Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Overheal wrote: »
    Portrayed*

My we have a theme going here

Apologies , my typo .

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Onesea wrote: »
    You would be amazed at how easy a jury is swayed.In a long drawn out court case facts are forgotten. This isn't me having a go at any side.

facts can be forgotten but it is very hard to change how a piece of evidence makes a juror feel. and watching the full 9 minutes of floyd dying will make a profound impression on a juror.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Nermal

Do you want me to provide a document that states "We are being racist"? You know it doesn't work like that.

That's funny, because I can provide examples of UK state entities actually being racist, that are specifically allowed under the Equalities Act. They're not examples you will like though, are they?

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsbeat/status/953602152311803905

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭Odhinn

facts can be forgotten but it is very hard to change how a piece of evidence makes a juror feel. and watching the full 9 minutes of floyd dying will make a profound impression on a juror.

Depends on the Jury. The first trial of cops for beating the shite out of Rodney King let all four walk. They had to have federal charges to get two convictions later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

tldr poor confused woman is victim blaming george floyd

A liberal who decided to become an anti-democrat after she was called out for her bull**** years ago.

Smear her character instead of her arguments. Some might call that racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

notobtuse wrote: »
    No wonder democrats in the US and our mainstream media hates Candice Owens...

It's probably because she's an attention seeking sociopath.

2u2me wrote: »
    Smear her character i............

Fair enough
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candace_Owens#Race_relations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

The fact that so many right leaning individuals are skeptical of everything they see in the MSM but fully willing to listen to fallacious nonsense from demagogues like Candance Owen is a puzzler for me.

It reminds me of Dale Gribble from King of the Hill who believes every conspiracy theory going but is oblivious to his wife cheating on him in plain sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Here's a list someone has compiled of videos/reports of incidents of police brutality during the last week or so and some of them are pretty horrific. The most shocking to me was the police officer who placed a weapon in a man's hand (who was already subdued) only to start to beat him mercilessly so that he'd let go of that weapon.

The response of the police to a lot of incidents (or non-incidents) has been terrifying. The "Us vs. Them" attitude that a lot of them seem to have is bizarre and huge numbers of them seem to get off on firing into crowds or at random peaceful bystanders. There was one incident of a police officer randomly attacking a parked car on a near empty street.
    I don't condone the looting or the violence in some of the protests, but it's weird that some posters here seem to hold supposedly highly trained members of the police force to an equal standard as common thugs in order to justify their violence.

yeah must say Ive been pretty astonished at the blatant police brutality that has being going on over there. What amazes me is they know everyone has a smartphone and its going to get put up online but they go ahead and do it anyway. It suggests to me this behaviour by police in the US is the norm and they know they wont be disciplined or held accountable for it. It seems short of murdering someone a copper over there can do whatever they please. Not saying they are all at it because they're not but those who are that way inclined certainly seem to act with impunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

As Idiotic as this police officer may have been, in his heavy handedness in restraining this poor guy , he's still entitled to his day in court , presumption of innocence and due process .

It's great that there is a judge and jury , and not some " Mob trial " ( as some would prefer ) .

Surely , Black Lives Matter and their supporters would be opposed to a lynching ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,756 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Smear her character instead of her arguments. Some might call that racist.

Actually I was smearing her argument but go ahead and don't let that stop you from the hollow virtue signaling.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah must say Ive been pretty astonished at the blatant police brutality that has being going on over there. What amazes me is they know everyone has a smartphone and its going to get put up online but they go ahead and do it anyway. It suggests to me this behaviour by police in the US is the norm and they know they wont be disciplined or held accountable for it. It seems short of murdering someone a copper over there can do whatever they please. Not saying they are all at it because they're not but those who are that way inclined certainly seem to act with impunity.

Because they won't be. Qualified Immunity means that unless the courts have already explicitly ruled, in a court case, elsewhere, that shooting a peaceful protester in the face with a tear gas canister is a violation of their civil rights, then the cop walks. Even if they find a court case that showed a cop doesn't have the right to shoot someone in the face with a bean bag round, even if the victim in that case was in the exact same circumstances of kneeling/peacefully protesting etc. it wouldn't matter: QI means it would have to have been *specifically* about a teargas round, for instance.

Fortunately the SCOTUS has several Qualified Immunity cases on the docket that 4 justices can vote to put on the schedule. However, that still means any decision wouldn't be swift, and could take months if not longer.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/police-immunity-rule-fresh-supreme-court-george-floyd/story?id=71044230

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Three fake Police Officers arrested in France while attempting to document a fake racist incident
    https://actu17.fr/3-faux-policiers-arretes-a-paris-ils-sappretaient-a-proceder-a-une-interpellation-raciste-pour-un-tournage-sauvage/

Three fake police officers have been arrested in France while attempting to film and distribute a simulated racist incident. A director and cameraman involved in creating the footage are also being investigated. Some real police officers noticed their suspicious activity.
    Dressed in real police uniform, the fake police officers were filmed arriving at the scene of a robbery at a shop where they ignored the thief — a white man — but instead arrested an innocent black bystander for the robbery.
    The fake police officers have admitted during hearings that they wished to use the film to to directly implicate the French police for racist behaviour.
    The director, who has an account on Instagram and is followed by nearly 80,000 people, had already shared some of the footage on his account.

Odhinn wrote: »

What about Jussie Smollett? I guess he's just a fine upstanding member of the population.

According to Katheryn Russell-Brown racial hoaxes against African Americans are most likely to receive media attention and create a more acute social problem.

The left to this day are unwilling to admit that Smollett hoaxed everybody.

"Hate Crime Hoax: How the Left is Selling a Fake Race War "

Take a read of this; you might learn that Smollett is much more dangerous than Owens.
    We're not experiencing an epidemic of hate crimes, Reilly concludes—but we might be experiencing an unprecented epidemic of hate crime hoaxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    As Idiotic as this police officer may have been, in his heavy handedness in restraining this poor guy , he's still entitled to his day in court , presumption of innocence and due process .

It's great that there is a judge and jury , and not some " Mob trial " ( as some would prefer ) .

Surely , Black Lives Matter and their supporters would be opposed to a lynching ?

can you point to anything in my post that suggests otherwise? away with your strawman ****e

What about Jussie Smollett? I guess he's just a fine upstanding member of the population.

According to Katheryn Russell-Brown racial hoaxes against African Americans are most likely to receive media attention and create a more acute social problem.

Take a read of this; you might learn that Smollett is much more dangerous than Owens.

This is bogus. Everyone knows what Smollet did.

Three fake Police Officers arrested in France while attempting to document a fake racist incident
    https://actu17.fr/3-faux-policiers-arretes-a-paris-ils-sappretaient-a-proceder-a-une-interpellation-raciste-pour-un-tournage-sauvage/

Three fake police officers have been arrested in France while attempting to film and distribute a simulated racist incident. A director and cameraman involved in creating the footage are also being investigated. Some real police officers noticed their suspicious activity.
    Dressed in real police uniform, the fake police officers were filmed arriving at the scene of a robbery at a shop where they ignored the thief — a white man — but instead arrested an innocent black bystander for the robbery.
    The fake police officers have admitted during hearings that they wished to use the film to to directly implicate the French police for racist behaviour.
    The director, who has an account on Instagram and is followed by nearly 80,000 people, had already shared some of the footage on his account.

Whats that to do with this thread?

(..............)

So - just to be clear - you're trying to imply this case of George Floyd is "fake"?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Wrong

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/27/jussie-smollett-case-stephen-colbert-jimmy-kimmel-trevor-noah/

Silence Candace, amplify Jussie!

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    So - just to be clear - you're trying to imply this case of George Floyd is "fake"?

Just to be clear, did you read my post?

Silence Candace, amplify Jussie!

Are you done with your fake melodrama?

Are you done with your fake melodrama?

Why is no one looking for Jussie to be silenced like they are Candace?

?

They did. Jussie Smollett was already #Canceled my guy. ****, they even canceled the whole of the Empire show he was on.

Where were you? What is this whataboutism about? Go make a Jussie thread if you are still dying mad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Who cares about either of them? They are not relevant. Neither should be listened to, clearly.

Whataboutery and strawmen, friends of the racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Nermal wrote: »
    That's funny, because I can provide examples of UK state entities actually being racist, that are specifically allowed under the Equalities Act. They're not examples you will like though, are they?

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsbeat/status/953602152311803905

This is hilarious, why wouldn't I like you to prove a point I was saying, you were arguing against it (the windrush wasn't state racism, find me the document), you then run off and prove the point and come back thinking "ha I got you" why because it's racism against whites, it's not racism against blacks?

Just so we're are clear, the best person for the job should get the job. I don't agree with x amount of TD's should be female, it's a case of best person for the job.

No job advertisement should have that racist bullsh!t in it.

?

They did. Jussie Smollett was already #Canceled my guy. ****, they even canceled the whole of the Empire show he was on.

Where were you? What is this whataboutism about? Go make a Jussie thread if you are still dying mad about it.

When I hear statements like
    'Where were you"
    "Are you done"
    "you're trying to imply"
    "You are dying mad about it"
    "who cares"

I know I'm getting the cognitive dissonance going in their heads. Can't argue facts so go on the offensive against the person's character, just like they do to Candace.

'Where were you"

I know I'm getting the cognitive dissonance going in their heads. Can't argue facts so go on the offensive against the person's character, just like they do to Candace.

Let this horse **** speak for itself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

'Where were you"
    "Are you done"
    "you're trying to imply"
    "You are dying mad about it"
    "who cares"

Not one of the things you've put in quotation marks would be going "on the offensive" about your character.

You can tell yourself "you've got the "cognitive dissonance going in their heads" if it makes you feel better, it just doesn't reflect reality.

• Advertisement

Just to be clear, did you read my post?

Yeah. Are you trying to imply this case of George Floyd is "fake"?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement