Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Granadino wrote: »
    Did anyone see the video by Candice Owens, a black conservative in the US?

That the same wan who was spreading conspiracy theories about CoVid-19

• Registered Users Posts: 82,763 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

BluePlanet wrote: »
    In this account a protester was shot by a 'less lethal' round and in convulsions.
    People appealed for help and the cops said to bring him over to their lines.
    While doing so other cops i suspect, fired on them.
    These are war crimes.

Ppl the world over are witnessing the jack boot of american fascism and are horrified.
    I don't know what's going to happen but USA will never be the same.

https://twitter.com/doreenrenee/status/1267547979562602497

The video is one reply above in the tweet thread.

Enraging.

This is why they protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Granadino wrote: »
    Did anyone see the video by Candice Owens, a black conservative in the US?
    No she's on perma ignore.
    She makes a living parroting right-wing racist tropes against her own community and is roundly condemned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Nermal

Theyre British citizens.. How do you go about implementing "immigration" controls on your own citizens?

Were they targeted based on their race or not?

You made the assertion they were; you presented it as evidence that the UK was an institutionally racist country.

Back up your statement. Find me the government document that targets people based on their race.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    That the same wan who was spreading conspiracy theories about CoVid-19

First I heard of her was the video I saw earlier. She looks like a black version of a preppy conservative Trump voter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

JJayoo wrote: »
    Why are high end stores leaving their shops fully stocked with no private security?

Are they hoping to get looted so they can get a big insurance payout on all the stock they were unable to sell during the lockdown?

Just seems so stupid that they have all the products on full display when then know there is so much looting going on

So , blame the store owners for the fact they were looted !!

Are you serious ?

I've heard of deflecting blame , but this takes the biscuit .

Black Lives Matter in smoke screen mode .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

All Trump needs to do is address the nation and ask for calm not roll out threats over twitter.
    His photo op, where he's holding the bible outside the church was a really bad PR idea. It shows how detached his administration is from reality IMO.

People should be asking for the murders by cop to end ahead of the riots.

Bowie wrote: »
    All Trump needs to do is address the nation and ask for calm not roll out threats over twitter.
    His photo op, where he's holding the bible outside the church was a really bad PR idea. It shows how detached his administration is from reality IMO.

So there's no chance of him being re-elected ?

Biden a shoe in ?

Anybody seen / heard Nancy and co lately ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

No she's on perma ignore.
    She makes a living parroting right-wing racist tropes against her own community and is roundly condemned.

Translation: I ignore black people I'm told to ignore because it might cause me cognitive dissonance. You should too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

In this account a protester was shot by a 'less lethal' round and in convulsions.
    People appealed for help and the cops said to bring him over to their lines.
    While doing so other cops i suspect, fired on them.
    These are war crimes.

Ppl the world over are witnessing the jack boot of american fascism and are horrified.
    I don't know what's going to happen but USA will never be the same.

https://twitter.com/doreenrenee/status/1267547979562602497

IMHO Nope. If the Israeli's can shoot protesting kids in the head without much protest from the media or US populace, then America can weather the storm of a few adults getting clipped. Especially given US police being sent to Israel for training, then this is the direction US wants to go, I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

THE_SHEEP wrote: »

Biden a shoe in ?

Hold your horses there chief. I think the Democrats are too right wing and Biden is an example of what's wrong with the Democratic party.
    Either way what Biden says or does has no bearing and does not excuse Trump's unhinged and erratic approach to leadership.
    If all you can do in defence of Trump is to lash out elsewhere, you've got a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Bat**** crazy twitter profile, and not sure how legit this video is or when it's from

https://twitter.com/AlexLunaViewof1/status/1268461219553456129

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Nermal wrote: »

You made the assertion they were; you presented it as evidence that the UK was an institutionally racist country.

Back up your statement. Find me the government document that targets people based on their race.

Do you want me to provide a document that states "We are being racist"? You know it doesn't work like that.

All documentation is in the wiki link.

Biden a shoe in ?

Yes, Nancy actually knew how to crack the spine on a bible and quote verse from it.

IMHO Nope. If the Israeli's can shoot protesting kids in the head without much protest from the media or US populace, then America can weather the storm of a few adults getting clipped. Especially given US police being sent to Israel for training, then this is the direction US wants to go, I guess.

Because it's against the law to protest Israel...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Anti-Boycott_Act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Nermal wrote: »

You're trying to argue with logic, reason and facts. The game has changed. Now subjective experience is all that matters.

Voices of those with which they agree are amplified and voices with which they disagree are silenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

The POTUS Bunker.That must be some bunker has he shown any pics from the inside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Not likely. The big cities are where blacks live and where the white supremacist police violence occurs.
    Already we see State Senators drafting bills to de-fund and reform the police.

Once upon a time it was Irish that were on the receiving end of police racial profiling, eventually the Irish became the police. Today this watershed moment will likely see the police de-toothed.

Notice the absence of videos of looting and the dominance of videos of police brutality? Events on the ground write the narrative despite main stream media bias.
    The police have lost the confidence and consent of the communities they are sworn to 'protect and serve'.

It's a fatal lapse on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,597 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

People should be asking for the murders by cop to end ahead of the riots.

If Trump was 10% less egotistical, he would have been pretty much able to guarantee his re-election in November.

Express sympathy for the people suffering with Covid-19, step back and leave it to Fauchi to do press conferences, wear a mask and advocate for best practice.

Express condolences with family of George Floyd, acknowledge the progress in race relations but highlight the continued efforts needed and then invite community leaders and black representatives to be part of a committee on continued engagement which the next administration would work on.

He simply couldn't do either of these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Overheal wrote: »
    Because it's against the law to protest Israel...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Anti-Boycott_Act

More evidence of the US guilt about not intervening sooner to stopping the holocaust...The Allies knew about the camps at least 2 years before they liberated them...Sorry to go off topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

lol?? You use tik tok don't you.

The burden of proof is on you now to prove the lie you believed. Don't base it on emotions or your feelings. Give me facts and provide a source. Maybe go to a mindfulness class or finger paint. What ever-useful idiots do.

Mod: @1800_Ladladlad - don't post in the thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Red for Danger

You'd think trump would make more of position by showing the world all the gadgets and lifestyle etc he has. It would make an amazing cribs. Supprised he hasnt show what life inside the bunker is like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You'd think trump would make more of position by shown the world all the gadgets and lifestyle etc he has. It would make an amazing cribs. Supprised he hasnt show what life inside the bunker is like

I was almost going to say that would be too tacky, but I'm awake now and apologise.

Hold your horses there chief. I think the Democrats are too right wing and Biden is an example of what's wrong with the Democratic party.
    Either way what Biden says or does has no bearing and does not excuse Trump's unhinged and erratic approach to leadership.
    If all you can do in defence of Trump is to lash out elsewhere, you've got a problem.

Not lashing out at anybody , friend .

Just asking a simple question .

Do you think Trump will be re - elected ?

( Seeing in as in some quarters , he's basically being betrayed as " Lucifer in human form " ) .

( Seeing in as in some quarters , he's basically being betrayed as " Lucifer in human form " ) .

Portrayed*

My we have a theme going here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Maggie Thatcher was hated even more, she got voted in for a total of 11 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,597 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

( Seeing in as in some quarters , he's basically bring betrayed as " Lucifer in human form " ) .

You didn't ask me, but I will give my take.
    No, at this point I do not think he will be re-elected.

Right up until the time when he spoke about disinfectant, I thought he still would win, but that, and now this, I think has lost him any advantage.

Not so much because of what has happened, but how he has handled it. For example, when several prominent military current or former leaders are clarifying that his advocacy for military force against the citizens is wrong, I think this will motivate most people to get rid of him. That being said, I don't think that it will be by any great margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

No wonder democrats in the US and our mainstream media hates Candice Owens...

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

You can't paint over minutes of video/audio evidence that resulted in the murder of George.

You would be amazed at how easy a jury is swayed.In a long drawn out court case facts are forgotten. This isn't me having a go at any side.

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    No wonder democrats in the US and our mainstream media hates Candice Owens...

tldr poor confused woman is victim blaming george floyd

A liberal who decided to become an anti-democrat after she was called out for her bull**** years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement