Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Overheal wrote: »
    I’ve been watching for hours I haven’t seen looting. I haven’t seen any political demands predicated on threats of acts of violence either.

Domestic terrorism is usually things like when someone goes into a Walmart and kills 23 people because he wants Latinos out of his country. Or when a lad firebombed an ICE facility because he was incensed about their deportation antics. Or when a man sent bombs to the media to scare them out of criticizing Trump. Or when you use your car to plow into a crowd of protestors to scare them out of protesting to begin with. That’s terrorism.

During the day it has been mainly peaceful, not completely but mainly....

At night it's been very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’ve been watching for hours I haven’t seen looting. I haven’t seen any political demands predicated on threats of acts of violence either.

Domestic terrorism is usually things like when someone goes into a Walmart and kills 23 people because he wants Latinos out of his country. Or when a lad firebombed an ICE facility because he was incensed about their deportation antics. Or when a man sent bombs to the media to scare them out of criticizing Trump. Or when you use your car to plow into a crowd of protestors to scare them out of protesting to begin with. That’s terrorism.

So you haven't seen any looting?

Incredible how you managed to go almost a week without seeing the news.

Oh and from that post it's only domestic terrorism if a white man does it.

Why do you hate yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump was right at the very start, he knows exactly what BLM and Antifa are.

When the looting starts the shooting starts.

The media picked this up as "kill black people"...

There are white and black animals running amok right now, get serious, send in people to deal with it.

Why isn’t Trumps threat terrorism but peaceful protests are terrorism? Doesn’t make much sense

I didn’t see your other thread you said you were putting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ah yeah it's Trumps fault.

There it is, good lad.

Look, my highlighting the Donald’s shortcomings is the least of his problems, he didn’t have his knee on that mans neck, but subsequent violence can be directly apportioned to mr T, and we haven’t seen anything yet - I’m just happy there’s an ocean keeping us out of harms way at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

So much white guilt on display in this thread. For Irish people to have white guilt is baffling.

I'm Irish but I've lived in states for nearly a decade.

What you call white guilt for many is simply being educated on the subject rather than talking out of their arse.

I'm sure those here talking down the race issue in the States would be the first to lose their minds if an American talked down the actions of the British against the Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

begbysback wrote: »
    Gotta hand it to the Donald, just when you thought nothing could distract a nation from a once in a lifetime pandemic, the man manages to sail the ship straight into an iceberg.

Trump is not a dictator, the Governors of individual states are responsible for law and order.

From wikipedia.

Also from wikipedia.

race.png

Still waiting for what link that has to racial profiling of black people being profiled for driving cars.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Totally agree, but there is a disproportionate tilt towards Africa American's...

Also looking at the criminal records, a bag of weed will likely get a young black lad a record...will that happen with a white genuine question?

I do feel the issues of racism within law enforcement is a major problem in States...here in Ireland I don't see it as being much of an issue

Yeah I genuinely don't know if a minority would get a record and a white person wouldn't. I'm agreeing with you for the most part though. Yes, there is a definite problem in law enforcement but I think there's huge problems with it in general. It needs complete reform imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

It does seem very cult like, just some short clips.

Reminds me of what happened at Evergreen with Brett Weinstein, when the college was taken over because a professor was allegedly racist(Turns out he wasn't in fact he fought racism for decades).

They were bending over backwards to do anything they could to appease the rioters instead of standing up and saying no to the bull****.

• Advertisement

During the day it has been mainly peaceful, not completely but mainly....

At night it's been very different.

But the day is where I see BLM and others marching. And they aren’t threatening Americans with murder and violence and acts of terror. I don’t see any terrorism there.

Folks at night I see stupid people doing stupid things but nobody there is telling the nation they will so more until their demands are met etc. they are just smashing glass and stealing LEGO and Starbucks and Gucci and acting the fool.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Still waiting for what link that has to racial profiling of black people being profiled for driving cars.

It was discussed in sevaral posts. Let me google "racial profiling of black people being profiled for driving cars" and I'll get back to you.

I'm not falling for this sh1te and I have nothing to be sorry for or apologize for or feel I should have to bow down to anyone for something others done.....

Bizarre.

What's happening is a full on attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Jake1 wrote: »
    My head is reeling from seeing those videos of grown men and women practically fcuking bowing on front of BLM reps, or kissing the boots of the Black Isralites.

what kind of a man or women could live with themselves, knowing they bowed before another human being, in some sort of sick ritual , looking for forgiveness for something they didnt even do???

:confused:

"If you're not an ally you're a part of the problem." Kind of thinking leads to this. They are scared of the mob.

That’s rare.

Our own unelected and ousted leader said the same on twitter today.

That’s rare.

Whats rare, obviously I think the premise is bullsh1t

But the day is where I see BLM and others marching. And they aren’t threatening Americans with murder and violence and acts of terror. I don’t see any terrorism there.

Folks at night I see stupid people doing stupid things but nobody there is telling the nation they will so more until their demands are met etc. they are just smashing glass and stealing LEGO and Starbucks and Gucci and acting the fool.

They were looting during the day also....

You do realise it's a lot of the same people just at night it gives them better cover....

I certainly hope you finish school as you're really not getting it at all are you....

Education is key.

2u2me wrote: »
    Reminds me of what happened at Evergreen with Brett Weinstein, when the college was taken over because a professor was allegedly racist(Turns out he wasn't in fact he fought racism for decades).

They were bending over backwards to do anything they could to appease the rioters instead of standing up and saying no to the bull****.

This is actually what it was kind of reminding me of too..

Weaponised thought drifting into oppression by people too stupid to know what they are doing..It's a f*cking dangerous development..

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    This generation of Irish people seems to have forgotten how much our ancestors were dehumanised and abused and for how long that treatment lasted. You only have to look over the border to see a vast community of people who still believe many of the vile things that were attributed to Irish people in the past.

I cannot stand any sort of discrimination, but some of the opinions people have in relation to issues of this type are incredibly reductive to the point of being grossly ill informed.

I don't think it has been forgotten, each generation of Irish folk can list off every wrong ever committed on the Irish and to this day many still throw a hissy fit when the media in the UK describe an Irish person as British.

It is instead a complete lack of empathy and pure selfishness. It usually falls into one of three buckets - 'It doesn't impact me so I don't care', 'I can't relate to it so I don't care', 'What are you complaining about, someone did something to me or the Irish before and we're grand'

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Totally agree, but there is a disproportionate tilt towards Africa American's...

Also looking at the criminal records, a bag of weed will likely get a young black lad a record...will that happen with a white genuine question?

I do feel the issues of racism within law enforcement is a major problem in States...here in Ireland I don't see it as being much of an issue

You see fewer per capita white convictions for marijuana offenses even though whites and blacks use marijuana at the same rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭Homelander

"White supremacy is a lethal public health issue that predates and contributes to COVID-19"

I sincerely doubt this is the general view endorsed by those in the medical field.

It'd be a fraction more credible if it said "Racism", but "White supremacy"?

They were looting during the day also....

You do realise it's a lot of the same people just at night it gives them better cover....

I certainly hope you finish school as you're really not getting it at all are you....

Education is key.

He's educated alright, he fell down the soy drinking youtube wormhole a long time ago this lad.

ECHO...ECHO...ECHO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Yeah I genuinely don't know if a minority would get a record and a white person wouldn't. I'm agreeing with you for the most part though. Yes, there is a definite problem in law enforcement but I think there's huge problems with it in general. It needs complete reform imo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/opinion/high-time-the-injustice-of-marijuana-arrests.amp.html

Just an article about the disproportionate arrests by states, and the ridiculous sentences for holding small bags of weed. So white, more black tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Disappointing to see CNN wanting anarchy . They are as bad as Fox

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Disappointing to see CNN wanting anarchy . They are as bad as Fox

CNN are disgraceful..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I'm Irish but I've lived in states for nearly a decade.

What you call white guilt for many is simply being educated on the subject rather than talking out of their arse.

I'm sure those here talking down the race issue in the States would be the first to lose their minds if an American talked down the actions of the British against the Irish.

If I disagree with acts carried out by the IRA is that Irish guilt.
    When the Queen of England laid a wreath to honour dead Republicans was that British guilt.
    If a white American accepts that segregation for example was wrong that is not white guilt.
    White guilt is just a stupid term. I'm white I don't feel the slightest bit guilty for injustices that are not my fault. That doesn't mean I can't acknowledge injustices as I see them.
    You don't have to agree with my opinion that is fine but to dismiss as "white guilt" is just a lazy argument.

• Advertisement

Whats rare, obviously I think the premise is bullsh1t

You don’t normally see it? Very uncommon. Therefore rare.

Hard position for medical officials. They don’t want to have the finger pointed at them: you know if they made officially weighted statements about these protests being a bad idea because of Covid, Trump would use that to push for immediate crackdown. Frankly it would backfire, more people would protest. I mean I get why people worried about Covid feel these demonstrations are more important. Can’t not. It is unusual for medical officials to not be purely objective but probing them about it in the first place is already politically loaded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement