Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,704 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Unrelated and off topic, but there was a 5.5 magnitude earthquake in California not too long ago. Felt it here. At this stage I would not be shocked if 2020 gave us the big one on top of all the rest of the turmoil so far.

It's not been a great year. I wouldn't be surprised if yellowstone blew.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Does anyone know if anymore cheescake was stolen overnight in America by the peaceful protestors out honouring the life of George Floyd?

I heard the protestors in London targetted a pavlova , but police were able to stop them.

As the dust starts to settle, we will all be left with our memories, near everyone will remember the image of George Floyd lying on the ground incapacitated by that nut job. Others will remember climbing through the Gucci window in NY to grab some handbags, some will remember their smash and grab raid on their local liquor stores, some will remember walking up behind a police officer and shooting him in the head, some will remember driving in their car and letting off some rounds hitting multiple police officers, some will remember trying to organise a protest in Eyre Sq for issues in a Democrat controlled city 5000 miles away, some will even remember shooting dead a 77 year old who was trying to protect his friends business, and yes some will remember walking out of a restauraunt with a fully baked cheescake in the midst of a riot... who can forget that.

But these are just collective memories, more tangible momentos will be less common. Yes the stolen Gucci bag, stolen TV will last a while, the stolen drink may already be gone but some newly acquired personal assets carried over from the George Floyd protests will last even longer and leave an even more indelible mark. One such thing is GUNS.

All the people in America, most of them liberal and Democrats who have newly acquired a firearm, applied for a firearm permit and signed up for courses on their use and right to carry will forever carry that with them. The fear that drove them to make this decision against their principles, the realisation of why they did it, who made them do it, and how they feel about law and order for the next election cycle. The Second Amendment has never looked stronger.

Some gun shops in America are having to switch to a by appointment only model, business is so good customers (mostly new customer driven) have to phone ahead to get a slot. And many, yes many liberals are contacting their friends from a different political persuasion (that is if they are still talking to them) who do own guns and asking them how to go about stocking up, getting trained and advice.

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Unrelated and off topic, but there was a 5.5 magnitude earthquake in California not too long ago. Felt it here. At this stage I would not be shocked if 2020 gave us the big one on top of all the rest of the turmoil so far.

I heard CNN have spoken to a whistleblower who is willing to testify Donald Trump was seen standing on the San Andreas Fault wrapped in the Russian flag with a bible in one hand whilst tweeting with the other...suck on this Nancy Pelosi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,704 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

More law and order

https://twitter.com/onfade_/status/1267594185252704257?s=21

https://twitter.com/barkerlab/status/1268406933725184006?s=21

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1266752393556918273?s=21

https://twitter.com/mara_cato1/status/1268269186314375170?s=21

https://twitter.com/fatandblasted/status/1268281839506075650?s=21

https://twitter.com/benpassikoff/status/1268405131206438914?s=21

In Huntsville tonight they started tear gassing a peaceful protest that the PD claimed was an hour past their permit. So anyway all hell broke loose. They shot a child clean through their leg from the NSFW content I saw.

Many of the “rubber” rounds vary. Some are bean bag style, direct fire. Others are being misapplied and look like baby tank shells. They are designed to be indirectly fired toward the ground to bounce and spin through a crowd to slow movement. Some officers, clearly poorly trained if not malicious, are firing these rounds straight at people often in close range.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Here's a list someone has compiled of videos/reports of incidents of police brutality during the last week or so and some of them are pretty horrific. The most shocking to me was the police officer who placed a weapon in a man's hand (who was already subdued) only to start to beat him mercilessly so that he'd let go of that weapon.

The response of the police to a lot of incidents (or non-incidents) has been terrifying. The "Us vs. Them" attitude that a lot of them seem to have is bizarre and huge numbers of them seem to get off on firing into crowds or at random peaceful bystanders. There was one incident of a police officer randomly attacking a parked car on a near empty street.
    I don't condone the looting or the violence in some of the protests, but it's weird that some posters here seem to hold supposedly highly trained members of the police force to an equal standard as common thugs in order to justify their violence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Peaceful protesters in London, chasing in packs and attacking police.

https://twitter.com/Michael_Heaver/status/1268281551462248449

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That parked car was resisting arrest, it deserved it.

Not the brightest bunch these police lads. Just like smashing things. Be it human or car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Jaysus your a blast from the past.

Never expected this username back after your holocaust denial antics a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Disgusting.

From the video of the person recording:

"I'll sick your mom".

Fcuking scumbag.

Why are they rioting in London. The incident to George happened in America. In England, once someone from outside the EU or the UK, has the paperwork or the residency stuff down, aren't black people given the same rights and conditions and open to opportunities as everyone else?

I saw a comment on Facebook on the Liberal.ie page, that was made reporting on these riots and the comment was
    "until black life's matter, nobody else's lifes matter". It was a real bullying type of statement to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Overheal wrote: »

Maybe they're sick and tired of scumbags smashing up their city .Just as well the officers are black , could you imagine the outrage if they were white ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,526 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

owlbethere wrote: »
    In England, once someone from outside the EU or the UK, has the paperwork or the residency stuff down, aren't black people given the same rights and conditions and open to opportunities as everyone else?
    Lord bless your innocence! Have you asked any black people in England whether they think this is so?

Disgusting.

From the video of the person recording:

"I'll sick your mom".

Fcuking scumbag.

Why are they rioting in London. The incident to George happened in America. In England, once someone from outside the EU or the UK, has the paperwork or the residency stuff down, aren't black people given the same rights and conditions and open to opportunities as everyone else?

I saw a comment on Facebook on the Liberal.ie page, that was made reporting on these riots and the comment was
    "until black life's matter, nobody else's lifes matter". It was a real bullying type of statement to make.

What you are touching on there is the concept of "Does equal oppurtunity translate into equal outcome ?"

Trevor Philips the black academic and founding chair of the Equality and Human Rights Commission asked that very same question .
    To paraphrase he asked why do Asian children from socially deprived backgrounds do far better than black people from equally socially deprived backgrounds. Trevor Philips, the black man was accussed of racism for even asking this question.

So as you can see no one , not even a black person can raise the question of equal oppurtunity- equal outcome and the whys, whats and wherefores around that.
    It wouldnt fit the medias race-baiting ratings race to the bottom, and most liberals have neither the education, critical thinking nor lexicon to even discuss such a concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why are they rioting in London. The incident to George happened in America.

Because systemic racism isn't confined to the United States. Is that so difficult to comprehend?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭overkill602

from the video footage there are whites shown in all the protests but mainly if not all blacks doing the looting sorry about the mans death but the violence that has followed will not help there cause am sure they will stand out with all the new gear they have acquired
    disagree with outside american stuff

I hear Joe "if you are black and vote for TRump then your not black" Biden will be attending George Floyds funeral.

please please please give him the mic .. as Lionel Shriver calls him, the only man who interrupts himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Nermal

https://twitter.com/UKStreetCrime1/status/1268246536481312771

Within sight of the Cenotaph.

Could there be a starker contrast in one shot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

Because systemic racism isn't confined to the United States. Is that so difficult to comprehend?

How is systemic racism happening in England when coloured people are open to the same working and educational and living opportunities as everyone else thare? I don't see English cops going around kneeling down on top of black people.

Are they not capable of peaceful protesting?
    How beneficial is wording of "I'll suck your mom" to their movement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,052 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

RIGOLO wrote: »
    I hear Joe "if you are black and vote for TRump then your not black" Biden will be attending George Floyds funeral.

please please please give him the mic .. as Lionel Shriver calls him, the only man who interrupts himself.
    God i hope so.
    He's gonna beat joe biden! (sic)

You know he's had a lifelong stutter right? Considering that, he actually speaks very well. Only imbeciles and hideous people find humour in other people's disabilities. Which one are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

How is systemic racism happening in England when coloured people are open to the same working and educational and living opportunities as everyone else thare? I don't see English cops going around kneeling down on top of black people.

Some people love being victims .

You do realise that just because someone is given an opportunity by law doesn't mean it happens in reality right? Which black acquaintance in England did you consult to confirm your theory?

The fact that you're offended by a childish jibe like "I'll suck your mom" speaks to your level of maturity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Two words, Windrush scandal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

You know he's had a lifelong stutter right? Considering that, he actually speaks very well. Only imbeciles and hideous people find humour in other people's disabilities. Which one are you?

People are not mocking the stutter, it's not really that difficult to comprehend.

Doff wrote: »
    People are not mocking the stutter, it's not really that difficult to comprehend.

Exactly ....
    it is for some though ...

Doff wrote: »

Sure they're not. I guess saying he has dementia isn't mocking either.

Did you watch his speech the other night? More articulate and presidential than anything Trump has ever said. He also doesn't need a teleprompter in order to speak coherently. That doesn't fit your sad little narrative though does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭circadian

ELM327 wrote: »
    bawaaaaaaahhhhaaaa

Delighted for them
    It's ILLEGAL to organize mass gatherings.

People are not allowed go to funerals of loved ones. Mixed families and extended families (and single parents) are not seeing kids that are outside the 5m/20km limits.

Yet you want to assemble to protest something in another country?

Seems to me they had an idea, then had a discussion and decided the best course of action. Seems completely rational to me, especially compared to those protesting the lockdown.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    Lord bless your innocence! Have you asked any black people in England whether they think this is so?

https://twitter.com/ronkelawal/status/1268291212580134913?s=19

Here's one that felt he had leave Britain to make a career for himself. But owlbethere the expert thinks he knows better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

https://twitter.com/ronkelawal/status/1268291212580134913?s=19

Here's one that felt he had leave Britain to make a career for himself. But owlbethere the expert thinks he knows better.

He's an actor, it's a pretty unique and niche career and really not at all odd that he had to leave the UK to greater his chance at success. It's not like he was in middle management is it??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement