Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Funny you dont care if the city burns and other are affected.
    Some nerve on me?:pac:
    You sit there all day today talking absolute ****e and then dont give a toss if people you dont like are hurt.
    You are a joke.

No, the joke is accusing someone grieving an innocent business ****ing owner being murdered by cops in a riot as not caring about innocent business owners in a riot. That’s you. **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Is American a racist country? Is it systemically racist?

Do scumbag officers acting like scumbag officers make the entire structure of the country racist if every so often it is black people that come under their punishment?

Just how bad are the actions taken to curb protests given the descent into rioting and looting. If the same was happening here, we'd expect our police to take to the streets to restore order. In fact if they didn't, we'd say the Government and the AGS had failed us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Overheal wrote: »
    If anything the impression I got was justice in Ireland was 2-tier and inconsistently applied and have agreed with reforms for a while. Justice worked for Eddie Halvey but definitely not others.

Yeah I agree with that, but the gap between rich and poor in this country is not as pronounced as in many other places, it is a country of effort and reward, I know our history of emigration is not wonderful, but hopefully we can welcome immigrants because of it, in the knowledge that not so long ago the shoe was on the other foot, in general terms justice is the acknowledgement of right over wrong, and George Floyd didn't receive justice, he was accused of passing a dud score in a liqueur store, (offie) that's what the arrest came from, if everyone was arrested for something as ridiculous as that, I would have been in front of the beak twice a week. In reality I have never been arrested. Ireland is not perfect, but lots of good people reside here, and the people make the place in the vast majority of cases.

Do scumbag officers acting like scumbag officers make the entire structure of the country racist if every so often it is black people that come under their punishment?

Just how bad are the actions taken to curb protests given the descent into rioting and looting. If the same was happening here, we'd expect our police to take to the streets to restore order. In fact if they didn't, we'd say the Government and the AGS had failed us.

If the system is not designed to flush out racist and corrupt cops then the system is broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

No, the joke is accusing someone grieving an innocent business ****ing owner being murdered by cops in a riot as not caring about innocent business owners in a riot. That’s you. **** off.

You werent grieving anyone you were delighted if Louisville burns and gave no fcuks who else was affected by it.

Nice touch telling me to **** off,seems your cage is rattled.
    Maybe instead of spending your whole day posting bollix on boards you should have gotten some fresh air today.

• Advertisement

I think America can't be referred to as one nation, it is a divided nation. Some parts of it are integrated, and lots more are not, the parts that are not, probably won't ever be.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,054 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump about to speak

Trump about to speak

He is a little boy, if he is challenged he will insult people and run away, what a complete and utter scumbag, no coincidence that all this has happened with that goon as president

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭sweet_trip

Prove I am or keep your trap shut.
    Okay, you're ITT rallying and raging against the innocent businesses that you can't even put a name or face to. Mostly large corporations like starbucks, many of which were targetted by police themselves instigating violence to make the protestors look bad.

These protests were not started by violent looters. They were started and riled up by violent police.

The small businesses getting looted is sad and wrong. But you cannot seriously claim to even know any of these businesses or value them more than a human unless you want to admit you're void of all morals.

You're more concerned about capital and products than you are about a racist to the core police system and government murdering innocent humans every day across the US.

If you're not able to wrap you're head around that then you're complicit in defending racism.

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Okay, you're ITT rallying and raging against the innocent businesses that you can't even put a name or face to. Mostly large corporations like starbucks, many of which were targetted by police themselves instigating violence to make the protestors look bad.

These protests were not started by violent looters. They were started and riled up by violent police.

The small businesses getting looted is sad and wrong. But you cannot seriously claim to even know any of these businesses or value them more than a human unless you want to admit you're void of all morals.

You're more concerned about capital and products than you are about a racist to the core police system and government murdering innocent humans every day across the US.

If you're not able to wrap you're head around that then you're complicit in defending racism.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You know nothing about me,youre barking up the wrong tree.

• Advertisement

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's okay to admit you're wrong you know.

You werent grieving anyone you were delighted if Louisville burns and gave no fcuks who else was affected by it.

Nice touch telling me to **** off,seems your cage is rattled.
    Maybe instead of spending your whole day posting bollix on boards you should have gotten some fresh air today.

In all seriousness: what is the difference?

I never said I have no ****s who else was affected by it. That is purely your imagination.

Don’t project your lifestyle on to me.

It's okay to admit you're wrong you know.

Wrong about what?
    You jumped in on something and assumed wrong.
    Made a fcuk ton of assumptions about me because of one post and now saying im wrong:pac:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rings familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Military police about to clear protestors in DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trump about to speak

No sign yet. Any links?

Edit: it's on YouTube

https://youtu.be/bmNOT6_GgCs

You can hear explosions in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Don 'Lemin' Inciting violence the last 3 or 4 days actually that news station overall is inciting protests and violence.

Wrong about what?
    Made a fcuk ton of assumptions about me because of one post and now saying im wrong:pac:

Is it an assumption if you're literally saying it?

Wrong about what?

Are you mocking yourself?

In all seriousness: what is the difference?

I never said I have no ****s who else was affected by it. That is purely your imagination.

Don’t project your lifestyle on to me.

"Louisville burns and you wont hear a bad word said about it by me"
    That was the general gist of what you said,so you dont care who else is affected by that statement.

If you had my lifestyle you wouldnt be so bitter and angry.

• Advertisement

Is it an assumption if you're literally saying it?

What did i literally say?
    You saying I support systemic racism,that bullsh1t

Are you mocking yourself?

How do you figure that one out genius?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Close that bloody station down. Hack the f#@&*n station of the air. 'CNM'.. They are inciting violence because of their hatred of Donald Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

This is so surreal. Flash bangs and tear gas outside the White House just as the President about to give a statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

This is so surreal. Flash bangs and tear gas outside the White House just as the President about to give a statement.

All caused by the police. The protest was peaceful till they pushed up and moved them back forcefully.

Plans being made for a military coup . Could be Trump last remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Interesting video here. Cops have a guy on the ground and one of them stretches out the man's arm to put a stick in his hand. Then he pounds the man's hand to "disarm" him. These are the rotten apples that have to be rooted out, and be seen to be rooted out, to try and prevent this happening again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/guqzyg/the_cop_literally_put_that_mans_hand_on_the_stick/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It's nuts isn't it? Like people have the right to protest and all that but fair amount of idiots there all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Waiting for the press conference watching a stream on Youtube and it sounds like a warzone outside the white house. Very audible explosions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement