Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You liked a post that said 'This woman is talking sense', which is a strange move if you disagree with them.

So you were calling out all the posters here who have spent their day(s) dismissing the feelings of the hundreds and thousands of black protesters? You were implying those posters are also ****?

Your lost foxy. Do you agree that some of the white wealthy protestors are trying to boss the black protestors because they are either afraid of them or because they are afraid not to be seen as woke? That’s what my post was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,764 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Our rascist past? I’m not part of this

I am and I’m just referring to it not roping you into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Cupatae wrote: »
    If you are white you are part of racism it's the white man

No I’m not any part of racism.

Actors?

Oh so all those rap artists with felonys like Tupac were just acting.

OK.

What about Tupac now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Overheal wrote: »
    And what lyrics of his advocate violence that are at odds with these protests?

Ah I give up.

Read my initial post about violence and rap artists who endorse it in their music.

But suddenly violence is bad.

But only if its someone else except them.

Adios.

• Advertisement

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Fairly sure Tupac isn't out protesting the death of George Floyd bud.

Any examples of artists who are actually protesting that you don't agree with?

See that’s what I thought but you know maybe he pulled an Elvis.

Holding blacks to atone for something someone wrote and performed who has been dead for decades is like trying to shut down a conversation about German right to equality because they need to atone for Mein Kampf.

Ah I give up.

Read my initial post about violence and rap artists who endorse it in their music.

But suddenly violence is bad.

But only if its someone else except them.

Adios.

That’s why I asked. You made an indefensible sweeping statement, so it’s no surprise to me you don’t want to defend it.

Later! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Holding blacks to atone for something someone wrote and performed who has been dead for decades is like trying to shut down a conversation about German right to equality because they need to atone for Mein Kampf.

...you're getting there

What about 50 cent who is still alive?

You know, all those songs about capping jah rule or whoever else...

Yeah but Hitler

That’s why I asked. You made an indefensible sweeping statement, so it’s no surprise to me you don’t want to defend it.

Later! :)

What statement?

That black rap artists rap about killing and shooting people and then tell us how outraged they are at violence?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

where is Ja?

where is Ja?

Just shows how idiotic the whole movement is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Do you have examples?

What artist is out there today who glorified shooting and killing people? I’d be interested to know.
    Johnny Cash
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Rage Against the Machine
    Foster the People
    Judas Priest
    Talking Heads
    Green Day

Should I go on? Oh feck right, we're pretending it's just rappers...

What statement?

That black rap artists rap about killing and shooting people and then tell us how outraged they are at violence?????

Yes that one.

What lyrics of 50 cent are objectionable? Lay out your case. Why should 50 cent be disqualified from protesting for police reforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Suppose every actor that has ever shot or killed someone in a movie should keep quiet too then?

Saw that Oprah Winfrey in a movie about slavery.. then she's spoke out against institutional racism in the US, hypocrisy!

Johnny Cash
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Rage Against the Machine
    Foster the People
    Judas Priest
    Talking Heads
    Green Day

Should I go on? Oh feck right, we're pretending it's just rappers...

You’re right I forgot to say black artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭Jeff2

2u2me wrote: »
    This kind of international support certainly could have helped Hong Kong(when there was no pandemic), but what good can it do in this situation?. Perhaps make us feel better about ourselves.

I'v no idea but I think it was over played to make out it was bigger around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

2u2me wrote: »
    This kind of international support certainly could have helped Hong Kong(when there was no pandemic), but what good can it do in this situation?. Perhaps make us feel better about ourselves.

From Vancouver to New York to Brisbane, rallies around world express solidarity with Hong Kong’s mass protest against extradition agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What statement?

Yeah because rapping about killing and shooting is the same thing as glorifying it. "I Don't Like Mondays" was written about a school shooting in San Diego, do you think the song glorifies school shootings?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

George Floyds funeral set for next Tuesday 9th of June. Floyd Mayweather will be attending and has also offered to pay all funeral costs. Joe Biden due to attend also. No news on whether Trump will go as yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Muahahaha wrote: »
    George Floyds funeral set for next Tuesday 9th of June. Floyd Mayweather will be attending and has also offered to pay all funeral costs. Joe Biden due to attend also. No news on whether Trump will go as yet.
    Spoiler: He won't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,703 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fairly sure Tupac isn't out protesting the death of George Floyd bud.

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,047 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can you feel it, can you feel it, can you feel it!
    If you look around
    The whole world's coming together now,
    Can you feel it, can you feel it, can you feel it
    Feel it in the air, the wind is taking it everywhere,
    Can you feel it, can you feel it, can you feel it

All the colors of the world, should be
    Lovin' each other wholeheartedly !
    Yes, it's all right
    Take my message to your brother and tell him twice
    Take the news to the police
    ..who are killing their brothers, when death won't do!

Cause we're all the same, yes the blood inside of me is inside you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

None in Ireland was though was there? The biggest protest for Hong Kong internationally was in Vancouver which amassed a few hundred people. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Your postings about Hong Kong and China just seem to be scoring partisan points and don't really show an understanding of the situation. (Your comparison with tiananmen square earlier)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Spoiler: He won't go.

Yeah I dont think Trump will show up to Floyds funeral, it could cause unrest. It will be a massive funeral and a major tv event though so he wont like Biden being there when he cant be. Tantrums will be incoming.

There’s still huge crowds in Los Angeles. Many thousands of people.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1268359906958151681?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

splinter65 wrote: »
    Your lost foxy. Do you agree that some of the white wealthy protestors are trying to boss the black protestors because they are either afraid of them or because they are afraid not to be seen as woke? That’s what my post was about.

White protesters there were doing to that one black woman exactly what some posters here have been doing all day to the opinions of hundreds of thousands of black people protesting.

They were wrong in the video and they are wrong in this thread. You used the term ****, which I wont argue with.

If you don't agree with that then you are a complete hypocrite, like I already pointed out.

Another cold blooded murder by law and order

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1268336919236284421?s=21

Circumstances suggest the man was caught planning to loot, with a hammer on his waist. The problem is when officers arrived he kneeled and put his hands up above his waist.

The officer shot 5 rounds at him through his own windshield to murder the man who froze for law enforcement.

“Hands up, don’t shoot.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

There’s still huge crowds in Los Angeles. Many thousands of people.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1268359906958151681?s=21

Unrelated and off topic, but there was a 5.5 magnitude earthquake in California not too long ago. Felt it here. At this stage I would not be shocked if 2020 gave us the big one on top of all the rest of the turmoil so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement