Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Cupatae wrote: »
    So it's an issue with law enforcement is what it boils down to lack of accountability for officers that kill , why don't they change that then, more stringent rules and complaints taken more seriously

They have. Again and again, it hasn't stopped the likes of what happened to George Floyd.
    The annoying thing about this is all live matter just black lives matter more apparently, where's the riots and protest for the whites and the Latins ECT that have been murdered by police ?

That's a tired old argument and has no bearing on whats happening here.
    The double standards and blaming everything on white people will always be the down fall of these protests no matter how much they will it the majority of white people aren't racist and don't want to keep black people down.

They are blaming 4 cops who killed a man and the institutions who allowed it to happen again, not white people in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Overheal wrote: »
    Obama Derangement Syndrome.

No , no Syndrome here . Just sick of people crawling out from under their stones and mouthing off and using the death of a person to score points .

Especially worse when they could have done something , while holding the office of President .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah, you are actually just trolling, are you?..

Mod: Don't post here again - backseat modding.

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Gotta love Obama posting on Twitter / Facebook , commenting on current issues .

Have people already forgotten he was President of the United States for 8 years ( yes , 8 years !! ) .

And what did he do for African Americans in his 8 years of office ?

Why is racism such an issue , when he had 8 YEARS to do something about it ?

What a two faced p**** of s*** he is .

How would you solve racism in 8 years with your hands tied by your own government due to party politics? Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The annoying thing about this is all live matter just black lives matter more apparently, where's the riots and protest for the whites and the Latins ECT that have been murdered by police ?

What black lives matter are advocating for would help people of all races.

All lives matter just shows how insecure people are.

This might help to see what you look like:

https://twitter.com/TDLockett12/status/1266876991376105472?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    No , no Syndrome here . Just sick of people crawling out from under their stones and mouthing off and using the death of a person to score points .

Especially worse when they could have done something , while holding the office of President .

He very much did a lot of things. Body cameras, being a prime example.

If you were actually interested in someone explaining what all it was I might humor you.

How would you solve racism in 8 years with your hands tied by your own government due to party politics? Go.

Also this. Both chambers controlled by Republicans for 6/8 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Pure anadulterated whatabouterry at it's finest.

If Obama's hands were tied then so are Trumps that's no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

He had his chance , and blew it . Now he has the neck to jump center stage and be critical of others .

He's just like all the other members of the bandwagon group . Exploiting the death of a person , to their own ends .

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »

I never said I thought Trump should have solved racism. Which makes your post whataboutery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

English police assaulted in London during a black lives march.

Disgusting to see. Reeks of millenials trying to think their "down with the cause" by attacking police like their American counterparts.

Trump enjoyed full control of Congress for 2/3 years. And Democrats WANT to work on police reform. Are even today introducing legislation to ban chokeholds. So I’m not sure what you think you are getting at.

Trump enjoyed full control of Congress for 2/3 years. And Democrats WANT to work on police reform. Are even today introducing legislation to ban chokeholds. So I’m not sure what you think you are getting at.

Everyone wants to work at police reform. Except the police.

Everyone wants to work at police reform. Except the police.

And Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

And Trump.

Maybe wait to see if a Bill makes it through Congress before judging that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Trump now says he wasn’t rushed to the WH bunker, he was merely there for an inspection... “2 to 3 times”

What a comedian

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-tells-foxs-kilmeade-he-wasnt-rushed-to-bunker-by-secret-service-was-just-there-for-inspection/

Fact check confirms the claim of Trump being evacuated to the bunker as FALSE by independent fact-checkers.

See examples of the false information spread here and here

An illegitimate tweet that was not sent form the President's account. The archives of Politwoops (ProPublica) also confirm that the tweet has not been deleted from his page. Here

Fake news.

Reuters source.

Ronaldinho wrote: »

He’s already said it. He loves what he saw over the weekend. As news flooded in about the NYPD plowing into protesters with SUVs he tweeted heaping praise at them.

Then there’s this

https://www.businessinsider.com/irresponsible-unprofessional-nypd-slams-trump-comments-urging-police-not-to-be-too-nice-to-suspects-2017-7

And there’s the comments highlighted several posts ago about how his support for police is “unbound” - which happened to be a rally largely comprising of the Minnesota police union that was responsible for Floyd’s homicide

Foxtrol wrote: »
    There is no one easy fix for these problems so there is no point in really looking at them individually.

That seems to be the lazy narrative of the media while at the same time advocating for violence and unrest.

Racism rolls off the tongue far easier.

I think a few agreed the police unions were 'the problem' a few pages back, so why is it that these police unions oppose police reform?

Fact check confirms the claim of Trump being evacuated to the bunker as FALSE by independent fact-checkers.

See examples of the false information spread here and here

An illegitimate tweet that was not sent form the President's account. The archives of Politwoops (ProPublica) also confirm that the tweet has not been deleted from his page. Here

Fake news.

Reuters source.

As your examples you point to a 404 and a Trump statement, a man who has lied 19,000 times in office.

I’m not sure how you think any of this disproves he wasn’t in the bunker.

Trump even admits to being there.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-tells-foxs-kilmeade-he-wasnt-rushed-to-bunker-by-secret-service-was-just-there-for-inspection/

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho wrote: »

No we don't, Trump has already removed everything Obama put in place during his time to curb police violence.

If you don't believe me, here is the president of the police union in the area where the murder was committed. Seems like the police have really relished how Trump has loosened the oversight.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1268158743251808256?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Trump enjoyed full control of Congress for 2/3 years. And Democrats WANT to work on police reform.

In all fairness for the first two years he didn't have the full support of his own party. It wasn't until the mid terms in 2018 that they started to fully get behind him, by then it was too late with the house lost. Republican party messed up with so much in fighting early on, with a President most of the party didn't want.

Democrats talk a lot of stuff and pass a lot of bills through the House they know will never get through the Senate. They never bothered with prison reform, again something they talked about in build up to elections but it got through under Trump. I have no reason to believe the will actually pass any police bills if they had both chambers again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

So it's an issue with law enforcement is what it boils down to lack of accountability for officers that kill , why don't they change that then, more stringent rules and complaints taken more seriously,

The double standards and blaming everything on white people will always be the down fall of these protests no matter how much they will it the majority of white people aren't racist and don't want to keep black people down.

I don't read the situation as blaming white people. There are people of all races on the protests.
    It is blaming a policing system that disproportionately affects black people. Some here will say that it is black people fault themselves. I don't accept that argument, but that is their opinion.
    However I really don't get the idea that it is about blaming all white people or people feeling white guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

Have a look online for David Dorn .... look at the full video and you’ll see the effect of “peaceful protesters”.

That seems to be the lazy narrative of the media while at the same time advocating for violence and unrest.

Racism rolls off the tongue far easier.

I think a few agreed the police unions were 'the problem' a few pages back, so why is it that these police unions oppose police reform?

It is fairly obvious, the unions are corrupt and they know many of their members would be in jail if they were held accountable for their crimes.

vladmydad wrote: »
    Have a look online for David Dorn .... look at the full video and you’ll see the effect of “peaceful protesters”.

I didn't see anyone protesting in that video.

Can you not separate in your head the difference between peaceful protesters and those out for violence?

This talking point that police “disproportionately” targets black people. They are 13% of the population but commit 39% of crime and 51% of murders. Therefore they’re much more likely to encounter the police.

It is fairly obvious, the unions are corrupt and they know many of their members would be in jail if they were held accountable for their crimes.

Well that may be true, although it does sound more like a theory of yours or perhaps someone you heard it off.

Why do the Unions say they oppose police reform? Do you know?

Police unions overwhelmingly donate to the Democrats

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

What black lives matter are advocating for would help people of all races.

All lives matter just shows how insecure people are.

This might help to see what you look like:

https://twitter.com/TDLockett12/status/1266876991376105472?s=20

This is what BLM have enabled to happen..

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3029186123829162&id=153657598048710&comment_id=255369372458114&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1591206405143540&ref=m_notif

Get comfortable with the truth this is what black people are doing right now.

They aren't being condemned by BLM ,

That's the real truth there that's what's actually happening. Notice it's white people being beaten and attacked I'm sorry but the more I see if these riots the more it highlights how RACIST black people are. I know it's never talk about and glossed over but it's in ur face now.

The hollow words of BLM will be of little comfort to the people savagely attacked in that vid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement