Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

na1 wrote: »
    If you're buying a house in US, I'd assume you wouldn't ask the estate agent about the ethnicity/color of the neighborhood?
    Because most people in Ireland are very xenophobic, and tend not to buy the houses in social estates or near the halting sites.

Why would that be?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BLM is an absolute disgrace and the most racist group even more so then the kkk
    Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

splinter65 wrote: »
    Where did I dismiss the views of 100,000s of other people?

So you disagree with that woman in the video? :confused:

I'm sure some people here will blame BLM for this also.

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1268312547758923778?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I know, you'd hardly think the US would be looking to China for leadership and tips on how to deal with protests, but yet here we are.

you'd want to read a bit about Tiananmen Square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

These black rap artists coming out of the woodwork who rap about guns, violence , hos, killing other rap artists etc should cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,002 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Edgware wrote: »
    Why would that be?

Ya, that's not really racism or xenophobia. You're making an extremely large investment and you're obviously going to be as risk adverse as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Foxtrol wrote: »
    So you disagree with that woman in the video? :confused:

I never said one word about wether I agreed or disagreed with what she or anyone else was saying.
    My entire post was about the way the two white speakers were dismissing her, and ultimately shaming her for speaking her truth.
    And I speculated on why they might be shaming and dismissing her.
    That’s gone completely Whoosh! over your head.
    So I still wait for you to point out the hypocrisy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

All four in custody, the other three charged with aiding and abetting 2nd degree murder and 2nd degree manslaughter.

"Derek Chauvin – whose knee was on Floyd’s neck and is accused of second-degree murder – has been in custody since last week. All four are being held on $1 million bail."

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-06-03-20/h_06080fc14db14acacf12d89c4d953801

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

you'd want to read a bit about Tiananmen Square

You'd want to read through the thread, it's what several people here want. There are also audio leaks of cops wanting to jsut "shoot those motherf*ckers", and of course there is Trump wanting to call in the army for... well, here's his take on Tianenman Square:

"When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength," Trump replied. "That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak...as being spit on by the rest of the world."

Thankfully there have been buffers in the middle stopping it from getting to this point - so far. But if Trump and some of his supporters had their way, then yes we would be looking at hundreds if not thousands dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,764 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

These black rap artists coming out of the woodwork who rap about guns, violence , hos, killing other rap artists etc should cop on.

This seems like a pretty broad sweeping statement. Surely it matters what the context of the art is.

This is really not far removed from old ladies blaming violent video games for mass shootings.

As if Jay-Z’s 99 problems song is the reason that blacks are targeted by police or that some black criminal runs off to kill someone. Trump has been named as influencing over 50 violent crimes in legal casework. How many times have rappers come up as the reason someone went and committed a homocide?

Overheal wrote: »
    This seems like a pretty broad sweeping statement. Surely it matters what the context of the art is.

This is really not far removed from old ladies blaming violent video games for mass shootings.

As if Jay-Z’s 99 problems song is the reason that blacks are targeted by police or that some black criminal runs off to kill someone. Trump has been named as influencing over 50 violent crimes in legal casework. How many times have rappers come up as the reason someone went and committed a homocide?

Didn't say that.

I said rap artists rapping about shooting and killing people who then go onto join a movement against killing people....

Well it needs to further explanation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

I just seen Trump's speech there I was expecting to see something akin to Hitler going by some of the posts on here and was actually shocked by how level headed it was and how spot on it was , he was making all the right calls..on all fronts...

The media are actually a disgrace how they litterally carry agendas and spread bull**** and then you ve people who hate Trump no matter how right or wrong he is they will always spin it in a negative .

Didn't say that.

I said rap artists rapping about shooting and killing people who then go onto join a movement against killing people....

Well it needs to further explanation.

Do you have examples?

What artist is out there today who glorified shooting and killing people? I’d be interested to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Where's all the looting and violence? I was looking forward to the crackdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tarantino has said that his movies reflect racial politics and he has protested against police brutality in the past. His movies are full of guns and violence. Should he cop on too? Or is it just black rap artists you have a problem with?

Cupatae wrote: »
    I just seen Trump's speech there I was expecting to see something akin to Hitler going by some of the posts on here and was actually shocked by how level headed it was and how spot on it was , he was making all the right calls..on all fronts...

The media are actually a disgrace how they litterally carry agendas and spread bull**** and then you ve people who hate Trump no matter how right or wrong he is they will always spin it in a negative .

Did you watch all 48 minutes?

It's already been cracked down in most places by police, we ll have to get a new hip cause to get behind now... Those fb profile pics need to be changed! And cool Instagram statements to be made! First covid now BLM wonder what's next!

Tarantino has said that his movies reflect racial politics and he has protested against police brutality in the past. His movies are full of guns and violence. Should he cop on too? Or is it just black rap artists you have a problem with?

Recently watched Django Unchained and Hateful 8 extended version again. Absolutely spot on. Both movies are a modern lens and twist on our racist past.

Did you watch all 48 minutes?

Nah was like a 3 min highlight did I miss something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Suppose every actor that has ever shot or killed someone in a movie should keep quiet too then?

splinter65 wrote: »
    I never said one word about wether I agreed or disagreed with what she or anyone else was saying.
    My entire post was about the way the two white speakers were dismissing her, and ultimately shaming her for speaking her truth.
    And I speculated on why they might be shaming and dismissing her.
    That’s gone completely Whoosh! over your head.
    So I still wait for you to point out the hypocrisy?

You liked a post that said 'This woman is talking sense', which is a strange move if you disagree with them.

So you were calling out all the posters here who have spent their day(s) dismissing the feelings of the hundreds and thousands of black protesters? You were implying those posters are also ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Recently watched Django Unchained and Hateful 8 extended version again. Absolutely spot on. Both movies are a modern lens and twist on our racist past.

Our rascist past? I’m not part of this

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Suppose every actor that has ever shot or killed someone in a movie should keep quiet too then?

Actors?

Oh so all those rap artists with felonys like Tupac were just acting.

OK.

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Our rascist past? I’m not part of this

If you are white you are part of racism it's the white man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Lots of posters here were longing for the crackdown. Black bodies lying in the streets, blood pouring from their heads. Then you could truly point and scream “police brutality!! At last! Viva the revolution!!”
    Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.
    The MSM tried their level best to whip it up but there were just too many level headed decent protestors who just wouldn’t take the bait.
    Big congrats to the British police who just refused to play ball today despite utter morons and cretins doing their worst.
    Better get back to their drug lines or their places will be taken..

Do you have examples?

What artist is out there today who glorified shooting and killing people? I’d be interested to know.

50 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Actors?

Oh so all those rap artists with felonys like Tupac were just acting.

OK.

Fairly sure Tupac isn't out protesting the death of George Floyd bud.

Any examples of artists who are actually protesting that you don't agree with?

Cupatae wrote: »
    Nah was like a 3 min highlight did I miss something

Quite a bit.

His spoken remarks were very short and past the muster of a focus group. Then he moved to the church for the photo op. As that happened though police rushed a peaceful protest outside, assaulted the press, fired a semantic equivalent of teargas (confirmed by CDC and also shown by recovered articles https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/dc/tear-gas-washington-dc-protests-st-johns-church/65-7e9a67c7-e40b-47a2-8060-3f7d908139dd) so he could show what a tough guy he is. I refer you to a quote of his Tianmen Square comments a couple posts ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/this-cant-be-happening-an-oral-history-of-48-surreal-violent-biblical-minutes-in-washington/2020/06/02/6683d36e-a4e3-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

Hitler equivocations came from a viral fake photo. Though Trump oddly never cracked the spine on the Bible to actually read or cite it, and held it backwards like he is unfamiliar with the practice of even holding a book.

• Advertisement

50 cent.

And what lyrics of his advocate violence that are at odds with these protests?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement