Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

One thing is for sure.

BLM or another group have to stand up and say to the people who MIGHT be inclined to support the rioters ..WE are doing something ...etc and trump has to engage with the non violent groups. Otherwise the 'thugs ' (and tbh i don't think most of the rioters are thugs) will gain public support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Trump is the American Slobadan Milosevic.

Shooting at the press ....pepper spraying a 9 yr old girl.

Putting kids in cages.

I have also noticed most of the people attacked by police seem to be the elderly or women.

Its one step further to rounding up people around the corner and shooting them.

Next step after that is putting them into a cannon and shooting them into space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

If you cast your mind back a few weeks ago and remember the nodding donkeys behind Trump on the podium during his covid pressers, now we have the same with CNN presenters just nodding afermitivley with their pro protester contributors, they never challenge them, its pathetic. This has been a huge wake up call for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Overheal wrote: »
    .. and you for sure know which of those entities has been fearmongering the longest.

Hint: not CNN. That’s just a fact.

I don't understand the love for CNN. It's a farce.

omerin wrote: »
    If you cast your mind back a few weeks ago and remember the nodding donkeys behind Trump on the podium during his covid pressers, now we have the same with CNN presenters just nodding afermitivley with their pro protester contributors, they never challenge them, its pathetic. This has been a huge wake up call for me.

A journalist with over 130k followers
    I posted this already but cant get over it. Imagine this in Ireland!

https://twitter.com/CheriJacobus/status/1267601611272138752?s=20

• Advertisement

Next step after that is putting them into a cannon and shooting them into space
    No ...its not. Sadly.

Think about everything he has done.

He MUST know at this stage if he is ousted in NOV ...he could face prison. Or some censure. Think about who he is. He is NEVER going to risk that. He would rather risk getting caught cheating than that.

Also everything the police have risked ..shooting the press etc. And everyone has seen. They won't RISK Trump losing. They know what they might face now from the press and Biden.

Its like this is a test to see how far the forces in the states are willing to go to protect Trump. And they are willing to go far. And because of how much they have risked and how far they have already come its almost less risky to help him stay in power.

Then one of his kids after him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

CNN

'' Trump walked over to Church, and took a photo with his group, all white people, and only one woman''

lol

If Pearl Harbor happened today, CNN and Democrat Party would side with Japan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

One thing is for sure.

BLM or another group have to stand up and say to the people who MIGHT be inclined to support the rioters ..WE are doing something ...etc and trump has to engage with the non violent groups. Otherwise the 'thugs ' (and tbh i don't think most of the rioters are thugs) will gain public support.

Im seeing lots of clips on twitter of black people stopping white people from destroying and looting businesses...saw one earlier of a black girl giving bricks back to a group of whites who were handing them out to black males

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,731 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Surprise surprise

Hennepin County SUDDENLY realized, after an independent autopsy which completely contradicts their preliminary findings, that George Floyd DID in fact die from HOMICIDE.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/breaking-hennepin-county-medical-examiner-officially-rules-george-floyds-cause-of-death-a-homicide/

I’m sure all that screed about underlying health issues and ‘potential intoxicants’ was just a someone tripping over the keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Institutional racism in the USA has been around long before Trump and long after hes gone

That's ok so.

USA! USA! MAGA!!!!!

• Advertisement

No. And that’s a vile thing to even say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

And Biden wants them to be shot in the legs.

Weren't you confident that this would be over today (Monday)?

What's your thoughts now? The situation is clearly very out of control. I fear tonight is going to be a bad one over there.

No. And that’s a vile thing to even say.

Hes right and if a Democrat president were in charge fox would do the same.

Both of those networks need to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

dresden8 wrote: »
    That's ok so.

Pretty scummy to support that kind of sh1t but you do you

Hes right and if a Democrat president were in charge fox would do the same.

Both of those networks need to go

No that’s a gross exaggeration even of Fox.

Im seeing lots of clips on twitter of black people stopping white people from destroying and looting businesses...saw one earlier of a black girl giving bricks back to a group of whites who were handing them out to black males
    Yes i am not sure i totally believe in that narrative 100% though.

I am sure it is happening somewhat.

However the thing is. If BLM is not seen to have made progress. Eventually black people will support the more extreme side. Particularly if the police come down hard.

If Trump wanted to end the violence and was smart he would talk to BLM and give them something. But he doesn't want to end it and he isn't smart.

That's what happened in NI.

John Hume had to draw up a similar manifesto to SF and the IRA to take their support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

CNN

'' Trump walked over to Church, and took a photo with his group, all white people, and only one woman''

lol

He's a space cadet. Absolutely clueless and so are his aides with no awareness around optics.

I notice Ivanka has been replaced in a lot of the photo ops by Kayleigh McEnany who sold her soul having previously been a huge Trump critic. Something very off about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86,971 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Surprise surprise

Hennepin County SUDDENLY realized, after an independent autopsy which completely contradicts their preliminary findings, that George Floyd DID in fact die from HOMICIDE.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/breaking-hennepin-county-medical-examiner-officially-rules-george-floyds-cause-of-death-a-homicide/

I’m sure all that screed about underlying health issues and ‘potential intoxicants’ was just a someone tripping over the keyboard.
    A private post-mortem examination ordered by the family of George Floyd found he died of "asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain." The latest findings contradict the preliminary autopsy by Hennepin County, which concluded that there was “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation."

This will make the protestors and rioters more upset now, all 4 cops involved should be arrested and locked up

No that’s a gross exaggeration even of Fox.

I don't know. Tucker Carlson is poison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,314 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

That's just stupid and you know that. Some seriously crappy takes on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,782 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I'm pretty surprised by some of the posts i've seen on here over the past few days...

Even without getting into the vast history of systemic racism in America, there's a fairly simple breakdown of the protests/riots.

There were three different groups on the streets of American cities this week.
    1. Demonstrators against recent grave injustices, and against a long history of racism.
    2. Instigators and racial supremacists who use this scenario as an opportunity to create racially charged riots.
    3. Looters who also use this scenario as an opportunity to commit theft.

It's important to know that these are three distinctly different groups with distinctly different objectives.

The vast majority of people on the streets are in category 1, and if you delve into footage beyond the quick news roundup, there are fantastic peaceful powerful protests running all across the country, and indeed, the world.

In addition, there are differing police responses in different cities. In some, they've been supportive and encouraging of the protests, and have handled things well. In others, like LA and NY, they've actively stoked violent action by firing tear gas and rubber bullets into peaceful, stand-still protests. And when that pushback comes, they go in hard. For just a quick glimpse of many many of these incidents, it's worth taking a look through the @shaunking instagram profile where he's collating quite a few. (The most recent being a 16 year old kid standing still entirely on his own, peacefully, when he's shot in the head, unprovoked. Needed life saving surgery.)

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm pretty surprised by some of the posts i've seen on here over the past few days...

Even without getting into the vast history of systemic racism in America, there's a fairly simple breakdown of the protests/riots.

There were three different groups on the streets of American cities this week.
    1. Demonstrators against recent grave injustices, and against a long history of racism.
    2. Instigators and racial supremacists who use this scenario as an opportunity to create racially charged riots.
    3. Looters who also use this scenario as an opportunity to commit theft.

It's important to know that these are three distinctly different groups with distinctly different objectives.

The vast majority of people on the streets are in category 1, and if you delve into footage beyond the quick news roundup, there are fantastic peaceful powerful protests running all across the country, and indeed, the world.

In addition, there are differing police responses in different cities. In some, they've been supportive and encouraging of the protests, and have handled things well. In others, like LA and NY, they've actively stoked violent action by firing tear gas and rubber bullets into peaceful, stand-still protests. And when that pushback comes, they go in hard. For just a quick glimpse of many many of these incidents, it's worth taking a look through the @shaunking instagram profile where he's collating quite a few. (The most recent being a 16 year old kid standing still entirely on his own, peacefully, when he's shot in the head, unprovoked. Needed life saving surgery.)

I agree.
    Which kind of shows that the police were not helping the first group have a peaceful demo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    In addition, there are differing police responses in different cities. In some, they've been supportive and encouraging of the protests, and have handled things well. In others, like LA and NY, they've actively stoked violent action by firing tear gas and rubber bullets into peaceful, stand-still protests.

The Police response in Minneapolis on the first night was minimal and they burnt the city to the ground and looted anything and everything they could; so your little deflecting and blaming the police is absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Pearl Harbour wouldn't happen today because Trump is probably best buddies with Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito and calling CNN and the Democrats Soviet communist antifa traitors who are undermining America and that the US needs to ally with the Axis Powers to defeat the Soviets and Make America Great Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

This is so surreal. Flash bangs and tear gas outside the White House just as the President about to give a statement.

It is a godsend for Trump.

Pearl Harbour wouldn't happen today because Trump is probably best buddies with Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito and calling CNN and the Democrats Soviet communist antifa traitors who are undermining America and that the US needs to ally with the Axis Powers to defeat the Soviets and Make America Great Again.

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

He will be reelected because of all this.

It's not really . It's a headache. Trump is a business man and president with an election coming up. Its not good for joe Biden either because if he wins he will be under pressure to do something. It's not good for Americans either. More hate and division. Nor is it good for trying to get rid of the coronavirus so people can get back to work.

A man was murdered by police and since then businesses have been lost, people assaulted and a police officer was killed.

This is good for nobody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,782 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    The Police response in Minneapolis on the first night was minimal and they burnt the city to the ground and looted anything and everything they could; so your little deflecting and blaming the police is absolute nonsense.

I don't think you read my post very clearly... Take a look back through what I said with regards groups 1, 2, and 3.

I don't believe in deflecting or absolutes, I believe in trying to understand the nuance of a situation.

The vast majority of people protesting are doing so purely with protest in mind. But of course when you have any massive group of people, particularly gathered as an impromptu un-organised reaction to something spontaneous, you get people taking advantage of chaos. I mean, I presume you've looked at the videos and seen just how many white people were in there amongst it all looting and smashing and stealing, for example. Or the 20-something white girls practically queueing at chipping away on a Louis Vuitton window to get their hands on a nice bag to take home. They weren't there to protest, they don't give a fck about George Floyd, and they don't give a fck about BLM.

Anyway, my point is it's silly to confuse a large group of people together as having one singular aim, or focus. Hell, think of a sports match - 50,000+ people all gathered together, but half of them want a result directly contrary to the other half. (as a very crude simple example).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭rodDaly69

Yea, and I've seen footage of plenty of black guys and gals tearing apart foot locker and target.

That's the thing. We're the same. Every race has d1ckheads. Are there white people using this as an excuse to act the knob & trying to inflame this amongst the black community? Possibly. But don't try and make out that the violence is being stoked wholly or largely by whites. A thieving ba5tard is always gonna take his opportunity be he black, white, yellow or green.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement