Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

He was talking throughout the video. If you can’t breath you cannot talk.

Ok so we both know that that statement is completely false.
    Please come up with a better answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

nullzero wrote: »
    So rioting in multiple cities isn't a national emergency?

Hilariously the people who were shouting tyranny from the rooftops a few weeks ago over stay at home orders are now demanding US citizens are gunned down by the authorities in the streets and oppressive martial law and national emergencies are declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Video evidence means absolutely nothing if a qualified medical professional can show that his arteries were clogged up and/or he was under the influence. Proving that the cops action was the precipitating factor in his death will be extremely difficult. Courts work off facts, not feelings.

This has been outlined to you by another poster.

And not to be smart, but you should clue yourself in how prosecutions and jury trials work.

A jury of peers will decide this man's fate, not medical professionals, and you can be damn sure the prosecutors will be pursuing the murder charge in so far as they can and not accepting plea bargains in this case. When the jury room door is locked, he will be at the mercy of the 12.

Facts not feelings as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

nullzero wrote: »
    So rioting in multiple cities isn't a national emergency?
    Yes it is.
    But the rioting is emotive, spontaneous and disorganized.
    It's not some sort of planned, professional, coordinated event.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If you like we can arrange for a real live test where someone kneels on your neck for a bit. Nothing like bringing personal experience to the table.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 BeakerTurtle69

Video evidence means absolutely nothing if a qualified medical professional can show that his arteries were clogged up and/or he was under the influence. Proving that the cops action was the precipitating factor in his death will be extremely difficult. Courts work off facts, not feelings.

Edit: an autopsy could also show up an underlying condition that neither the cop nor the dude on the ground knew about.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is the weakest attempt by far to undermine protest.

‘It wasnt being kneed to the pavement that killed him it was high blood pressure!’

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

NO.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/06/01/george-floyd-independent-autopsy-findings-released-monday/5307185002/

Dr. Michael Baden and Dr. Allecia Wilson performed the autopsy and said there was "neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain," according to Crump's statement. They added that "weight on the back, handcuffs and positioning were contributory factors because they impaired the ability of Mr. Floyd’s diaphragm to function."

Baden and Wilson said it appeared that Floyd died at the scene of the incident.

"What we found is consistent with what people saw," Baden said. "There is no other health issue that could cause or contribute to the death. Police have this false impression that if you can talk, you can breathe. That’s not true."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Unless it's a full on strangulation, this wasnt.. you can still talk..

The POS cop standing, said those exact words.. "if he can talk, he can breathe".

The standing cop was correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

read it and weep losers. Independent autopsy out and no underlying health conditions Cause of Death was asphyxiation!! Justify that!!! and as I stated 100 pages ago. BUT FOR the knee he would be alive. JUSTIFY THAT

it is live streaming so you will soon find out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

No he isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Just admit it, you're racist and enjoy watching police murder black people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Your definition of breathing along with that POS standing there is different to mine.

I like to have no pressure being applied to any of my airway for me to breathe. If pressure is applied to one side of my airway I'm thinking I'm being choked, can I still talk? Yes I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

We’ll see after the trial.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/george-floyd-family-release-results-autopsy-70994420

I think we can see right now. Well, most of us anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,446 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Overheal wrote: »
    At the rate progressives are buying guns and ammo this weekend we may see bipartisanship on reform this century!

Funny how that works. Almost like the Founding Fathers had some idea what they were doing when they inserted the 2nd Amendment.

We’ll see after the trial.

Lol no one wants him acquitted. The jury will spit out an instant guilty verdict. You know its true.

Oh holy ****!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Edit: an autopsy could also show up an underlying condition that neither the cop nor the dude on the ground knew about.

It's a good thing that an independent autopsy was ordered then, isn't it?

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1267534290784587781

EDIT: Hadn't seen the post by Deebles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

The protests today in town were incredibly frustrating. People not social distancing or wearing gloves/masks.

I get the unrest, upside and urge to show support - however, we are going through a terrible crisis at the moment. Many more could die as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

theballz wrote: »
    The protests today in town were incredibly frustrating. People not social distancing or wearing gloves/masks.

I get the unrest, upside and urge to show support - however, we are going through a terrible crisis at the moment. Many more could die as a result.
    In all likelihood they won't and being outside is a far lower risk but definitely not the right way to do this at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I wonder will his lawyer wheel out the Weldoninho defense all the same?

are you a doctor? a medical expert?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So is that cop, what did your call it earlier.....oh yes, a psychic coroner??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Two widely differing reports is probably a bad thing here..

Much better if both were closer together.

The attorney for the family calling for a bump in charge to 1st degree murder (imo it was).

if you are interested in the live stream of the independent autopsy results https://www.facebook.com/bencrumplaw/videos/342911463355346

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    read it and weep losers. Independent autopsy out and no underlying health conditions Cause of Death was asphyxiation!! Justify that!!! and as I stated 100 pages ago. BUT FOR the knee he would be alive. JUSTIFY THAT

Independent autopsy isn’t a court of law. That’s where all the evidence will be produced and we will get answers.

• Advertisement

Two widely differing reports is probably a bad thing here..

Much better if both were closer together.

The attorney for the family calling for a bump in charge to 1st degree murder (imo it was).

good point. wierd that both are so different. 1st report was a sham IMO and tried to tell us what we saw with our own eyes wasnt true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement