Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,888 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Overheal wrote: »
    Not what I said at all put your words in someone else’s mouth.

What was your point then?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,796 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

cdeb wrote: »
    In fairness, killing him is hardly the answer

We have people in Ireland who have done 5 separate stints in Ireland, with a history of drug use and a felony for aggravated burglary.

But the gardaí don't kneel on their neck and kill them. It's not that hard to find that sweet zone that doesn't kill the guy.

Exactly.

Dylan Roof killed 9 N** and injures 1 other, in a N** church.

Police apprehend him with kid gloves, he is dressed with a bulletproof vest and given a Burger King meal.

If it can happen for him why can’t every perp in America get a bulletproof vest and a belly of BK?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,682 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Danzy wrote: »
    They'll still be burnt out, an African American business destroyed people like you will go back to the wine bar and talk about systems of oppression in a few weeks time.

Their communities will take years to recover. It's no skin off your nose.

? I'm not sure why you're saying that to me? absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Maybe I'm missing something (and correct me if I am) but how exactly was this a racist attack? A guy was inexcusably killed by police. That's it. His skin colour has nothing to do with it. People have made it into a race issue but if he was a white guy would the same thing now be happening? Sometimes I think the most racist people are those who choose to classify an event as racist.

But maybe I'm missing something. Maybe the cops shouted racist abuse at him first and said they'd kill him because of his skin colour. If that is so then yes, 100% racism.

Maybe they think his Asian wife put him up to it?

Maybe families that own just one and depend on it might depend on it.

That’s why insurance is so wonderful.

I’m not amused with trying to virtue signal about brick and mortal and nickels and dimes over blood and lives. Not amused not impressed.

• Advertisement

Maybe they think his Asian wife put him up to it?

“His Asian wife means he can’t be racist towards N**s”

That’s you.

And do you have any idea how racist Asians are to blacks? Look how they are in China and Japan. Treated like devils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

nullzero wrote: »
    Bloody hell.

That's some bizarre logic, destroy what you like because someone else will pick up the tab.

Biden's campaign and many celebrities have been raising funds to bail out looters. I kid you not. I think this may turn into a civil war.

They'll still be burnt out, an African American business destroyed people like you will go back to the wine bar and talk about systems of oppression in a few weeks time.

Their communities will take years to recover. It's no skin off your nose.

Will George Floyd come back to life in a few years?

Stop this utterly pathetic virtue signaling.

That’s why insurance is so wonderful.

I’m not amused with trying to virtue signal about brick and mortal and nickels and dimes over blood and lives. Not amused not impressed.

Are you trolling now. I thought you were somewhat reasonable but this " let them eat cake" stuff is off.

Are you trolling now. I thought you were somewhat reasonable but this " let them eat cake" stuff is off.

It kind of does seem like he's gone over some edge..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

walshb wrote: »
    You do realize that when there are riots, police have to act, and nearly always during riots, there are times where decent people will get hurt. They are war zones, for chrissake. It's anarchy and insurrection that they are dealing with....not some sing along protests.

The mobs created these riots, not the police. The police need to shut it down......and to do so, they absolutely need to use whatever resources are available....

So, you can point out all these examples of what you believe are bystanders getting hurt or pensioners getting hurt.....

What are these people doing in the middle of this mayhem? Ever think that?

Onus has to be on persons as well....you are in the cops way during a riot, don't expect the cops to be pull you aside to interview you....

Carlsberg don't do police controlled riots...

Many times there isn't any mayhem or riot, the cops are just deciding to assault peaceful protesters to 'dominate' like dear leader has demanded.

There are hundreds if not thousands of examples out there but here are 3 from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1267606149601398786?s=20

https://twitter.com/weslyinfinity/status/1267321172309544960?s=20

https://twitter.com/liveinochi/status/1267504585926557696?s=20

2u2me wrote: »
    Biden's campaign and many celebrities have been raising funds to bail out looters. I kid you not. I think this may turn into a civil war.

Because of bail money? Not likely.

Don’t fail to mention DAs and prosecutors are simply throwing out charges against detainees, half of the charges are bogus anyway. I just watched them arrest store owners defending their business from looters. Arrested as rioters. If you think the cops are thinking clearly here they aren’t.

“Won’t someone PLEASE THINK OF THE MORTAR”

Seems like you're going from strength to strength here.

First just blunt force arguing.
    Then mockery.
    Then faux-outrage.
    Then trying to make it personal.
    And now the grand finale of gaslighting.

You don't seem to have any consistency on the actual point you're trying to make, other than "antagonist".

Will George Floyd come back to life in a few years?

Stop this utterly pathetic virtue signaling.

No, he is dead, didn't you watch the video?

So black and Asian businesses have to burn all across America so you can feel justice is served.

You are happy to have it happen over that side of the train tracks, in your riding to the rescue for justice.

It's not your corporate Starbucks that is the common target, it's their business, their livelihood.

Your too insulated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

That’s like saying the jailer opened all the cells and it’s not his fault the inmates walked out.

Minneapolis police on the stroke of curfew abandoned the streets. They deliberately fed the conditions for looters and opportunists.

so its the polices fault that there was looting and murders because they didn't act firmly and drive theses people off the streets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Just some thoughts as some mad reading and videos on Twitter currently.

I haven't read one suggestion from anyone in relation to how government officials should get control of the rioting, the looting and the violence?

Isn't the cop being trialed for murder? Haven't the police rightfully spoken out on the racial issues?

Generally however people are obssesed with creating a side and picking it. Scream out loud. Wreck the place and cry wolf on the internet. The media fuel this nonsense.
    Nobody level headed brought into discussions and debates. It seems it's always about picking the extreme views.

There are some peaceful protests and that's great but from what I'm seeing it's an excuse to rob and steal for an awful lot of people in America. So much disorder.

Then the celebs telling everyone how they should live their lives as they sit in their fortress mansions.

The internet age in a nutshell.

A massive reason for both the extended protests, the worldwide participation in them and the escalating violence is because of the leadership, or lack of any positive leadership, by ironically, a celebrity who has found himself as President.

A number of governors on the call with Trump yesterday gave guidance on how to stop all of this, they said they are communicating closely with civic leaders including church groups and that that is helping keep things calm.

Trump told people who aren't using enough force that they are looking like jerks. People aren't going to stop protesting excessive and prejudiced violence though what they perceive as further excessive and prejudiced violence.

It is what your type have been asking minorities to eat for generations. You'll always come up with a reason for why they shouldnt be heard.

No, he is dead, didn't you watch the video?

So black and Asian businesses have to burn all across America so you can feel justice is served.

You are happy to have it happen over that side of the train tracks, in your riding to the rescue for justice.

It's not your corporate Starbucks that is the common target, it's their business, their livelihood.

Your too insulated.
    You don’t know who I am and it shows.

All I’ve said is I’m tired of you virtue signaling that property damage is the most heinous thing to happen this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Odhinn wrote: »
    .......in handcuffs behind his back, lying face forward, surrounded by 4 cops.

Correction, underneath 4 cops. For 9 minutes. They were just doing their job though. Nothing to see here. Independent autopsy results should be ignored and the cop was only charged with murder due to some technicality or some other BS excuse.

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    so its the polices fault that there was looting and murders because they didn't act firmly and drive theses people off the streets ?

From what I saw first hand they terribly managed their resources. They had an army of officers dressed for war surrounding a peaceful demonstration and didn't have enough police in areas where looting happened.

How many murders have there been during the protests? I think the police have a much higher body count at this point, not even taking into account all the people they hurt

It kind of does seem like he's gone over some edge..

I'm guessing academia or multi national job, completely cut off from what is happening in the community these riots are taking place, might drive to protest some evenings as saviour.

They can collect insurances he says, cold rich kid happy to see others fall for his battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm guessing academia or multi national job, completely cut off from what is happening in the community these riots are taking place, might drive to protest some evenings as saviour.

They can collect insurances he says, cold rich kid happy to see others fall for his battle.

What's your experience of being in the depths of the communities in which the riots are being held?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Because of bail money? Not likely.

It surely doesn't help and is probably as bad if not worse at stoking the situation then Trump's speech last night.

Only encourages more violence, more anger, more destruction and ultimately more death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

It can be fairly obvious to spot the overzealous psychopaths amongst us.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/igflreandooiw/status/1267527246425751555
    Less of those please
    and more of these
    https://mobile.twitter.com/upcoprahul/status/1267764034507595776

Foxtrol wrote: »
    It is what your type have been asking minorities to eat for generations. You'll always come up with a reason for why they shouldnt be heard.

I'll disagree with you on things, agree on others but if it makes me a racist to say I have a problem with black business after black business being burnt out and that saying they can collect insurance instigated then fine.

It's a sacrifice Overheal seems comfortable with but it's never for people like them higher up the ladder.

****ing nuts that I'm challenged for calling out the burning of black and Asian businesses.

auspicious wrote: »
    It can be fairly obvious to spot the overzealous psychopaths amongst us.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/igflreandooiw/status/1267527246425751555
    Less of those please
    and more of these
    https://mobile.twitter.com/upcoprahul/status/1267764034507595776

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Many times there isn't any mayhem or riot, the cops are just deciding to assault peaceful protesters to 'dominate' like dear leader has demanded.

There are hundreds if not thousands of examples out there but here are 3 from yesterday.

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1267606149601398786?s=20

https://twitter.com/weslyinfinity/status/1267321172309544960?s=20

https://twitter.com/liveinochi/status/1267504585926557696?s=20

"Things you did not see police attempting at the anti lockdown protests" exhibits number 738, 739 and 740.

Can't argue the point so you try to argue a strangers invented-background?

Fella, I'd say with posts like these you just give a better impression of who you are than who they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

A massive reason for both the extended protests, the worldwide participation in them and the escalating violence is because of the leadership, or lack of any positive leadership, by ironically, a celebrity who has found himself as President.

A number of governors on the call with Trump yesterday gave guidance on how to stop all of this, they said they are communicating closely with civic leaders including church groups and that that is helping keep things calm.

Trump told people who aren't using enough force that they are looking like jerks. People aren't going to stop protesting excessive and prejudiced violence though what they perceive as further excessive and prejudiced violence.

First Trump hides in his bunker and turns out the lights like a 5 year old hiding under the covers from the bogey man.

Then he talks tough on Twitter

Then talks tough on the telephone.

Finally he sends his goons out to tear gas and baton charge innocent people protesting peacefully so he can get a picture of himself.

Think about that for a moment, there are still people on these threads defending this man child.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement