of the rioting. Antifa hate Trump and Trump hates antifa. He wont calm tensions but he could be about to make things a lot worse.

I cannot find any article or link to an upcoming conference. Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,823 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nullzero wrote: »

Woooooosh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Simply put would removing Trump from office improve the U.S. over night? Would certainly end the riots.

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    What's the headline?

He called governors weak while hiding in his bunker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Same people giving out about Gem wanting her arrested are probably the ones out today!

Well, we're talking similar numbers... https://www.thejournal.ie/peaceful-protests-us-police-brutality-dublin-5112042-May2020/

"Dozens gather in Dublin for peaceful protests against US police brutality"

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

On the plus side, I guess at least most of them are socially distancing.

He said he is putting the chairman of the joint chiefs 'in charge', ie the military.

Note he’s not putting himself in charge he’s throwing a subordinate in front of the bus.

Bowie wrote: »
    Simply put would removing Trump from office improve the U.S. over night? Would certainly end the riots.

They would become instant celebrations.

Hell, I’d bring drinks and miniature American flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

This should have happened two days ago. The idiot should be out telling people to be calm and to unify in peaceful protest while at the same time condemning violence and rioting.

I think he will go on the attack and inflame things further. Especially as Antifa members are part of the rioting. Antifa hate Trump and Trump hates antifa. He wont calm tensions but he could be about to make things a lot worse.

I cannot find any article or link to an upcoming conference. Are you sure?

It says on the news here "awaiting white house news conference". Sorry, my mistake. Its his press secretary. Pretty disgraceful that he still hasn't addressed the nation.

°°°°°

Woooooosh....

Whoosh?

Show me where police have murdered looters.

You have some neck saying "Whoosh" when you can't even proof read articles you're linking to.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

begbysback wrote: »

Finally , a video that proves the nasty " white " majority are the venom in all of this ( wink wink ) .

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Well, we're talking similar numbers... https://www.thejournal.ie/peaceful-protests-us-police-brutality-dublin-5112042-May2020/

"Dozens gather in Dublin for peaceful protests against US police brutality"

dozens_of_us_arrested_development.gif

On the plus side, I guess at least most of them are socially distancing.

They're not social distancing, what a fcuking joke. How easily people forgot Covid-19 How easily people who were frothing at the mouth about lack of social distancing just a few short weeks ago have now forgotten it completely. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

They're not social distancing, what a fcuking joke. How easily people forgot Covid-19 How easily people who were frothing at the mouth about lack of social distancing just a few short weeks ago have now forgotten it completely. Pathetic.

It's a complete joke. Where are the government condemning this?

It's one rule for the protestors and a completely different rule for people whose businesses are going under.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,639 ✭✭✭✭walshb

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Finally , a video that proves the nasty " white " majority are the venom in all of this ( wink wink ) .

It’s vile to see..

People are weird. Odd. Crazy.

I don’t get it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

That's just sad.

I know I have seen at least one in Detroit and another in Kentucky off the top of my head, though unsure if they were looters or protestors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

And these are definitely the same people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Oh well, let's all just fck the requirements asked of us and go back to being pricks.
    Don't worry if you had to zoom your mam or dad's funeral - sure there's crappy social media likes to be had.

Where are the guards and govt in all of this please.

°°°°°

I know I have seen at least one in Detroit and another in Kentucky off the top of my head, though unsure if they were looters or protestors.

Murder implies a premeditated intent to kill, the words people are using here are off the wall. That is the point I was making.

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

This is why people need to get back to work, too much time on their hands.

Yeah hadn't seen that, and it is a joke, especially since we have it pretty good here as far as Gardai not being violent. A few dozen in a park wouldn't be a huge bother, a few hundred in nor al circumstances would be a bit cringe given the context but nothing more. But that's just annoying to put it mildly, having spent the last 10 weeks on lockdown.

Garda should have cracked down in Gemma and co a few weeks ago, when they let them run amock they backed themselves into a corner for dispersing something like this.

Murder implies a premeditated intent to kill, the words people are using here are off the wall. That is the point I was making.

Cop was charged with murder.

A murder happened.

It was murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Yeah hadn't seen that, and it is a joke, especially since we have it pretty good here as far as Gardai not being violent. A few dozen in a park wouldn't be a huge bother, a few hundred in nor al circumstances would be a bit cringe given the context but nothing more. But that's just annoying to put it mildly, having spent the last 10 weeks on lockdown.

Garda should have cracked down in Gemma and co a few weeks ago, when they let them run amock they backed themselves into a corner for dispersing something like this.

To be fair there was Gemma and a band of less than 20.

We're talking thousands at the march today.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Cop was charged with murder.

A murder happened.

It was murder.

Are we talking about the murder of George Floyd here?

Nobody is arguing that point.

You are suggesting that police are murdering protesters/looters.

Glazers Out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement