Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

Independent autopsy isn’t a court of law. That’s where all the evidence will be produced and we will get answers.

its EVIDENCE and contradicts the first report. so its interesting EVIDENCE. thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Muahahaha wrote: »

Given that their police are funded by government and their healthcare is privately funded is it not a fine example of public services bgeing superior to the private sector?

Something to celebrate, surely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Independent autopsy isn’t a court of law. That’s where all the evidence will be produced and we will get answers.

Suddenly “it has to be decided in a court of law”

Five minutes ago: “if you can talk you can breathe”

We see you.

Brevedar wrote: »
    Is there any evidence that Trump is racist?

Loads. Google is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

You were extremely happy to support the findings of the first autopsy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    good point. wierd that both are so different. 1st report was a sham IMO and tried to tell us what we saw with our own eyes wasnt true.

Yeah, there's ways of looking at it.. even if it wasn't the strangulation and it was the underlying conditions that killed him.. there is so much evidence that their actions were not in anyway other then to torture the man, if he resisted them, he was going to pay for it.. their actions led by that cnut and the willingness of the others to not rip him off his neck led to his death. Everyone of them are culpable of his murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I've heard people tarnish eastern europeans, gypsies, travellers in awful terms, talk about how America is such a bad and terrible country. they don't understand that the same thinking that people are inherently no better or worse, is what leads to the type of country America has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Overheal wrote: »

We see you.

I stand by that. It’s always been my contention that it will be decided in court. As I said earlier, if there was a lot of plaque built up in etc in Mr Floyds arteries and/or he has taken intoxicants it would be very hard to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the cop caused death.

Of course, his arteries could be clear and the cop could get send down. I’m playing devils advocate, but from the video I don’t think asphyxiation was the cause of death. That’s my opinion, nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,277 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

theballz wrote: »
    The protests today in town were incredibly frustrating. People not social distancing or wearing gloves/masks.

I get the unrest, upside and urge to show support - however, we are going through a terrible crisis at the moment. Many more could die as a result.

The tragedy of Floyd's murder aside, those clowns out there on their "protest" today are the worst kind of gobshites.

I'd say a good half percentage of them were there because they had fuck all else to do. Exactly what it is they think they are going to achieve is anybody's guess.

It probably didn't even register with the targets they're protesting against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You were extremely happy to support the findings of the first autopsy though.

Extremely happy? I live in Dublin. A case in butthole, Minnesota has no real baring on my emotions either way. Sorry to disappoint. It’s a discussion board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I stand by that. It’s always been my contention that it will be decided in court. As I said earlier, if there was a lot of plaque built up in etc in Mr Floyds arteries and/or he has taken intoxicants it would be very hard to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the cop caused death.

Of course, his arteries could be clear and the cop could get send down. I’m playing devils advocate, but from the video I don’t think asphyxiation was the cause of death. That’s my opinion, nothing else.

Hard to prove beyond reasonable doubt? Easiest thing to prove.

Your opinion is factually wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Muahahaha wrote: »

I'm not sure if swat police need disposal uniforms or nurses require automatic weapons to treat patients though

Tony EH wrote: »
    The tragedy of Floyd's murder aside, those clowns out there on their "protest" today are the worst kind of gobshites.

I'd say a good half percentage of them were there because they had fuck all else to do. Exactly what it is they think they are going to achieve is anybody's guess.

It probably didn't even register with the targets they're protesting against.

It’s almost as if a few bad apples spoil the public’s opinion of an entire bunch.

Huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You have to be joking right?

Are you seriously mounting an argument on this basis and trying to play it off like you know how the justice system works?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

good article on the neck restraint and police training in Minnesota in general.

in summary - most states don't allow this technique but Minnesota is an exception. quotes from minnesota police training organisations seem very vague. also the cop in question had a history of complaints made against him.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/05/29/george-floyd-experts-say-neck-restraint-allowed-minneapolis-can-kill/5274334002/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

theballz wrote: »
    The protests today in town were incredibly frustrating. People not social distancing or wearing gloves/masks.

I get the unrest, upside and urge to show support - however, we are going through a terrible crisis at the moment. Many more could die as a result.

that the government allowed it to go ahead makes the long drawn out loosening of covid 19 restrictions a complete farce

• Registered Users Posts: 12,347 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Hi Johnnie Cochran! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Brevedar wrote: »
    Is there any evidence that Trump is racist?

On the contrary, maga love black people

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1266797274149146624

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    that the government allowed it to go ahead makes the long drawn out loosening of covid 19 restrictions a complete farce

“Allowed it”

?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

Two widely differing reports is probably a bad thing here..

Much better if both were closer together.

The attorney for the family calling for a bump in charge to 1st degree murder (imo it was).

Agreed, piper payer calling the tune.
    Imo it was too, he had his knee on his neck within a minute of arriving, had no idea of what had happened before, Floyd was clearly under the influence and was no threat to anyone.
    Breaks my heart to hear him calling for Mama.

• Advertisement

“Your honor the suspect was simply not healthy enough to be brutalized by my client”

JFK wasn't murdered in the legal sense. He had an unusually tender skull due to a lack of calcium intake and had the misfortune to drive by the book depository as Lee Harvey Oswald was innocently testing his rifle that he got for his birthday. He mistook Jackie Kennedy's hat for a pheasant. Honest mistake.

#weldonihnolegalplaybook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Just saw this video about an unhinged cop in NY pulling out his weapon and aiming at protesters.
    This is how it will go down: unhinged cops will start shooting ppl; protesters will then start bringing guns.

https://twitter.com/jangelooff/status/1267308341660979200

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Dr Tony won’t be happy with the social distancing at that March today in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It'd be interesting to see both reports in full. We only seem to see snippets from the press. I found it odd that the first attributed some blame to "potential intoxicants" when they didn't even have the toxicology results.
    And on the second, if there were features found suggestive of asphyxia, it makes that conclusion more fact than opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Agreed, piper payer calling the tune.
    Imo it was too, he had his knee on his neck within a minute of arriving, had no idea of what had happened before, Floyd was clearly under the influence and was no threat to anyone.
    Breaks my heart to hear him calling for Mama.

Someone reminded me of the Thomas Kelly incident from 2011, also posted on this thread after I was reminded.. I thought that would be the worse case of brutality I'd witness from cops, nope step up these 4 fcuks in full view of people recording them they didn't give a sh!t, the attitude of blue uniform/badge stayed strong through out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

We see you.

We see you too.

Everyone who has a different opinion to you is automatically a racist.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

nullzero wrote: »
    We see you too.

Well whoever thinks the cop kneeling on his neck didn't kill him are either a racist or an idiot.

And if you're a racist, you're an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Feck anyone who attended that bull**** today, all for their own self gratification and Instagram.

Black Lives Matter.

Not elderly Irish people though or those with compromised immune systems even if such people are also black.

There are smarter and safer ways to organise a protest here during this time. ****ing idiots marching today over something that happened three thousand miles away and we are in the midst of a pandemic that is crucifying business and the country’s finances.

nullzero wrote: »
    We see you too.

Excuse me the fcuk?

Show me where. Bet.

• Advertisement

Extremely happy? I live in Dublin. A case in butthole, Minnesota has no real baring on my emotions either way. Sorry to disappoint. It’s a discussion board.

The Twin Cities have a metro population of about 4 million people. Significantly larger than Dublin, so it's not exactly Beavertown Iowa we're dealing with here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement