Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

Nozebleed wrote: »
    is it time to change the thread title. which is very inflammatory. given the latest information coming out from the coronor..

its now appears that george floyd died from a heart attack. blood work shows fentaynl,metamphetamine and signs of heart disease. as well as a history of cocaine abuse..these were all contributory factors in his death.

The independent examiner disputes the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Oh, for God's sake, get real. The whole "birther" thing was profoundly racist, and calculated to appeal to racists. He targets Muslims, he targets Hispanics, he says that Nazis chanting antisemitic slogans include "some very fine people". He's completely open about all this. And when he calls for the death penalty for people who have already been shown to have been wrongly convicted, are we remotely surprised to discover that those people are Black?

Debate rages over whether he is the most racist President since Andrew Johnson, or just the most racist President ever. We can disagree about how racist he is, but people arguing that he is not a racist are just nowhere on the spectrum of reality.

He's profoundly racist. Don't insult my intelligence or your own by pretending to think otherwise.
    I think you're missing the fact that the insistence of posters like that on Trumps infallibility and almost God like reverence of him means that they can't accept he is racist in any way, shape or form because of what it would say about them.

Of course the irony they are missing is that doing so just makes them appear racist too.

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Thought so. Anyway, yeah it's more than a bit of an eye opener when you work and live within such diversity. I think part of the issue here and there in the US is people not living or working among any diversity whatsoever and not being exposed to different realities or knowledge. Okay, really I'm out. The garden won't water itself these days. ;)

I also think people who live in diverse and densely populated cities, I think of London for example, are forced to convince themselves that all racial groups behave the same, share the same beliefs in every circumstance. Because the alternative would drive them slightly insane considering they share the same crowded buses, trains etc all day every day .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

George Floyd death homicide, official post-mortem declares.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52886593

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

is it time to change the thread title. which is very inflammatory. given the latest information coming out from the coronor..

its now appears that george floyd died from a heart attack. blood work shows fentaynl,metamphetamine and signs of heart disease. as well as a history of cocaine abuse..these were all contributory factors in his death.
    What part of the thread title is inaccurate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

I also think people who live in diverse and densely populated cities, I think of London for example, are forced to convince themselves that all racial groups behave the same, share the same beliefs in every circumstance. Because the alternative would drive them slightly insane considering they share the same crowded buses, trains etc all day every day .

The bolded sentence means you're a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

I had my suspicions that these riots might be orchestrated, how often do you see the anti Trump mainstream media almost gleefully report violence?
    www.rt.com/usa/490444-bricks-appear-mysteriously-cities-riots/

I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. It only takes a few twitter bots to stoke the flames and you'll get people who want to stick it to the man jumping on board. Also when you approach protests with a heavy hand there is always a backlash. Look at the difference with the armed protesters, protesting the lockdown who were not approached by law enforcement at all. If these people were surrounded by tooled up riot police and had tear gas fired at them the outcome would have been complete carnage.

Nermal wrote: »
    Repeating the 'fine people' hoax. Literally two sentences later he says "I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally".

Read the interview transcript, and stop repeating and amplifying outright lies.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/
    He was at a neo nazi rally, organised by neo nazis, filled with neo nazis, littered with neo Nazi flags, apparel, chants and so on. Where a terrorist attack was committed by a neo nazi.

Replace neo Nazi with ISIS and Trump with Obama and let me know how that would have gone down, or if you would be defending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭threeball

I think you're missing the fact that the insistence of posters like that on Trumps infallibility and almost God like reverence of him means that they can't accept he is racist in any way, shape or form because of what it would say about them.

Of course the irony they are missing is that doing so just makes them appear racist too.

In fairness the vast majority of the people who support Trump are dyed in the wool racists. To have any truck with such a worthless human you really have to have a lot of personal problems and hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

What part of the thread title is inaccurate?[/QUOTE

its becoming clear that there are many contributing factors to this mans death..(obviously the manner of his arrest). but time will show that drug abuse,heart disease will feature heavily if and when a trial starts.

i feel this thread title is very dramatic and is increasing greater levels of emotional outrage instead of more discussion around his death. its not that the thread title is inaccurate. its not accurate enough.

• Advertisement

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Thought so. Anyway, yeah it's more than a bit of an eye opener when you work and live within such diversity. I think part of the issue here and there in the US is people not living or working among any diversity whatsoever and not being exposed to different realities or knowledge. Okay, really I'm out. The garden won't water itself these days. ;)

Good luck with the garden. Such a white people problem lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I had my suspicions that these riots might be orchestrated, how often do you see the anti Trump mainstream media almost gleefully report violence?
    All signs at the moment point to far-right groups doing their best to fan these flames. If there are caches of bricks and other stuff being dropped in cities, that points to funded and connected groups, which is very much the style of the far right.

Twitter suspended an account last night that was purporting to belong to Antifa, when it turned out it was being run by a far right group.

It was being linked to all across far-right and conservatives forums and news sources as proof of how vicious and evil Antifa is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

At least one and possibly 2 police officers have been killed here in vegas tonight. We were doing well at keeping it peaceful. God knows what will happen now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

seamus wrote: »
    All signs at the moment point to far-right groups doing their best to fan these flames. If there are caches of bricks and other stuff being dropped in cities, that points to funded and connected groups, which is very much the style of the far right.

Twitter suspended an account last night that was purporting to belong to Antifa, when it turned out it was being run by a far right group.

It was being linked to all across far-right and conservatives forums and news sources as proof of how vicious and evil Antifa is.

jesus wept. you cant be serious. the far right??? you must be living on a different planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Where is all the outrage when blacks kill white people or Asian or Eskimos????

Seriously I don't get it, we are all human beings and all live by breathing the same air and bleed the same as anyone else....

The most racist people I've ever come across are blacks and I have come across it mainly in work where the racist threats and remarks made by them towards the Irish and myself included is shocking.

Where is the outrage for all the decent and truthful police officers murdered?

All lives matter and this racist bull**** BLM can do one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

What happened to George was not a racist attack. It was a cop who got too big for his boots and the victim, being George m, just happened to have coloured skin and everyone is jumping on the racist card. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

seamus wrote: »

perhaps it was antifa pretending to be far right pretending to be antifa

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

What part of the thread title is inaccurate?[/QUOTE

its becoming clear that there are many contributing factors to this mans death..(obviously the manner of his arrest). but time will show that drug abuse,heart disease will feature heavily if and when a trial starts.

i feel this thread title is very dramatic and is increasing greater levels of emotional outrage instead of more discussion around his death. its not that the thread title is inaccurate. its not accurate enough.

Mr Floyd died from asphyxia (lack of oxygen) due to a compression on his neck and also on his back. It also found the death was a homicide.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    At least one and possibly 2 police officers have been killed here in vegas tonight. We were doing well at keeping it peaceful. God knows what will happen now

More evidence of police brutality no doubt.

Dont worry , when this news crosses the wire the main stream media hacks take their coffee breaks, other than it getting a mention as a statistic of the nights rioting, these deaths wont be broadly discussed, nor will op-eds be written, and this weekend we wont see major articles by the liberal media discussing this.
    When you went through 4 years of college, and surrond yourself in social justice warrier clones , identiy politics echo chamber you lose the ability to write discerning individual perspectives.

Much easier to regurtitate what all your liberal hacks are spweing than actually take a view.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,129 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

A. Gives out about "mainstream media".

B. Links to Putin's propaganda outlet.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Seriously I don't get it, we are all human beings and all live by breathing the same air and bleed the same as anyone else....

The most racist people I've ever come across are blacks and I have come across it mainly in work where the racist threats and remarks made by them towards the Irish and myself included is shocking.

I'm tipping towards this stance myself.

The world has moved on a long time ago from the era of where black people were discriminated against and forced into slavery because of their skin colour. I've had a similar experience to yourself too. Like I turned down a coloured man before and he wasn't happy and he said 'it's because I'm black'. Ah, no, it's because I was happily single and didn't want anyone at the time.

Black people have been accepted in so many different communities and all across the globe. Long gone are the days where they were discriminated against because of their skin colour. Anything bad that happens to a black person is nearly always passed as racism and it more than likely isn't. Like for example a black person being turned down for a mortgage from a bank clerk who's white. It's will be passed off as 'it's because I'm black'.

How can we move on in a positive way with this? Or we will be here forever more with the racist card being dumped upon our backs when something doesn't turn out right for a black person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Exactly...
    We've all seen videos(dash-cam, home security cams, shop cctv whatever)in USA of innocent people including police officers being killed. It's a bloody disgrace what's going on. BLM People including the white ones,are dividing Blacks and Whites. Look at them protesting(being hooligans) on the streets,. their a f#@*&n disgrace Whites and Blacks alike..

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Nice to see Leo being absolutely slaughtered on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

That 'Neus Channel CNM' is still inciting protests which will on most occasions lead to violence.. somebody needs to hack that Channel of the air.

BluePlanet wrote: »
    The bolded sentence means you're a racist.

All racial groups behave the same in every circumstance? I think that is not accurate, feel free to disagree.

My observation is that of all the news footage of looters in america that i've ever seen, some racial groups are vastly overrepresented, some are underrepresented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Doff wrote: »
    Nice to see Leo being absolutely slaughtered on Twitter.

:confused:

Wrong thread, or is that your signature?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm not sure "forced to convince" is the right phrase.

This is very similar to the "MeToo" stuff. On one side you have people who are unaffected by these issues - me and presumably you - who've been privileged enough to be born where and when we were and haven't had to encounter bigotry against us in any real sense.
    We also don't see bigotry against others. We don't hang around with people who assault women, who racially abuse others, who outwardly diplay their bigotry.
    So when black people or women tell us what the reality is, we're a bit incredulous. It feels like they're telling you the world is something entirely different than we think it is.

And in those circumstances it's very easy to think that it can't be a case that you've missed this behaviour. You think it's a small issue, that's why you haven't seen it. Or it occurs in very isolated pockets. Or at the extreme end you assume this is an organised mass gaslighting, and the people claiming bigotry and sexual assault are lying and overblowing the whole thing.

From the perspective of women or black people when you say, "I haven't seen evidence of the things you're saying", you look like a crazy person. This is a daily occurence for them. An ingrained part of how they live their lives. They moderate their behaviour to avoid the abuse. And we're telling them we don't see it. They find that incredulous for the same reason we do; we're telling them the world from our perspective is something else entirely.

It is beholden on the privileged like ourselves to merely look and listen. Watch what's happening, look at the data, understand why people are angry and don't assume you're being blamed.
    On those who suffer from this systemic abuse, they equally need to understand that just because someone may be privileged, doesn't mean they're knowingly propping up the abuse, or even ignoring it. If someone says, "I don't see the things you're talking about", don't presume they're denying they exist or wilfully looking the other way.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

All racial groups behave the same in every circumstance? I think that is not accurate, feel free to disagree.

My observation is that of all the news footage of looters in america that i've ever seen, some racial groups are vastly overrepresented, some are underrepresented.

obviously you didnt go to college and study racism.

If you had your eyes would only see white-supremists looting and all black protestors , yes protestors involved in peaceful song and dance.

I recommend you go back to college and attend a liberal indoctrination. Do it now before it becomes mandatory when the loony left takeover. Any college will do they are all the same sausage factorys, churning out the same expensively educated useful idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Yep some of the biggest nastiest bully’s I’ve ever worked with. There’s also a huge problem with them bullying Irish kids at school. A teacher told me it’s a nightmare, principles terrified to suspend them. They use the race card to get their way. But we can’t talk about that.

• Advertisement

I would love to know what all the people earlier in the thread who insisted they should just protest peacefully and all would be grand, think about them protesting peacefully by a church in Washington last night and getting tear gassed and rubber bullets shot at them so Trump could have a photo op.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement