Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,756 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

there is another one of a police car driving into a crowd of protestors.

Its up there ^.

In none of these videos, despite one very recent inane argument in the thread, are the cops in any imminent danger of being "lynched."

Protesters don't have to go home. Protesting our government is our first amendment right.

walshb wrote: »
    Yeh, blame the cops on it all...

The protesters have nothing to answer for. Just a day out for them, huh.....

Even the toddler on her dad's shoulders in the middle of riots...Blame the cops on that one, eh? What sort of lowlife would put his child in harm's way like that......

But, again, don't blame him.....blame the cops....

This is sick, twisted thinking.

The dad brought his daughter to a peaceful assembly of the public to protest brutality in policing.

But there you go gaslighting them, "how dare those LOWLIFES peaceably assemble!"

You're on ignore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

begbysback wrote: »
    Pretty easy to ask protestors to get off the streets when you're white and living in Ireland.

Translation : "You're probably white - shut up"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

2u2me wrote: »
    Smear her character instead of her arguments. Some might call that racist.

Unsurprising utter hypocrisy here.

You've spent days on this thread attacking the character of protesters instead of their arguments.

Actually, you haven't even been able to attack their character, instead you've tied yourself in knots trying to link them to people the protesters have repeatedly denounced but you continue to connect them based on the colour of their skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Even the toddler on her dad's shoulders in the middle of riots...Blame the cops on that one, eh? What sort of lowlife would put his child in harm's way like that......

I don't think anyone is saying everyone rioting is behaving perfectly well by any stretch, but is it such a mental thought to think the police and president of the United States should be held to a higher standard given their training, chosen professions, and that they are being paid (and quite well at that) to do so?

• Advertisement

Do you feel the same about the parents that brought their kids to protest on Bloody Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Nobody is saying that the people who are looting or attacking cops or people defending their property have nothing to answer for, but some here just said that all police action was in response to a fear for their own lives. It very obviously wasn't.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Unsurprising utter hypocrisy here.

You've spent days on this thread attacking the character of protesters instead of their arguments.

Actually, you haven't even been able to attack their character, instead you've tied yourself in knots trying to link them to people the protesters have repeatedly denounced but you continue to connect them based on the colour of their skin.

I've been attacking their character, or I haven't been able to attack their character? Which is it? And can you please supply proof?

I think you are the one that is tied in knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

can you point to anything in my post that suggests otherwise? away with your strawman ****e

Your post seems to imply , that the showing of a 9 minute video will somehow influence the jury into convicting the police officer .

Therefore , not strawman .

( P.s Sry that my reply to your post has seemingly got you on " tilt " ) .

Do you feel the same about the parents that brought their kids to protest on Bloody Sunday?

Shhhhhh

• Advertisement

I've been attacking their character, or I haven't been able to attack their character? Which is it? And can you please supply proof?

I like how you think you are being clever bolding only select parts of the post that explains why "actually" its the latter.

Overheal wrote: »
    I like how you think you are being clever bolding only select parts of the post that explains why "actually" its the latter.

The clever part is highlighting the two contradictory points in that post. Showing how stunningly worthless that post is. I've notcied it's the type of post you like to 'thank'.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Your post seems to imply , that the showing of a 9 minute video will somehow influence the jury into convicting the police officer .

Therefore , not strawman .

( P.s Sry that my reply to your post has seemingly got you on " tilt " ) .

of course showing a video of a man being murdered will influence the jury in a murder trial. it is evidence. evidence influences juries or it at least should. what actual point are you trying to make?

The clever part is highlighting the two contradictory points in that post. Showing how stunningly worthless that post is. I've notcied it's the type of post you like to 'thank'.

Did you read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It's quite shocking to see society just accept a false narrative like they have. I thought this kind of thing had peaked in 2016 when the Dallas cops were shot and killed but no, there is such an appetite to accept things which are not true.

Most shocking to me though is how there is no outrage at the looting and the violence. The condemnation to it it is very thin on the ground. Seen one video of a store owner get punched in the face for daring to phone the police, and the gang just laughed.

Mainstream media of course are all focused on Donald Trump, as if he did these things, or was happy, or even indifferent, that George was killed but that's not the case at all and even our Government (Leo) today made comments which buy into that false narrative that Trump is somehow the one dividing people.

I blame the mainstream liberal media mostly though as they fueled this from the beginning and continue to do so. I genuinely don't think most of black America know the first thing about what Donald Trump has done for their community or what he feels about black people, as the media underplay such things and barely report on anything positive that he does in that regard, only choosing to amplify that which they can use to smear him and so it's good to see people like Candace Owens, Larry Elder and others try and correct that narrative in some small way.

I know for sure, had the words used in the following clip of President Trump (taken from his Rose Garden address) been spoken by Obama during the 2016 unrest, the MSM would have repeated them over and over again, quoting them every them for weeks, saying how they were just what America needed, but because Donald Trump said them, they were swept aside to make way for the false narrative that he doesn't care about black America and is just dog whistling to white supremacists. In fact, CNN even spliced his address with audio from the protesters so as to undermine and diminish the impact of his words. The truth is that they are the ones dividing America, not the President.

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1268395280749285377

• Registered Users Posts: 55,597 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It’s getting beyond ridiculous now when people cannot see the recklessness of young children being brought to these protests... potential riots and anarchy, and people think that there’s no issue with the wee ones being brought along for the day..

Mind bogglingly reckless...

Anyone bringing children into situations where there is extreme volatility and propensities for danger are horrors in my view..

Shoot me for caring!!

The truth is that they are the ones dividing America, not the President.

Ally or enemy. Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It's quite shocking to see society just accept a false narrative like they have. I thought this kind of thing had peaked in 2016 when the Dallas cops were shot and killed but no, there is such an appetite to accept things which are not true.

Most shocking to me though is how there is no outrage at the looting and the violence. The condemnation to it it is very thin on the ground. Seen one video of a store owner get punched in the face for daring to phone the police, and the gang just laughed.

Mainstream media of course are all focused on Donald Trump, as if he did these things, or was happy, or even indifferent, that George was killed but that's not the case at all and even our Government (Leo) today made comments which buy into that false narrative that Trump is somehow the one dividing people.

I blame the mainstream liberal media mostly though as they fueled this from the beginning and continue to do so. I genuinely don't think most of black America know the first thing about what Donald Trump has done for their community or what he feels about black people, as the media underplay such things and barely report on anything positive that he does in that regard, only choosing to amplify that which they can use to smear him and so it's good to see people like Candace Owens, Larry Elder and others try and correct that narrative in some small way.

I know for sure, had the words used in the following clip of President Trump (taken from his Rose Garden address) been spoken by Obama during the 2016 unrest, the MSM would have repeated them over and over again, quoting them every them for weeks, saying how they were just what America needed, but because Donald Trump said them, they were swept aside to make way for the false narrative that he doesn't care about black America and is just dog whistling to white supremacists. In fact, CNN even spliced his address with audio from the protesters so as to undermine and diminish the impact of his words. The truth is that they are the ones dividing America, not the President.

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/1268395280749285377

Mainstream media this, MSM that....... it's just deflection Pete.

And also lol, at the idea that the media are dividing America more than the guy who went out of his way to talk about 'good people on both sides' after a white supremacist march and is strongly advocating military force against the countries citizens saying that Governors who do not do that are jerks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I blame the mainstream liberal media mostly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well well. Colour me shocked.

• Advertisement

Ally or enemy. Exactly.
    Ah "The Enemy Within" bull**** that the boogaloo trolls want everyone to believe, in order to start a 2nd civil war.

Classy.

Like how you're currently trying to sidetrack here, rather than deal with the arguments of the protesters you've spent your time trying to knock the their character due to sharing the same skin colour as the looters and rioters.

You cry about a poster questioning the character of a single person, while spending days doing the same for hundreds of thousands of protesters. It it utterly hypocritical.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Well well. Colour me shocked.

Why did you mention colour? You could have said you're shocked without mentioning colour.
    Odhinn wrote: »
    Yeah. Are you trying to imply this case of George Floyd is "fake"?

You cry about a poster questioning the character of a single person, while spending days doing the same for hundreds of thousands of protesters. It it utterly hypocritical.

You're completely and utterly wrong. I spent many days trying to figure out the demands of the protestors, especially asking those advocating violence the most.

Their response is the government should sort it out, the protesotrs shouldn't demand it.

So get your facts right and stop spreading ****e in this thread without reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why did you mention colour? You could have said you're shocked without mentioning colour.

colour me shocked is an expression that has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Because it's a common phrase, but you know that, and are continuing with attempts at hollow virtue signaling.

Anyone bringing children into situations where there is extreme volatility and propensities for danger are horrors in my view..

Innocent black people are being shot in their bed by police. There isn't anywhere safe at this point.
    Shoot me for caring!!

Cops will shoot you in the US for less than caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Translation : "You're probably white - shut up"

Well if we are looking to be blunt then I would have gone for, You're white, living in a country where you arent persecuted for the colour of your skin, are probably typing this now with the freedom to say what you want, eating cheese samiches and supping your tea - so shut ta fcuk up

Innocent black people are being shot in their bed by police. There isn't anywhere safe at this point.

Cops will shoot you in the US for less than caring.

I know the world can be dangerous...

I still wouldn’t dream of bringing my children to protest marches where there has been violence and rioting and unrest around..

I’d prefer to limit their chances of being in dangerous environments that I clearly have no need to have them in..

• Advertisement

begbysback wrote: »
    Well if we are looking to be blunt then I would have gone for, You're white, living in a country where you arent persecuted for the colour of your skin, are probably typing this now with the freedom to say what you want, eating cheese samiches and supping your tea - so shut ta fcuk up

So you assumed the poster was white? If they weren't white was their opinion valid?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement