Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Reports of the charge being upped to 1st degree murder..

Oooh Chauvin's cheerleaders here will be disgusted.

Seems legally you cant murder a black person after all. Outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hundreds of looting videos online, no denying it the vast majority are black and Hispanic, the message of BLM is lost in all this carnage.
    I can see how white America turns to Trump when they see this sort of crap on their tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

https://youtu.be/tRdc2kEQ1is

I keep hearing it's not about black vs white people but listen to the speeches listen to the words , you can't even be impartial if you aren't with them your a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Overheal wrote: »
    Major resistance from the police unions.

There's always major resistance from some groups / individuals when there's a black man in charge .

When there's a " white guy " in charge , it's either he's racist or is incompetent .

Gotta love the excuses/ covering up from some quarters .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cupatae wrote: »
    As far as I can see BLM is organised racism , it's fear mongering ? It's video footage of groups of black people viciously attacking white people I don't doubt you don't want to watch it , it'd shatter your clean image perception of BLM , hang on I've another vid for u where you can hear it from the horses mouth.

https://youtu.be/tRdc2kEQ1is

That doesn't appear to be a video of what you described in bold. What I see there is a woman that is incredibly upset that a man was killed on video and at the time was walking free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

As your examples you point to a 404 and a Trump statement, a man who has lied 19,000 times in office.

I’m not sure how you think any of this disproves he wasn’t in the bunker.

Trump even admits to being there.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-tells-foxs-kilmeade-he-wasnt-rushed-to-bunker-by-secret-service-was-just-there-for-inspection/

& the irony of you using the term "Obama Derangement Syndrome" :rolleyes:

I don't doubt he was in there but not in the way the media and people like your self who lie to promote the idea that "he ran to it so he could run and escape from rioters".

Read the Reuters source. A trusted source. Its a fake like the photoshopped hitler photo

Foxtrol wrote: »
    That doesn't appear to be a video of what you described in bold. What I see there is a woman that is incredibly upset that a man was killed on video and at the time was walking free.

The video you refused to watch all of had the footage of black people savagely beating a woman with sticks as she tried to defend her store, you called clear footage "scaremongering" so I linked you a speech of organised racism that fueled such attacks since you disregard everything else as scaremongering

2u2me wrote: »
    The thing is, all this talk of police reform(sorry from me), because there has been already a lot of police reform.

What protestors seem to be doing is calling for blood, those 4 officers getting hung, drawn and quartered they would still walk away shaking their heads 'not good enough for them'.

We live in a society of laws and justice, and if things need to reform they surely need to identify a way to reform.

Otherwise its just bloodthirst.

At this stage it is clear you just don't want to listen.

I'm sure you feel the same about how the British Soldiers acted during Bloody Sunday. People who want justice were always just out for blood

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Some very good points made and questions answered here.

I know, I know. I hate all gingers too but the black guy seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

It seems that western lives only matter.

• Advertisement

Cupatae wrote: »
    The video you refused to watch all of had the footage of black people savagely beating a woman with sticks as she tried to defend her store, you called clear footage "scaremongering" so I linked you a speech of organised racism that fueled such attacks since you disregard everything else as scaremongering

You linked me a 30 minute video of a well known millionaire scaremonger.

That attack was horrible. There is absolutely no evidence in the video that it was during a protest or by protesters. Just criminals taking advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

"Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is increasing charges against Derek Chauvin to 2nd degree in George Floyd’s murder and also charging other 3 officers. This is another important step for justice."
    -Amy Klobuchar

Seems more like an oblation then justice.

I'm reminded of what Hannah Arendt was trying to say when she spoke about the 'banality of evil'.
    Evil acts are not necessarily perpetrated by evil people. Instead, they can simply be the result of bureaucrats dutifully obeying orders.

Footage of racist black people savagely attacking white people during riots

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3029186123829162&id=153657598048710&comment_id=255369372458114&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1591206405143540&ref=m_notif

Footage of activists speeches that have fueled such behaviour

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tRdc2kEQ1is

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

& the irony of you using the term "Obama Derangement Syndrome" :rolleyes:

I don't doubt he was in there but not in the way the media and people like your self who lie to promote the idea that "he ran to it so he could run and escape from rioters".

Read the Reuters source. A trusted source. Its a fake like the photoshopped hitler photo

...did you even click the link I posted? It seems readily apparent that you didn’t.

At this stage it is clear you just don't want to listen.

When I hear this I know it's often the other person trying to shutdown the debate but that's fine if you don't want to reply just don't. No need to infer "I don't want to listen" When that's demonstrably not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oooh Chauvin's cheerleaders here will be disgusted.

Seems legally you cant murder a black person after all. Outrageous.

Seems channel 4 reporter misspoke of the charge she said on TV 1st degree. 2nd degree murder and three others will be charged later.

https://www.fox21online.com/2020/06/03/sen-amy-klobuchar-announces-additional-charges-coming-in-george-floyd-case/

https://www.channel4.com/news/senator-says-three-ex-officers-to-be-charged-in-floyd-case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

It was not premeditated murder. If these reports are true then the Police Officer will not see a day in jail, unfortunately.

You linked me a 30 minute video of a well known millionaire scaremonger.

That attack was horrible. There is absolutely no evidence in the video that it was during a protest or by protesters. Just criminals taking advantage

Oh there just criminals now ? Convient that ! I'm sorry but BLM have blood on there hands you can't incite people to riot with impassioned speeches and then wash your hands of any evil that comes from they should be held accountable.

You can't use collective terms such as the white people and claim not to be racist or targeting a specific group.

The more I learn about BLM the more I see how steeped in hatred and racism for white people, and how opportunistic they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,603 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

"Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is increasing charges against Derek Chauvin to 2nd degree in George Floyd’s murder and also charging other 3 officers. This is another important step for justice."
    -Amy Klobuchar

I'm reminded of what Hannah Arendt was trying to say when she spoke about the 'banality of evil'.

Called it.

You've my condolences at this upsetting time for you.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Unjustified why?

What is so wrong with police stopping people. We need a lot more of it. And if you’re behaving and doing nothing wrong, then what’s the big issue..

So, whomever the police stop, who cares. If all is in order, away you go.

Police stop people. Not colours. We are all equally subject to the possibility of being stopped..

You just keep digging to try and make this about racism...it’s pathetic.

The problem is that in the US the above has been proven to be absolute crap.

Time and again it has been analysed and it shows police do stop based on the colour of their skin.

When there is a significant chance a police stop can end in death then that fact matters.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Called it.

You've my condolences at this upsetting time for you.

Called what? I'm well on board with justice for Floyd and prosecuting the officer with his knee on the neck, but now they just want blood. 2nd degree murder and 3 other officers charged also seems excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

I imagine if Lane and Keung agree to testify it would add significant weight to the case.
    Both behaved in an exemplary fashion prior to Chauvin arriving.
    During the restraining Lane twice suggested moving Floyd onto his side and Keung checked for a pulse and found none. Chauvin dismissed them.
    Being probationary officers they were always going to be deferential to Chauvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

-Amy Klobuchar

Oblation? Oh FFS. Anyone who watched that video could see it was more than 3rd degree murder and that the other 3 officers were complicit.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

statesaver wrote: »

“Remember that good thing we did that one time? So why are you protesting all those bad things we do?”

Oblation? Oh FFS. Anyone who watched that video could see it was more than 3rd degree murder and that the other 3 officers were complicit.

It's only an important step towards justice. We're not there yet.

“Remember that good thing we did that one time? So why are you protesting all those bad things we do?”

In the UK ?
    They have done many good things. Fighting the Nazis, Irish and Islamic terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Called what? I'm well on board with justice for Floyd and prosecuting the officer with his knee on the neck, but now they just want blood. 2nd degree murder and 3 other officers charged also seems excessive.

It was excessive and reckless and it should be at least that as for the others they were there they did nothing, they have to answer for that also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Blood? How's about just a long ass time behind bars, it's okay he'll have a lot of comforts being an ex boy in blue, he'll be kept well away from anyone wanting to do him harm.

If he's man enough that is to go the whole nine yards and take the right and proper punishment that is coming his way.

Long time behind bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

-Amy Klobuchar

You might be interested in my previous post mentioning Amy Klobuchar in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement