Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I don't think it has been forgotten, each generation of Irish folk can list off every wrong ever committed on the Irish and to this day many still throw a hissy fit when the media in the UK describe an Irish person as British.

It is instead a complete lack of empathy and pure selfishness. It usually falls into one of three buckets - 'It doesn't impact me so I don't care', 'I can't relate to it so I don't care', 'What are you complaining about, someone did something to me or the Irish before and we're grand'

But sure those in new Zealand hate been called Australian

• Registered Users Posts: 82,772 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Homelander wrote: »
    "White supremacy is a lethal public health issue that predates and contributes to COVID-19"

I sincerely doubt this is the general view endorsed by those in the medical field.

It'd be a fraction more credible if it said "Racism", but "White supremacy"?

Expect a conversation about this more in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I'm Irish but I've lived in states for nearly a decade.

What you call white guilt for many is simply being educated on the subject rather than talking out of their arse.

I'm sure those here talking down the race issue in the States would be the first to lose their minds if an American talked down the actions of the British against the Irish.

and if an american came over and lived in the UK for 10 years, should he be apologising for the famine?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Disappointing to see CNN wanting anarchy . They are as bad as Fox

Change the channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Overheal wrote: »
    I’ve been watching for hours I haven’t seen looting. I haven’t seen any political demands predicated on threats of acts of violence either.

You haven’t seen any looting? You mean today? Or at all ???
    If the US government were to put a program in place tonight to meet the protestors demands then what would that program consist of. What exactly do they want.

• Advertisement

Terrible! Find them all prosecute them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Change the channel?

I think you need a break from this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Trump is not a dictator, the Governors of individual states are responsible for law and order.

The Donald is in a position of authority, his actions and words are amplified by his position. Now I’d consider myself a reasonably intelligent man, and this allows me to rationally assess the situation when mr T speaks, or acts. The man is a ticking time bomb, and is one faux pas away from starting a civil war.

Sure, at this stage Vladimir Putin would be well within his rights to condemn the Donald for repression of free speech amongst US citizens.

and if an american came over and lived in the UK for 10 years, should he be apologising for the famine?

I lived there for 7~8 years and I make no apologies about the famine.

I do feel badly about how Britain treated the Irish and about the painful and bloody integration in the US of migrants and refugees.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

RIP Captain David Dorn

77 year old retired St. Louis Police Captain, shot dead by looters trying to steal TV's

His black life didn't matter.

Graphic video online.

These riots have nothing to do with George Floyd's death.

This is absolutely disgraceful and disgusting.....

This and the other beatings and deaths should be all that's discussed and shown for what this movement is all about.

Lives are both taken and families destroyed.

I've yet to hear one person say ah that lad deserved it but by God it's not a free ticket to go out and let anything go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Not quite the Gucci and Starbucks looting you excused earlier is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

He ain’t dead, not even in hospital apparently, giving interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Change the channel?

why?

splinter65 wrote: »
    You haven’t seen any looting? You mean today? Or at all ???
    If the US government were to put a program in place tonight to meet the protestors demands then what would that program consist of. What exactly do they want.

Today on the ABC hollywood feed.

They want police reforms. They want justice system reforms. They want awareness about bias in policing.

Trump hasn’t announced any reviews or proposed legislation or action besides cracking down on protestors and telling them to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

statesaver wrote: »

These riots have nothing to do with George Floyd's death.

This 1000 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭quokula

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Pretty scummy to support that kind of sh1t but you do you

Also completely untrue.

He’s not a shop owner, he’s not dead, and he was the aggressor having attacked people with a machete before being disarmed.

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Not quite the Gucci and Starbucks looting you excused earlier is it?

No ****. Someone is dead it’s not brick or mortar. A point I have been very clear about all along. But you already know that. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

They want police reforms. They want justice system reforms. They want awareness about bias in policing.

Trump hasn’t announced any reviews or proposed legislation or action besides cracking down on protestors and telling them to go home.

LOL!! What's he supposed to do? Give into the demands of a bunch of animals going around burning everything, looting and killing innocents?

Absolutely incredible political views you have.

• Advertisement

One thing we actually agree on I see.....

It's absolutely vile, disgusting and you wouldn't wish that pain, fear and death on anyone.... Well I'd name a few but I'd be banned....

Do you expect him to have decided on policy in a few days during a riot?

why?

Because he doesn’t like what CNN is saying.

Because they are driven by viewership and ratings.

Thanks for the question. Happy to answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

I lived there for 7~8 years and I make no apologies about the famine.

I do feel badly about how Britain treated the Irish and about the painful and bloody integration in the US of migrants and refugees.

Well apologising about the past is a fools game. Maybe Amercians could put their profound guilt about the past, and minor injustices within the US to better use and stop invading the world, imposing blockades on other countries for instance, with the deliberate intention of starving them out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famine_in_Yemen_(2016%E2%80%93present)

The entire US could take a knee.

quokula wrote: »
    Also completely untrue.

He’s not a shop owner, he’s not dead, and he was the aggressor having attacked people with a machete before being disarmed.

I see. Thanks for clarifying

This is an arrogant white woman abusing black men, supposedly in the name of George Floyd

LOL!! What's he supposed to do? Give into the demands of a bunch of animals going around burning everything, looting and killing innocents?

Absolutely incredible political views you have.

You’re not here for a civil discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Because he doesn’t like what CNN is saying.

Because they are driven by viewership and ratings.

Thanks for the question. Happy to answer.

how do you know he doesn't like what cnn is saying

Do you expect him to have decided on policy in a few days during a riot?

Did you see Bidens speech? Democrats are already drafting reform bills. Policing standards and a chokehold ban. Not rocket surgery

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

No ****. Someone is dead it’s not brick or mortar. A point I have been very clear about all along. But you already know that. Cop on.

cop on?
    Says the man posting non stop:D
    Its ok hes got insurance isnt much help if youre fcuking dead now is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement