Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nermal wrote: »

Jesus that's reaching a photo from a few years age when they were not classified as that and as far as I know are not yet but even still it was from years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Yes i saw that, but they're no longer cops, and the threat of legal action might have persuaded a couple if they've any sense.

Maybe they'll change as the case progresses, they still shouldn't be getting to much of a pass. What else can they say, it was recorded all on video (public) and their bodycams their words spoken will be heard from them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Foxtrol wrote: »
    In your eyes, of course they do.

They are right that there is no sitting on the fence here. Like with any historical wrongs, be it slavery or the acts of the British soldiers on Bloody Sunday, there is a right side and the wrong side and sitting on the fence is just supporting the wrong side.

I think in any sane persons mind they do, more death and destruction isnt gonna bring about change infact the opposite it will cause those white people that were attack to now be wary of black people or as ye like to call it "Racist"

It's Abit paradoxical

And are they **** right if any shop owner or person wants to go about there business and hates neither side they shouldn't be attack for there views. Or even targetted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭Odhinn

statesaver wrote: »
    Do we live in a United Ireland ?

NO. So .......

........ Irish terrorism was defeated.

*snicker

Yeah. I believe ye.

Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

2u2me wrote: »
    The search feature isn't working for me at the moment. (Anyone else have this problem?) Care to sum it up or can u re post it.

Yes wasn't working for me either, from last week's Sunday Times;

"By contrast,the effect of events in Minnesota on Amy Klobuchar's vice presidential ambitions could be devastating. Earlier in her career, Klobuchar was a prosecutor there and has been criticised for her failure to prosecute incidents of police brutality.
    One officer who was involved in the death of a citizen and not prosecuted by Klobuchar is Derek Chauvin."

Someone might be endeavoring to cover their tracks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I think they are conditioned like that and I would say the mast majority of the police in America want to do there duty in the right way so lets not tarnish them

There are definitely good cops out there but there is a rot in the force regarding dealing with bad cops and I refuse to call someone a good cop that knows of bad cops in their ranks and doesn't report them. If there are 10 bad cops out of 1000 and none of the others report them then there are 1010 bad cops. We saw in Ireland how they dealt with whistleblowers and it is far worse in the US.

In addition, the ridiculous numbers of videos of police officers losing their minds during protests and assaulting peaceful protesters doesn't fill me with confidence of you point of view.

I'll give a guess to the defenses case..

When they found out George had no pulse, they were afraid to roll him over and perform CPR because of the crowd that was there, They were in fear of their safety?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Overheal wrote: »
    ...did you even click the link I posted? It seems readily apparent that you didn’t.

The Reuters link seems to be working on my end

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-trump-tweet-bunker/fact-check-trump-did-not-tweet-from-the-white-house-bunker-or-criticize-obama-for-keeping-it-in-bad-shape-idUSKBN23A290

Cupatae wrote: »
    I think in any sane persons mind they do, more death and destruction isnt gonna bring about change infact the opposite it will cause those white people that were attack to now be wary of black people or as ye like to call it "Racist"

It's Abit paradoxical

And are they **** right if any shop owner or person wants to go about there business and hates neither side they shouldn't be attack for there views. Or even targetted

You and other posters keep trying to have an argument with one that not a single person is making (aka a strawman).

No poster here nor BLM are calling for 'death and destruction'.

The either side in this is you believe black lives matter or you don't. There is no 3rd option.

You and other posters keep trying to have an argument with one that not a single person is making (aka a strawman).

The either side in this is you believe black lives matter or you don't. There is no 3rd option.

You twisted what I said, I said they are indirectly responsible for the destruction that has taken place as they incited people to protest which lead to it all, they gave impassioned speeches and said anyone not with them is a target .

You strike me as a person who likes convient truths but not the real ugly side of what you are supporting.

I think all lives matter how's that ? Which side am I on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

You twisted what I said, I said they are indirectly responsible for the destruction that has taken place as they incited people to protest which lead to it all, they gave impassioned speeches and said anyone not with them is a target .

You strike me as a person who likes convient truths but not the real ugly side of what you are supporting.

I very much doubt anyone had any media incitement to protest in this instance.

If white store owners start killing black looters are they against blm? Would BLM condone or condem them for defending there property and family ?

In NYC there is looting miles away from where the protests are taking place. Those carrying them out have absolutely nothing to do with protests or their cause and are simply capitalising on inept policing.

People supporting 'all lives matter' are really just showing their insecurity. Given that you seem to be another poster that doesn't bother reading the posts of others, I'll repost this from Overheal to try to help you with this really really complicated topic.

https://twitter.com/totallynotmark/status/1267901847777480704?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

All protests can turn violent. That doesn't mean the organizer are responsible. John Hume and others organised civil rights marches in Derry. We're they correct to do so.
    By the way I support civil rights for all, does that mean I'm opposed to John Hume.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Dindu nuffin. What do they suspect when they are being disorderly and when they are grabbed for an arrest they star throwing digs. Pathetic.

https://twitter.com/DarrenPlymouth/status/1268253728043347968

In NYC there is looting miles away from where the protests are taking place. Those carrying them out have absolutely nothing to do with protests or their cause and are simply capitalising on inept policing.

People supporting 'all lives matter' are really just showing their insecurity. Given that you seem to be another poster that doesn't bother reading the posts of others, I'll repost this from Overheal to try to help you with this really really complicated topic.

That sign isn't gospel that ye cling to there isn't one train of thought its ironic that BLM don't want you to treat all live equally ... Or the supporters of it, people are allowed different view points... My view point is a evil Police officer murdered a innocent man, in cold blood, but there are alot of black racist on a rampage attavking white people,

Where's the outrage for that ? It's just casually overlooked and moved past trampled under the BLM hyperbol

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I never claimed he tweeted from the bunker.

He definitely was in the bunker. We agree on this. You’re fighting a straw man

Dindu nuffin. What do they suspect when they are being disorderly and when they are grabbed for an arrest they star throwing digs. Pathetic.

https://twitter.com/DarrenPlymouth/status/1268253728043347968

Night and day policing there when you compare it to the US. After the initial flare up they deescalated the situation. Great job.

In the US they would have tear gassed the entire place and caused a stampede.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭tigger123

He also said on Fox earlier today that he just went into it to have a look at the bunker, and he wasnt scared. He's an absolute man child.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tigger123 wrote: »
    He also said on Fox earlier today that he just went into it to have a look at the bunker, and he wasnt scared. He's an absolute man child.

It was so beautiful he went to inspect it “two and a half times”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Night and day policing there when you compare it to the US. After the initial flare up they deescalated the situation. Great job.

In the US they would have tear gassed the entire place and caused a stampede.

I was just thinking the same, British cops did really well there. Situation was deescalated without rubber bullets.

That sign isn't gospel that ye cling to there isn't one train of thought its ironic that BLM don't want you to treat all live equally ... Or the supporters of it, people are allowed different view points... My view point is a evil Police officer murdered a innocent man, in cold blood, but there are alot of black racist on a rampage attavking white people,

Where's the outrage for that ? It's just casually overlooked and moved past trampled under the BLM hyperbol

Good old whataboutery.

Again, you're arguing with nobody. No one is supporting looters and rioters and minority owners are being impacted as much as white ones.

You seem to only care about a certain type of people and continue to be willfully ignorant on the subject so there is no point in continuing this further

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭tigger123

Overheal wrote: »
    It was so beautiful he went to inspect it “two and a half times”

Its something an 8 year old would say.

It is all lives matter now after white people are being killed / attacked it has changed from just blacks being in danger now white people are in danger aswell . As seen by the brutal beatings people getting there skulls smashed with rocks by black people as seen in the vid I linked you.

Good old whataboutery.

Again, you're arguing with nobody. No one is supporting looters and rioters and minority owners are being impacted as much as white ones.

You seem to only care about a certain type of people and continue to be willfully ignorant on the subject so there is no point in continuing this further

Sorta like urself , only keen on the buzz of BLM.. all other murders and attacks take a back seat.

To you the BLM can do no wrong nor have they and that's just misguided

Good old whataboutery.

Sorta like urself , only keen on the buzz of BLM.. all other murders and attacks take a back seat.

To you the BLM can do no wrong nor have they and that's just misguided

joe40 wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same, British cops did really well there. Situation was deescalated without rubber bullets.

Forget rubber bullets, this cop in the US pulled his gun out when no protesters were even in his vicinity

https://twitter.com/disruptionary/status/1267313417897025536?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Forget rubber bullets, this cop in the US pulled his gun out when no protesters were even in his vicinity

https://twitter.com/disruptionary/status/1267313417897025536?s=20

Has anyone seen how quickly a criminal can get a shot off, they may well look unarmed but that vid won't play so I can't comment on it.

Police have been murdered too and of course civilian have and unarmed too but then you see they reached for officers gun or tried to kill them some way in many instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

BLM is an absolute disgrace and the most racist group even more so then the kkk

• Advertisement

BLM is an absolute disgrace and the most racist group even more so then the kkk

They're a group? Who's their leader..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement