Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

You (and others) keep posting this 'photo-op' nonsense to try and undermine everything that Trump has done for the black community as President,

You're right though its not just them its the whole 'resistance media'(which I'm sure they ingest).

Racist isn't a term that's sticked to him in the past, I don't see it working now as much as they try, anything to get a dig in at him really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Can you quote the post here that suggested that all Americans are as you put it reactionary idiots?

Thanks
    Can you quote the post where I said that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

2u2me wrote: »
    You're right though its not just them its the whole 'resistance media'(which I'm sure they ingest).

Racist isn't a term that's sticked to him in the past, I don't see it working now as much as they try, anything to get a dig in at him really.
    Racist is a term that has DEFINITELY stuck to Trump in the past!

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

You (and others) keep posting this 'photo-op' nonsense to try and undermine everything that Trump has done for the black community as President, just so you can keep the narrative going that he hates black people.

Oh, for God's sake, get real. The whole "birther" thing was profoundly racist, and calculated to appeal to racists. He targets Muslims, he targets Hispanics, he says that Nazis chanting antisemitic slogans include "some very fine people". He's completely open about all this. And when he calls for the death penalty for people who have already been shown to have been wrongly convicted, are we remotely surprised to discover that those people are Black?

Debate rages over whether he is the most racist President since Andrew Johnson, or just the most racist President ever. We can disagree about how racist he is, but people arguing that he is not a racist are just nowhere on the spectrum of reality.

He's profoundly racist. Don't insult my intelligence or your own by pretending to think otherwise.

Perhaps among the opinionated progressives that wirte for those types of publications.

I had a gander though and it's hard to address all the charges, but the logic always goes the same "Trump said something bad about black/mexican/asian/disabled/women : therefore racism/sexism"

To me that more illustrates the soft bigotry of low expectations, that somehow criticizing people of other races/ethnicities is not allowed. They should be open to criticism just like everybody else.
    Obviously not criticizing their identity, but for example in the atlantic piece:
    "Trump called for the death of 5 mexicans who turned out to be innocent"
    How exactly does that amount to racism?

But perhaps this is for another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,814 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't know. Tucker Carlson is poison

Carlson pilloried Trump for failure to lead, remarking “This is how nations collapse.”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carlson-invokes-nero-to-decry-trumps-failure-to-lead-this-is-how-nations-collapse/

The speech he gave tonight though was reprehensible and far worse than anything he's done during his presidency. It has directly lead to more deaths and anger. He could have done what he was doing without giving that speech in that tone.

The speech he gave tonight though was reprehensible and far worse than anything he's done during his presidency. It has directly lead to more deaths and anger. He could have done what he was doing without giving that speech in that tone.

The tone was cold, and he emphasized a few words oddly - especially, “Antifa” and “2nd Amendment Rights.”

It reminded me of Krusty in the Simpsons being shamed into writing a cheque:

“And if my banker is watching let nothing STOP you from PAYMENT of this cheque!”

The real kicker though, for most people, was how he had secret service teargas an otherwise peaceful demonstration outside so he could stroll in front of a church for a Hilteresque photo op (you’ll find the meme back a page or few). And the church didn’t know about it and they came out and condemned him using their congregation as a prop as he threatened military force on our streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Overheal wrote: »

Instagram like culture is the most disgusting force in our modern world.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Big shout out to all the " Anti Trumpers " , left wing / right wing anarchists , looter scum , " pedestal celebs / pedestal sport stars " on trying to take advantage of the death of a fellow human being , to advance your own causes / self interests !!

You have all succeeded in getting Trump re- elected !!

Congrats !!

( P.s Anyone know the whereabouts of Nancy and co ? ).

• Advertisement

Lakota medieval helicopter flying low over protestors in DC tonight

https://twitter.com/anabananaaaah/status/1267638416474288130?s=21

Misidentified as a Black Hawk which was seen earlier in the day

https://twitter.com/danielchaitin7/status/1267671548682555393?s=21

The Lakota roughed up the foliage though through sheer downdraft

https://twitter.com/anabananaaaah/status/1267639933486989317?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

So, seems like things are largely getting under control tonight? back to more peaceful protests and not as much looting and fires it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Big shout out to all the " Anti Trumpers " , left wing / right wing anarchists , looter scum , " pedestal celebs / pedestal sport stars " on trying to take advantage of the death of a fellow human being , to advance your own causes / self interests !!

You have all succeeded in getting Trump re- elected !!

Congrats !!

( P.s Anyone know the whereabouts of Nancy and co ? ).
    And a similar shout-out to all those banging on about anti-Trumpers, anarchists, "looter scum", celebs and sports stars in a desperate attempt to avoid discussion of what has actually triggered these protests, which is continuing, entrenched, systemic, violent racism, which peaceful protest has not been effective in having addressed.

I don't defend or justify the riots but, really, as long as society refuses to address the problems that trigger these riots they can't all all butthurt if the riots happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

That's an odd thing to say, of course it's stuck to him. It's why his base loves him and believes in who he is despite the feigned platitudes he throws out now and again. He won just 8 percent of African-American voters in the 2016 election and is still deeply unpopular among that demographic.

I went back several pages and couldn't find it posted yet.

An independent autopsy that was ordered by George Floyd's family find he was killed by "homicide caused by asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain, according to early findings from the examination." (ABC news)

The Hennepin County release says heart disease was an issue; the independent examiner didn't find that.

That first autopsy needs to be investigated, and the coroner as well. Looking like a coverup.

Was just watching an interview of that doctor on fox. He says Floyd was likely dead at the scene, even when he was being moved to the stretcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfQOmBw358U

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Another night of idiotic mayhem across the predominantly Democrat controlled major urban centres of Amerikay.
    To protest the shoddy state of their communities and to protest about among other things the broader police racial profiling of African Americans as violent perps, the protestors have set out to burn down their communities and partake in violent acts.

The idiocy of it all summed up by a female rioter (yes not a protestor) stealing a cheescake.

Im stealing this cheescake to honour the death of George Floyd, to support BLM and to denouce our lawfully elected President.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/video-shows-woman-stealing-cheesecake-amid-protests-riots/Y77AXH57VBFYNAIEOQQBWELKOI/

RIP George Floyd, no man deserves what you endured, I hope the perp gets the book thrown at him.
    also
    RIP to the 10 souls ,African American shot dead on Memorial weekend , in black on black crime in Chicago .
    RIP to the 22 souls, yes 22 people shot dead, African Americans this last weekend, in black on black crime in Chicago .

Chicago , the old stomping ground of St. Obama, the prophet of the loony left, another Democrat stronghold, seems to be working very well.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/6/1/21275944/chicago-weekend-shootings-most-violent-weekend-2020-may-29-june-1

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/memorial-day-weekend-shootings-leave-10-dead-chicago-70882457

And this news bite as well:

An estimated 20,000 New Zealanders marched to show international solidarity against police brutality in the United States.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Another night of idiotic mayhem across the predominantly Democrat controlled major urban centres of Amerikay.
    To protest the shoddy state of their communities and to protest about among other things the broader police racial profiling of African Americans as violent perps, the protestors have set out to burn down their communities and partake in violent acts.

The idiocy of it all summed up by a female rioter (yes not a protestor) stealing a cheescake.

Im stealing this cheescake to honour the death of George Floyd, to support BLM and to denouce our lawfully elected President.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/video-shows-woman-stealing-cheesecake-amid-protests-riots/Y77AXH57VBFYNAIEOQQBWELKOI/

RIP George Floyd, no man deserves what you endured, I hope the perp gets the book thrown at him.
    also
    RIP to the 10 souls ,African American shot dead on Memorial weekend , in black on black crime in Chicago .
    RIP to the 22 souls, yes 22 people shot dead, African Americans this last weekend, in black on black crime in Chicago .

Chicago , the old stomping ground of St. Obama, the prophet of the loony left, another Democrat stronghold, seems to be working very well.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2020/6/1/21275944/chicago-weekend-shootings-most-violent-weekend-2020-may-29-june-1

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/memorial-day-weekend-shootings-leave-10-dead-chicago-70882457

GTFOH. There will always be crime, in every race. Which is also tied to more complicated elements (such as the many impacts of decades of racism, poverty and over policing, etc) But what there SHOULDN'T be is systemic racism and police brutality (disproportionately) terrorising their own people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

When is the next "Black Lives Matter, Irish Lives Don't" protest taking place?

• Advertisement

GazzaL wrote: »
    When is the next "Black Lives Matter, Irish Lives Don't" protest taking place?

Social distancing should have been observed, and it's crazy it wasn't. But the protest happened because racism doesn't stop at the US borders. The effects and reality of that to different degrees with different history's in countries all over the world is why there are supporting protests here and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Stateofyou wrote: »
    I went back several pages and couldn't find it posted yet.

An independent autopsy that was ordered by George Floyd's family find he was killed by "homicide caused by asphyxia due to neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain, according to early findings from the examination." (ABC news)

The Hennepin County release says heart disease was an issue; the independent examiner didn't find that.

That first autopsy needs to be investigated, and the coroner as well. Looking like a coverup.

you forgot to mention 'fentanyl and metamphetamine' were found in his blood work. which are certainly going to be a contributory factor in this mans death.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Anyone ever ask how his victims were after he robbed them armed....

Some crimes he was caught for.

Didn't deserve to die there as he was already detained but unfortunately it did and that officer will pay for that....
    Why he stayed on him as such and for so long is just bizarre.

Why wasn't he just put in the rear of the car.

GTFOH. There will always be crime, in every race. Which is also tied to more complicated elements (such as the many impacts of decades of racism, poverty and over policing, etc) But what there SHOULDN'T be is systemic racism and police brutality (disproportionately) terrorising their own people.

Your ill-informed and higly triggered.

Police leave is generally ALL cancelled on holiday weekends in Chicago, no long weekend with their families for these hard working front line 'To serve and Protect' badge wearers.
    Why , because without them patrolling the streets, it wouldnt be 10 - 20 killed in black on black crime in Chicago every holiday weekend, it would be a multiple of that.

So explain how thats systemic racism and police brutality.

And this news bite as well:

An estimated 20,000 New Zealanders marched to show international solidarity against police brutality in the United States.

but did they steal a cheescake...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

Peregrinus wrote: »
    He says that Nazis chanting antisemitic slogans include "some very fine people".

Repeating the 'fine people' hoax. Literally two sentences later he says "I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally".

Read the interview transcript, and stop repeating and amplifying outright lies.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Nozebleed wrote: »
    you forgot to mention 'fentanyl and metamphetamine' were found in his blood work. which are certainly going to be a contributory factor in this mans death.

I didn't forget to mention anything. First coroner found that there was no asphyxiation. The family hired the best medical examiners in the world, people who reportedly wrote the books on the profession. They found he died by asphyxiation from NECK AND BACK COMPRESSION. Other substances are irrelevant. Quit trying to excuse the inexcusable.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Your ill-informed and higly triggered.

Police leave is generally ALL cancelled on holiday weekends in Chicago, no long weekend with their families for these hard working front line 'To serve and Protect' badge wearers.
    Why , because without them patrolling the streets, it wouldnt be 10 - 20 killed in black on black crime in Chicago every holiday weekend, it would be a multiple of that.

So explain how thats systemic racism and police brutality.

I'm not going to spend my morning teaching you and educating you about systemic racism and police brutality. Spend your own time on that, you obviously have internet and an ability to read what you find. Do your own work. It's also been talked about here already on this thread so read back. I'm not going to waste my time perpetually regurgitating information and doing work that you should be more than capable of doing on your own, if you cared to.

A Twitter account that tweeted a call to violence and claimed to be representing the position of "Antifa" was in fact created by a known white supremacist group, Twitter said Monday. The company removed the account.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/antifa-fake-twitter-account/index.html

• Advertisement

I'm not going to spend my morning teaching you and educating you about systemic racism and police brutality. Spend your own time on that, you obviously have internet and an ability to read what you find. Do your own work. It's also been talked about here already on this thread so read back. I'm not going to waste my time perpetually regurgitating information and doing work that you should be more than capable of doing on your own, if you cared to.

"Work", "education"....smh would you ever give over.

How about you educate yourself on what the word 'systemic' means.

There is no system of racism in the US, there are only people who subjectively decide what is racist and what is not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement