Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

gary550 wrote: »
    He's an actor, it's a pretty unique and niche career and really not at all odd that he had to leave the UK to greater his chance at success. It's not like he was in middle management is it??

"coloured people are open to the same working and educational and living opportunities as everyone else thare" was the post. Nothing about specific careers. I posted a link that refutes his statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

You do realise that just because someone is given an opportunity by law doesn't mean it happens in reality right? Which black acquaintance in England did you consult to confirm your theory?

The fact that you're offended by a childish jibe like "I'll suck your mom" speaks to your level of maturity.

I'm not the one talking about sucking other peoples mothers for a blacklifesmatter movement. It's disgusting talk.

owlbethere wrote: »
    I'm not the one talking about sucking other peoples mothers for a blacklifesmatter movement. It's disgusting talk.

No, you're the one focussing on one person's childish comment and letting it define the movement. If you want to engage in intelligent debate, you'll have to do better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

But not nearly as disgusting as the thing that is being protested against. Bit of perspective, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Take a few incidents of a protest and then start making them a huge issue as if you're trying paint everyone or the whole movement as disgusting? Seems logical!!!

It's like if you had an election one party wins 96/97% of vote the other party with its 3/4% yet you want it to have the louder voice because they back up your own opinion.

It doesn't work that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The police really need to stop killing people, it's not a good look! What a messed up situation with all those guns and fear.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/vallejo-police-shoot-kill-22-year-old-san-francisco-man-after-mistaking-hammer-for-gun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Peregrinus wrote: »
    But not nearly as disgusting as the thing that is being protested against. Bit of perspective, please.

I dunno causing mass damage mass looting, brutal beatings and attacks on white people, mass gatherings in the middle of a pandemic.... ya thats right covid 19 doesnt just pause for BLM... hows ur perspective doing?

Take a few incidents of a protest and then start making them a huge issue as if you're trying paint everyone or the whole movement as disgusting? Seems logical!!!

It's like if you had an election one party wins 96/97% of vote the other party with its 3/4% yet you want it to have the louder voice because they back up your own opinion.

It doesn't work that way.

Where did I call the whole movement disgusting?

One man in London videos scenes of their protest with a riot breaking out shouting 'I will suck your mother'. How does that add value to their cause? It's hardly productive.

what do we want?
    Suck your mother
    when do we want it
    Now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

One man in London videos scenes of their protest with a riot breaking out shouting 'I will suck your mother'. How does that add value to their cause? It's hardly productive.

what do we want?
    Suck your mother
    when do we want it
    Now

I believe the slang is "suck yo mum " and then slight pause and add "pussio" to the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

How is systemic racism happening in England when coloured people are open to the same working and educational and living opportunities as everyone else thare? I don't see English cops going around kneeling down on top of black people.

Are they not capable of peaceful protesting?
    How beneficial is wording of "I'll suck your mom" to their movement?

Its bull**** the likes of people complaining in the UK or here are simply attention seeking band wagoners, you couldnt be more privileged in this country we ve basically free education all the way up to masters here.And very little racism let alone systematic racism.

The thing that sickens me more than whats being protested is the virtue signalers, worldwide they are some of the most ridiculous people and jump from issue to issue and blindly follow the masses right or wrong just to get the auld signal going!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

Did you watch his speech the other night? More articulate and presidential than anything Trump has ever said. He also doesn't need a teleprompter in order to speak coherently. That doesn't fit your sad little narrative though does it.

So I guess you didnt connect to Joes bumpling effort thru a virtual town hall during the lockdown.

His organisation couldnt organise a ZOOM meeting, but want you to vote for him for President of the largest economy in the world.
    Joe Biden’s first virtual town hall was an absolute technical nightmare

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/14/21179466/joe-biden-virtual-town-hall-audio-bernie-sanders-illinois-dick-durbin-nightmare

Academics and liberals , more concerend with elocution than election ....

what do we want?
    Suck your mother
    when do we want it
    Now

The only talking point of a protest you are bringing up, is they said bad things about "yo momma"..

Gimme a handkerchief I'll shed a tear or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    I believe the slang is "suck yo mum " and then slight pause and add "pussio" to the end.

Oooooh Matron!

400 young black people stormed the White House in October of 2019.
    Anyone protest about that...
    President Donald Trump embraced over 400 incredible young black leaders and spoke directly with them at the White House during Turning Point USA's Black Leadership Summit in Washington DC!

Joe Biden , the new 77 year old male white hope for the young progessive multi-cultural Democrat voter, would say these people are not black as they support Trump.

You can judge for yourself. I watch this video regularly, love the energy .

A great representation of positive energy from the young black community.

This positive story was missed by main stream media and academia on the day . they were busy at a conference on Race-baiting for the Impressionable Identity Politics Expresso drinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Overheal wrote: »
    I’m still not seeing where I said he tweeted from the bunker? I know what I said and I stand by what I said. Because that’s what we heard him say today, to Fox’s Brian Kilmeade, that he went to the bunker for “inspection.” I said, what a comedian, because I think that’s a funny way to describe cowering in a bunker while the country was calling for the president to address his nation. Myself included. Fact check me there too.

I’m not sure why this is hard for you to grasp but perhaps you should just drop it.

You attempted to make it sound as if Trump cowered to his bunker, going off a well-propagated rumor that claimed to be Trump, which of course you were happy to go along with. It was fact-checked and proven to be false. I know your post count per day has been somewhat erratic but no matter how many posts you place on this thread, your error cannot be buried.

I understand that this may be difficult for you to comprehend but perhaps you should learn to admit when you have made a mistake. Attempting to drag it out in a deliberate attempt to disguise your error, hoping I'd let it go. It seems to be a common tactic of yours. An observation of course.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So I guess you didnt connect to Joes bumpling effort thru a virtual town hall during the lockdown.

His organisation couldnt organise a ZOOM meeting, but want you to vote for him for President of the largest economy in the world.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/14/21179466/joe-biden-virtual-town-hall-audio-bernie-sanders-illinois-dick-durbin-nightmare

Academics and liberals , more concerend with elocution than election ....

I referred to his speech on Tuesday, not any technical difficulties in an unrelated event. Typical deflection from a Trump supporter. And being articulate isn't about "elocution", it's about your getting your message across in a comprehensible way. And the message Biden had was one of unity and leadership. The opposite of your dear leader, who is too busy gassing his citizens and fanning the flames instead of trying to quell them.

You attempted to make it sound as if Trump cowered to his bunker, going off a well-propagated rumor that claimed to be Trump, which of course you were happy to go along with. It was fact-checked and proven to be false.

"Fact-checked " lol - he lied and pretended he was "inspecting" it to save face. Gullible fools will believe anything he says of course.

I referred to his speech on Tuesday, not any technical difficulties in an unrelated event. Typical deflection from a Trump supporter. And being articulate isn't about "elocution", it's about your getting your message across in a comprehensible way. And the message Biden had was one of unity and leadership. The opposite of your dear leader, who is too busy gassing his citizens and fanning the flames instead of trying to quell them.

Joe " If your black and vote for TRump , your not black " ... very unifying.

That really is a perverse world ye liberals (in the modern sense) occupy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Why are high end stores leaving their shops fully stocked with no private security?

Are they hoping to get looted so they can get a big insurance payout on all the stock they were unable to sell during the lockdown?

Just seems so stupid that they have all the products on full display when then know there is so much looting going on

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Joe " If your black and vote for TRump , your not black " ... very unifying.

That really is a perverse world ye liberals (in the modern sense) occupy.

Can you post the part of the speech where he said this? More deflection. You're unable to argue, you just deflect and spout nonsense like a brainwashed minion. Seeing that you're so fond of quotes, remember when Trump said that Americans Jews who voted Democrat showed "either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty." Sounds a lot like "if you're Jewish and vote Democrat, you're not Jewish" doesn't it?

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why are high end stores leaving their shops fully stocked with no private security?

Are they hoping to get looted so they can get a big insurance payout on all the stock they were unable to sell during the lockdown?

Just seems so stupid that they have all the products on full display when then know there is so much looting going on

Because predominantly their management forgot they operate in Democrat controlled cities with Democrat govenors,mayors and AGs and with a majority Democrat voter base.
    So whilst normal thinking would expect the police could go out and protect private business property, in those cities they police have to go out and take a knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Can you post the part of the speech where he said this? More deflection. You're unable to argue, you just deflect and spout nonsense like a brainwashed minion. Seeing that you're so fond of quotes, remember when Trump said that Americans Jews who voted Democrat showed "either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty." Sounds a lot like "if you're Jewish and vote Democrat, you're not Jewish" doesn't it?
    It's on video.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden-black-voters-considering-trump/

Tasfasdf wrote: »

Good to know. owlbethere seems so obsessed with it, at least he'll be able use the term correctly now.

ELM327 wrote: »

Sweet jesus, in my post I was talking about his speech on Tuesday. What is it with Trump supporters and their difficulties with comprehension.

Cupatae wrote: »
    Its bull**** the likes of people complaining in the UK or here are simply attention seeking band wagoners, you couldnt be more privileged in this country we ve basically free education all the way up to masters here.And very little racism let alone systematic racism.

The thing that sickens me more than whats being protested is the virtue signalers, worldwide they are some of the most ridiculous people and jump from issue to issue and blindly follow the masses right or wrong just to get the auld signal going!

Spot on, for sure.

Sweet jesus, in my post I was talking about his speech on Tuesday. What is it with Trump supporters and their difficulties with comprehension.

But I never said Biden said it in his speech on Tuesday.
    I just simply said Biden has stated this, whihc he has as someone else posted.
    Its you that got all cock a hoop asking me to point out where Biden said it on Tuesday.

The logic of liberals these days, they sound like that character Wellington Wimpy in the old Popeye cartoons who used say " I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" only with the liberals its sort of in reverse .. "if he didnt say it last Tuesday then he didnt say it "

Spot on, for sure.

"As well as those who were wrongly deported, an unknown number were wrongly detained, lost their jobs or homes, or were denied benefits or medical care to which they were entitled.[3] A number of long-term UK residents were wrongly refused re-entry to the UK, and a larger number were threatened with immediate deportation by the Home Office".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windrush_scandal

Want to give us your thoughts on how British citizens were denied their rights of housing, benefits, jobs etc is spot on? This didn't happen decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Cupatae wrote: »

The mind-reading abilities of you cynical types always astound me.

And actually you find this "virtue-signalling" more offensive than the actual subject of the protests? What a warped mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Few unsavoury videos floating about on WhatsApp today of George Floyd.

Are they legit ? Was he really in the adult entertainment industry ?

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Few unsavoury videos floating about on WhatsApp today of George Floyd.

Are they legit ? Was he really in the adult entertainment industry ?

It's a legitimate industry to work in, what's the problem?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement