Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Danzy wrote: »
    Crime is always nearly all male, especially murder, that is world wide.

I'll humour your Lordship, say it across the entire 13.5%, rounded up to 15% to minimize further take your lowest figure, 48%, round that down to 45%.

It's still shocking .
    I never said it wasn't disproportionately high, my point was with you constantly fudging numbers for effect.

Not sure what this 'lordship' stuff is about, other than making you appear upset about being corrected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You know full well the events are connected, I see the backtracking has begun.

how are they connected , was that fella n the video killed ?

are black people allowed to threaten police with out recourse now just because they are black ?

same rules as white people should apply surely

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ElmoLaw

cdeb wrote: »
    Would you ever ****ing stop with that nonsense.

People falling over themselves to blame white people at times and it's ridiculous. And baseless.

There's a strong case to be made that in this case, it's the black community who are perpetuating racism, by the continuing suggestion that the killing of George Floyd was racist, even though there's no evidence that it was.

A white man killing a black man is an awful thing, but to ipso facto suggest it's racist is literally the kind of stuff that perpetuates racism.

you are a moderator too....should you really be "cursing" at forum participants

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Dirty scumbags of the highest order
    Should be shot on sight by the army.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

auspicious wrote: »
    My qualifications would be common sense, sensibility, and cop on.
    The context of the clip was few cops speaking to cheeky teenagers.
    The cop has since been placed on restricted duties until a professional standards assessment of the incident.

so no qualifications then ?

do you have the rest of the video to show that then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Polk County Sheriff tells it like it is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX13News/status/1267539936401592320

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    what do you mean? can you explain? thanks

still waiting for a response Danzy - if you are going to make a point then please explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Read the replies, they're not invading anything.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I think they just want to peacful protest in some strangers kitchen and eat cheesecake, as you do when you want to respect the memory of one man killed by another man.
    We all have felt like that, something bad happens to a stranger and we immediately want to rob a high end luxury brand shop, rob a cheesecake or smash our way into some random'ers living room. Who knows whats going on with this lot. It passed beyond peaceful protest about 20 years ago. Its just be idiotic liberal left identiy politics playing out before our main streame media blinded eyes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

ELM327 wrote: »

If you look at the tweets underneath, the cops were lining people up, tying their hands with plastic zip ties and arresting them for breaking curfew. The homeowner brought them inside, gave them water and shelter and let them stay there. Any escaping into the back alleys were also caught and arrested.

• Advertisement

Read the replies, they're not invading anything.

I'm not on the Twitter machine..

What are they doing?..

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I don't think they're breaking and entering but if they were I don't believe that is a death penalty offence

RIGOLO wrote: »
    I think they just want to peacful protest in some strangers kitchen and eat cheesecake, as you do when you want to respect the memory of one man killed by another man.
    We all have felt like that, something bad happens to a stranger and we immediately want to rob a high end luxury brand shop, rob a cheesecake or smash our way into some random'ers living room. Who knows whats going on with this lot. It passed beyond peaceful protest about 20 years ago. Its just be idiotic liberal left identiy politics playing out before our main streame media blinded eyes.

All of this utter tripe typed for no reason.

The homeowners opened their doors to these people to protect them from the police who had corralled them into that area and were spraying them with tear gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

RIGOLO wrote: »

It looks like a brownstone neighbourhood, real exclusive, lots of young white activist types, it's probably their neighbourhood and they were running from the police.

I'd disagree with the home invasion motive in this video.

Not that there is no shortage of savagery on the streets there currently but these people were going in to houses they know and were welcome in.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Take the rioting to the Hamptons. Put those greedy bastards on edge.

It would have been unfortunate if they had done that:

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1267679018469351425

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Actually, while eyes are on the US, any of you familiar with the types of people John Mitchell and John Kenyon were? Nationalists yup, and racists. You have a GAA club called after Mitchell, and a pub amongst other things in Tipp named after Kenyon.
    If this was the US, they'd probably have to rename themselves. I'd say most people who spend their time gauging the social media outrage dial might not know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

mynamejeff wrote: »
    so no qualifications then ?

do you have the rest of the video to show that then

So nobody in the World without the necessary qualifications should be commenting on the Floyd video?
    It is unfortunate common sense isn't a subject taught in schools.

Granadino wrote: »
    Actually, while eyes are on the US, any of you familiar with the types of people John Mitchell and John Kenyon were? Nationalists yup, and racists. You have a GAA club called after Mitchell, and a pub amongst other things in Tipp named after Kenyon.
    If this was the US, they'd probably have to rename themselves. I'd say most people who spend their time gauging the social media outrage dial might not know this.
    Nelson's Pillar and the statue of Queen Victoria outside Leinster House are two examples of British monuments that were removed post independence.

It would have been unfortunate if they had done that:

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1267679018469351425

It's class privilege, the people opening the doors are very wealthy, they aren't losing out to the looters or having their little shop destroyed, they are the type that have bought the street.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

ElmoLaw wrote: »
    you are a moderator too....should you really be "cursing" at forum participants
    I'm not a moderator in this forum.

I made my point quite clearly. You're free to debate it if you want. Or you can try muddy the waters with irrelevant deflections like the above. Your call.

Granadino wrote: »

Some Antifa types attacked the statue of
    Seán Russell years ago, cut off the head.

The Army made it clear they'd better return it quickly or Daddy's lawyer would be no defense to what happened. Returned immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Nelson's Pillar and the statue of Queen Victoria outside Leinster House are two examples of British monuments that were removed post independence.

So 2 nationalists who were pro slavery is ok? I don't really care either way, but I'd be embarrassed explaining to an American tourist who these people were.

It's class privilege, the people opening the doors are very wealthy, they aren't losing out to the looters or having their little shop destroyed, they are the type that have bought the street.

I can't even make sense of this post. Should they not have opened the doors?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

All of this utter tripe typed for no reason.

The homeowners opened their doors to these people to protect them from the police who had corralled them into that area and were spraying them with tear gas.

What .. thats outrageous.

You mean to say the police were tear gas'ing young people who were simply out for a night of frolics and fun, setting fire to cars, police cruisers and smashing the windows of shops and business fronts.

You meant to tell me some police officers were actually attempting to control a mob of delinquents breaking a curfew and terrorising a neigbourhood.

Things have gotten way out of control

Has the editor of the Irish Times been informed, we need to hold the letters page for this one. Someone needs to notify Michael D. another poem ASAP.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That isn't true.

This is part of the group of peaceful protesters that were attacked outside the White House. People that lived there were letting in because the police had them cornered down a one way street and were firing tear gas, flash bangs, beating them, and arresting them.

Ok fair enough, post deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

They were peaceful protesters not looters. They were the group that were attacked for the Trump attempt to look like a strong man

cdeb wrote: »
    I'm not a moderator in this forum.

I made my point quite clearly. You're free to debate it if you want. Or you can try muddy the waters with irrelevant deflections like the above. Your call.

it would be a good idea to make your points with some composure rather then cursing at people. i would think the boards has some policies of how moderators should interact with forum participants regardless of if you are a moderator of this group or not.

• Advertisement

I can't even make sense of this post. Should they not have opened the doors?

Well, it's largely their kids and friends so probably what we think is immaterial.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement