Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,597 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

statesaver wrote: »
    This woman is talking sense

Right at the end some white guy shouts ' shame on you ' to a black women telling her story. White liberals are the real racists. Malcolm X knew this.

No one is forgiving or excusing black on black crime, or white on white or whatever. But, the institutional racism which exists which leads to blacks being unfairly targeted because of their skin colour is still racism.

Are you saying that you would like to see large scale proactive initiatives targeting gangs and inner city zones where a lot of the black on black crime exists. Because, when there is a thread arguing for that initiative I bet many of the 'white liberals' you talk of will be along to support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That's what you said. You are quick to fact check others but not being fact-checked yourself.

I’m still not seeing where I said he tweeted from the bunker? I know what I said and I stand by what I said. Because that’s what we heard him say today, to Fox’s Brian Kilmeade, that he went to the bunker for “inspection.” I said, what a comedian, because I think that’s a funny way to describe cowering in a bunker while the country was calling for the president to address his nation. Myself included. Fact check me there too.

I’m not sure why this is hard for you to grasp but perhaps you should just drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Kicked off in Greece now, this looks more and more like a co ordinated Colour revolution much like the Arab Spring (which everybody knows was instigated by the US using social media)
    Nothing organic about this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

You do?

The one thing black people don't need is white people telling them what they should think.

The video i posted shows black people don't need white people like you.

Black people definitely don't need me.
    I have listened to plenty of black leaders at the protests, black commentators on the media. There are difference of opinion, absolutely, but the main voice coming through is the anger at the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

walshb wrote: »
    I can bet how many of them feel...

And they’re not stupid, either.

Black people are people like white and brown and any other colour...

And until this fixation and continuing color narrative is lessened, we’ll get nowhere.

So why are so many out protesting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/SkyEnda/status/1268268276729208832?s=19

This is a shout to everyone that thinks when it all breaks down, no matter what you believe, no matter how many posts you share on social media, the mob won't care. Even CNN couldn't escape the wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,765 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

President Obama’s full teleconference

I encourage watching the lead-in. A young man gives a chilling poem that while Unconventional in delivery will be insightful to people who live outside the United States or just anyone who is more interested in a black perception of America.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Oh Jesus, Dr. Ebum is on a rant on Virgin media, Irish society has its knee on the necks of minorities apparently.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

This woman is talking sense

https://twitter.com/LegendaryEnergy/status/1268062728054177793

Right at the end some white guy shouts ' shame on you ' to a black women telling her story. White liberals are the real racists. Malcolm X knew this.

When this white guy says “shame on you” to the only black person with the guts to speak up it suddenly occurs to me that what he actually feels, is fear.
    Some (not all, some just want to appear woke) White middle class comfortable well educated liberal minded people (including some posting here) are afraid that their worst fears will be realised and that the poorly paid badly educated non Caucasians who serve them coffee, clean their houses, deliver their takeaways, drive their taxis, will rise up and revolt.
    This mass protest looks and sounds and smells a bit too like a revolution for his liking so he legs it down to the protest and will literally do anything to get the approval of the protestors, including trying to dismiss completely out of hand this intelligent articulate lady speaking her truth. It’s so embarrassing to watch this. 2 white **** trying to tell a woman that they know what’s good for her, and that’s she’s wrong, and they’re right, because they’re white, and they know best. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

This is a shout to everyone that thinks when it all breaks down, no matter what you believe, no matter how many posts you share on social media, the mob won't care. Even CNN couldn't escape the wrath.

This is a class war. The sooner the media and activists stop spinning it as a race war the better.

The anger is very very real.

Floyd might not have been treated like that if he was white, but he definitely would not be treated like that if he was rich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

American police getting ready to mark the 31st anniversary of Tiananmen Square's 'Tank Man' which is on Friday.

43w260.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

splinter65 wrote: »
    When this white guy says “shame on you” to the only black person with the guts to speak up it suddenly occurs to me that what he actually feels, is fear.
    Some (not all, some just want to appear woke) White middle class comfortable well educated liberal minded people (including some posting here) are afraid that their worst fears will be realised and that the poorly paid badly educated non Caucasians who serve them coffee, clean their houses, deliver their takeaways, drive their taxis, will rise up and revolt.
    This mass protest looks and sounds and smells a bit too like a revolution for his liking so he legs it down to the protest and will literally do anything to get the approval of the protestors, including trying to dismiss completely out of hand this intelligent articulate lady speaking her truth. It’s so embarrassing to watch this. 2 white **** trying to tell a woman that they know what’s good for her, and that’s she’s wrong, and they’re right, because they’re white, and they know best. Jesus.

How do you not see the hypocrisy here?

We have people on this thread pointing to and liking that video because they agree with this black woman's opinion, while at the same time dismissing the views of hundreds of thousands of other black people marching in the US and around the world in protest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Overheal wrote: »
    President Obama’s full teleconference

I encourage watching the lead-in. A young man gives a chilling poem that while Unconventional in delivery will be insightful to people who live outside the United States or just anyone who is more interested in a black perception of America.

Obama ? who called the rioters in Baltimore in 2015 SCUM ? who dropped tens of thousands of pounds of bombs on innocent people, him ? resulting in live slave auctions in Libya ? That Obama ?

WOW

American police getting ready to mark the 31st anniversary of Tiananmen Square's 'Tank Man' which is on Friday.

America have democracy. They're right to celebrate it. The thing the Chinese were protesting for, peacefully.

43w260.jpg

What utter nonsense.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    How do you not see the hypocrisy here?

We have people on this thread pointing to and liking that video because they agree with this black woman's opinion, while at the same time dismissing the views of hundreds of thousands of other black people marching in the US and around the world in protest.

Can you point out my hypocrisy in this post please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

https://twitter.com/SkyEnda/status/1268268276729208832?s=19

Go get them
    Change of underwear time for the journalists

What utter nonsense.

I know, you'd hardly think the US would be looking to China for leadership and tips on how to deal with protests, but yet here we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Overheal wrote: »
    That’s messed up. Cops looting? Totally undermines their cause

From the footage the last few days there are plenty of bad on both sides.

The cops are emerging from this very tarnished.

• Advertisement

43w260.jpg

Real oppression is China's treatment of their Muslim population and the people of Hong Kong. But you don't care do you ? With your fuk the police ****e, fuk Trump.

I know, you'd hardly think the US would be looking to China for leadership and tips on how to deal with protests, but yet here we are.

Really ?

Real oppression is China's treatment of their Muslim population and the people of Hong Kong. But you don't care do you ? With your fuk the police ****e, fuk Trump.

China's regime are rotten, but Trump is doing all he can to catch the US up on that front - and you're happy to cheer lead it on and defend it, as I am sure you did the child separation policy Trump brought in for illegal immigrants.

You are no better than the people who support the reeducation camps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,597 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can you point us in the direction of your posts calling for action in supporting Muslim Chinese or are you just using that as a case of whataboutery to challenge current views on what is going on?

43w260.jpg

NYPD radio leak: https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/02/nypd-police-scanner-broadcast-calls-violence-against-protesters-cops-investigating-shoot-run-over/

"We have a group of people blocking traffic on Albany and [???] Street, they are refusing let us through, so we're stuck here."

"Run them over."

"Shoot those motherf*ckers! Don't put that over the air."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

walshb wrote: »
    Black people are people like white and brown and any other colour...
    If you're buying a house in US, I'd assume you wouldn't ask the estate agent about the ethnicity/color of the neighborhood?
    Because most people in Ireland are very xenophobic, and tend not to buy the houses in social estates or near the halting sites.

Can you point us in the direction of your posts calling for action in supporting Muslim Chinese or are you just using that as a case of whataboutery to challenge current views on what is going on?

Here's me doing that in the China thread.
    2u2me wrote: »
    They have 're-educated' millions of muslims in their internment camps.
    They have invaded Tibet and forced many asylum seekers, invaded territory in the South China Sea. It has also been proven they harvest the organs of their prisoners. They condemn and ban ideas as docile as Falun Gong. They quell all political opposition. They are repressive and authoritarian(Hong Kong, Taiwan). The moment you live under this regime is the moment you realize you would hate it.

I agree with the sentiment that poster made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Can you point out my hypocrisy in this post please?
    "It’s so embarrassing to watch this. 2 white **** trying to tell a woman that they know what’s good for her, and that’s she’s wrong, and they’re right, because they’re white, and they know best. "

You're saying that because you agree with that one woman, while at the same time dismissing the views of the hundreds of thousands of other black people that hold opposing views and are currently on the streets in protest. Somehow those folk are **** but you're not.

It is like an English person finding one Catholic in the north that said 'I have no problem with the British army after Bloody Sunday, the IRA are at fault' and then parading them around like some kind of evidence saying 'Look, this Catholic agrees with us so I don't have to listen to the hundreds of thousands that have a problem'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

New lawyer for the POS, the first lawyer withdrawing because of health reasons..

"The former Minneapolis police officer accused of killing George Floyd is being represented by a new lawyer in the racially charged case that has sparked protests across the United States over police brutality, according to people involved in the case."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-minneapolis-police-defense-exclusive-idUSKBN23A2SG

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You're saying that because you agree with that one woman, while at the same time dismissing the views of the hundreds of thousands of other black people that hold opposing views and are currently on the streets in protest. Somehow those folk are **** but you're not.

It is like an English person finding one Catholic in the north that said 'I have no problem with the British army after Bloody Sunday, the IRA are at fault' and then parading them around like some kind of evidence saying 'Look, this Catholic agrees with us so I don't have to listen to the hundreds of thousands that have a problem'.

Where did I dismiss the views of 100,000s of other people?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement