Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

statesaver wrote: »
    In the UK ?

Are the police saints in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

That will get him loads of likes, good for him. I wish he would expand on what it makes him think and why he is comparing the two though.

Anyone assaulting police unless in self defense (applies to some of whats happening in the US) should be arrested and charged and hopefully will, but lets not get all schmaltzy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I imagine if Lane and Keung agree to testify it would add significant weight to the case.
    Both behaved in an exemplary fashion prior to Chauvin arriving.
    During the restraining Lane twice suggested moving Floyd onto his side and Keung checked for a pulse and found none. Chauvin dismissed them.
    Being probationary officers they were always going to be deferential to Chauvin.

All cops have made use of the 5th amendment. Keep their mouths shut. Unless Ive missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

2u2me wrote: »
    When I hear this I know it's often the other person trying to shutdown the debate but that's fine if you don't want to reply just don't. No need to infer "I don't want to listen" When that's demonstrably not true.

You claimed 'they surely need to identify a way to reform' before coming to the conclusion they were interested in 'bloodthirst'.

I and others have repeatedly stated on this thread some of the policies and even if you missed them you could do a quick google search and it would give you dozens of policies they have identified.

It is not only not wanting to listen, it is also willful ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I find it strange that black activists and Hollywood stars haven't a word to say about David Dorn the retired cop shot dead by rioters.

That was first degree murder.

• Advertisement

I find it strange that black activists and Hollywood stars haven't a word to say about David Dorn the retired cop shot dead by rioters.

That was first degree murder.

Have you bothered to look?

Clearly, you never bothered to look.

https://twitter.com/jacehood__/status/1268078437920657418?s=21

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Overheal wrote: »
    Are the police saints in the UK?

Maybe not but they helped defeat Irish terrorism in the UK and are at the front line in the defeat of Islamic terrorism. They saved hundreds if not thousands of lives. I salute and support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

It was excessive and reckless and it should be at least that as for the others they were there they did nothing, they have to answer for that also

^ Exactly this , and Lord rest the man's soul . But murder ?

Are these four police officers that idiotic , that if they wanted to murder this poor man , they would do it in broad daylight , with witnesses filming the event ?

Surely , they would just have put him in the back of the patrol car , took him somewhere and put a bullet in him ? Would make more sense if they wanted to commit murder ,?

I did look on various sites and hadn't seen that but I'm glad to see they condemned it but used it to get a dig in at the other side so in a way they used his death for their own point scoring.

You might dial back the aggression a bit as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

They ve incited everyone to voilence and highly charged protest, you ll forgive us for not giving there tweets much creedance..

Will BLM have any accountability when this is all said and done ?

• Advertisement

Maybe not but they helped defeat Irish terrorism in the UK and are at the front line in the defeat of Islamic terrorism. They saved hundreds if not thousands of lives. I salute and support them.

Okay? They defeated Irish terrorism 30 years ago, a pass so for modern brutality! :rolleyes:

Don’t you know all these US Cops defeated communism! :rolleyes:

I did look on various sites and hadn't seen that but I'm glad to see they condemned it but used it to get a dig in at the other side so in a way they used his death for their own point scoring.

You might dial back the aggression a bit as well.

The aggression? You asserted sweepingly that BLM and Hollywood haven’t said anything about his death.

If you think my post was too aggressive hit the button.

Cupatae wrote: »
    They ve incited everyone to voilence and highly charged protest, you ll forgive us for not giving there tweets much creedance..

Will BLM have any accountability when this is all said and done ?

Looters and rioters and murderers should be held accountable of course.

I’m not sure how you hold a hashtag accountable though. Or even demonstrators and organizers who during the day led peaceful protests and urged calm.

Oh there just criminals now ? Convient that ! I'm sorry but BLM have blood on there hands you can't incite people to riot with impassioned speeches and then wash your hands of any evil that comes from they should be held accountable.

You can't use collective terms such as the white people and claim not to be racist or targeting a specific group.

The more I learn about BLM the more I see how steeped in hatred and racism for white people, and how opportunistic they are.

Is anyone saying they aren't criminals? Are BLM also 'accountable' for minority owned stores that were looted as badly?

Also, if you believe BLM should be held accountable for peoples actions after their rhetoric, Trump will be in trouble after calling for police to 'rough up' suspects

https://twitter.com/cowwarrior789/status/1267319971664683008?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

THE_SHEEP wrote: »

Are these four police officers that idiotic , that if they wanted to murder this poor man , they would do it in broad daylight , with witnesses filming the event ?

Surely , they would just have put him in the back of the patrol car , took him somewhere and put a bullet in him ? Would make more sense if they wanted to commit murder ,?

Yes murder..

Cop take pulse, no pulse found... Continue with the restraining of a dead person.
    Cops are first responders it is their duty to help assist with saving life.. they abdicated that day!! Murder plain for everyone to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

CNN's Cuomo Defends Rioting, Says Protest DONT Need To Be Peaceful.

/Tim Pool

Okay? They defeated Irish terrorism 30 years ago, a pass so for modern brutality! :rolleyes:

Don’t you know all these US Cops defeated communism! :rolleyes:

30 years ago ? The treat of IRA terrorism is on going.

I see you didn't say anything about the brutality of Islamic terrorism.

I said nothing about US cops my post which you responded to was about British police in London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

You might be interested in my previous post mentioning Amy Klobuchar in this thread.

The search feature isn't working for me at the moment. (Anyone else have this problem?) Care to sum it up or can u re post it.
    Unfortunately the backend returned an error and could not fulfill this request. Please try again or return to the homepage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Is anyone saying they aren't criminals? Are BLM also 'accountable' for minority owned stores that were looted as badly?

Also, if you believe BLM should be held accountable for peoples actions after their rhetoric, Trump will be in trouble after calling for police to 'rough up' suspects

https://twitter.com/cowwarrior789/status/1267319971664683008?s=20

I'm not even talking about the looting I'm talking about the dead and savagely beaten , where these people only gained the opportunity to do such vicious things because of the platform provided to them by BLM , in the midst of a pandemic they organised protests and incited people , you cant cleanly just catagorize BLM as the good guys in this because they organised the protests which led to riots they gave impassioned speeches and I qoute "if your not with us your against us no straddling the fence " and "what happens after this happens "

That's reckless and dangerous behaviour with no thought of what would happen when they amped people up ..

No I'm afraid no matter what way you cut the cake on this one BLM have blood on there hands.

Another way to look at it is, if they were comfortable to do this in broad daylight in front of cameras what horrible sh1t did they get up to behind closed doors.

That goes for the broader police force, if this is how they act with so many cameras around they must have gotten up so some absolutely terrible things when there was no chance of anyone catching them in the act. How many lives have been ruined or lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yep, well i remember when Gerry and Martin were put in jail and SF were wiped off the agenda.

I said nothing about US cops my post which you responded to as about British police in London.
    And cops stop mass shootings in America every week but it’s not a pass to brutalize suspects!

This is not a foreign concept?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

All cops have made use of the 5th amendment. Keep their mouths shut. Unless Ive missed something.

Yes i saw that, but they're no longer cops, and the threat of legal action might have persuaded a couple if they've any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Nermal

2u2me wrote: »
    "Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is increasing charges against Derek Chauvin to 2nd degree in George Floyd’s murder and also charging other 3 officers.

This Keith Ellison?

https://twitter.com/BillGertz/status/1266784445715091458

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Well as far as I know we do not know what the others will be charged with. Did he set out to kill no but his actions did just that and they were excessive action that could cause a fatality that is why I think it is high 3rd degree to lower 2nd degree, the others a low charge that I say may not give jail time.

I am staying off social media as much as possible at the moment as it be bad for your health but just read about and watched a reaction to what happened in Lafayette Park, surely that has to be a major dent in his election. I am been overly optimistic I know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I said nothing about US cops my post which you responded to as about British police in London.

I know it's a typo but the "treat of IRA terrorism" gave me a smile...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Another way to look at it is, if they were comfortable to do this in broad daylight in front of cameras what horrible sh1t did they get up to behind closed doors.

That goes for the broader police force, if this is how they act with so many cameras around they must have gotten up so some absolutely terrible things when there was no chance of anyone catching them in the act. How many lives have been ruined or lost.

I think they are conditioned like that and I would say the mast majority of the police in America want to do there duty in the right way so lets not tarnish them

The aggression? You asserted sweepingly that BLM and Hollywood haven’t said anything about his death.

If you think my post was too aggressive hit the button.

Take your mod hat off I have no interest in hitting any report button, if I have something to say I say it to the person on the thread I did here.

And no I never mentioned BLM I said black activists, I've yet to see a Hollywood star mention him yet they were all over G Floyds death on their IG and Twitter.

I'm not even talking about the looting I'm talking about the dead and savagely beaten , where these people only gained the opportunity to do such vicious things because of the platform provided to them by BLM , in the midst of a pandemic they organised protests and incited people , you cant cleanly just catagorize BLM as the good guys in this because they organised the protests which led to riots they gave impassioned speeches and I qoute "if your not with us your against us no straddling the fence " and "what happens after this happens "

That's reckless and dangerous behaviour with no thought of what would happen when they amped people up ..

No I'm afraid no matter what way you cut the cake on this one BLM have blood on there hands.

In your eyes, of course they do.

They are right that there is no sitting on the fence here. Like with any historical wrongs, be it slavery or the acts of the British soldiers on Bloody Sunday, there is a right side and the wrong side and sitting on the fence is just supporting the wrong side.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    Yep, well i remember when Gerry and Martin were put in jail and SF were wiped off the agenda.

Do we live in a United Ireland ?

NO. So .......

........ Irish terrorism was defeated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement