Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,752 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Don't see any Trump supporters out looting and burning

Also if the US cops are so racist and trigger happy why are so many out burning and looting night after night without being shot

No fan of Trump, just saying...…

My experience of American cops is not good but they live in a violent society and face potential injury or death every day. I think many just get hardened to the life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah "The Enemy Within" bull**** that the boogaloo trolls want everyone to believe, in order to start a 2nd civil war.

Classy.

Look who is out on the streets....look who is egging them on.

Look at the party that runs those cities....who were all locked down this time last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,137 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

2u2me wrote: »
    You're completely and utterly wrong. I spent many days trying to figure out the demands of the protestors, especially asking those advocating violence the most.

Their response is the government should sort it out, the protesotrs shouldn't demand it.

Posters, including myself, have spent days explaining on this thread what they are demanding and you refuse to acknowledge it

Here are 8 of the most basic ones (I'm sure you'll either disappear now or deflect):

https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status/1268247211906752514?s=20
    So get your facts right and stop spreading ****e in this thread without reading it.

Even looking back through your posts since complained about people questioning Candice's character, you respond to them by doing the exact same thing you cried about - you attacked a person of colour's character.
    What about Jussie Smollett? I guess he's just a fine upstanding member of the population.

According to Katheryn Russell-Brown racial hoaxes against African Americans are most likely to receive media attention and create a more acute social problem.

The left to this day are unwilling to admit that Smollett hoaxed everybody.

"Hate Crime Hoax: How the Left is Selling a Fake Race War "

Take a read of this; you might learn that Smollett is much more dangerous than Owens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Truthvader wrote: »

Also if the US cops are so racist and trigger happy why are so many out burning and looting night after night without being shot

My experience of American cops is not good but they live in a violent society and face potential injury or death every day. I think many just get hardened to the life.

How do you know the political background of the looters?

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113640372&postcount=5819

Here you go.

Trumpers don't have to riot right now they just have to go to work, where they are getting paid to shoot people. This doesn't mean Charlottesville didn't happen, magically.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Look at the party that runs those cities....who were all locked down this time last week.

look who is egging them on?

Again you're looking to push a civil war narrative that's both farcical and dangerous.

The parties that run these cities still have to negotiate with police unions who are very much supported by, and vote, Republican. So, let's stop pretending this is a "Democrat problem" or even a Republican problem. Stop trying to divide my country thanks.

walshb wrote: »
    I know the world can be dangerous...

I still wouldn’t dream of bringing my children to protest marches where there has been violence and rioting and unrest around..

I’d prefer to limit their chances of being in dangerous environments that I clearly have no need to have them in..

I don't think you know.

I don't believe you have ever feared for the safety of yourself or your family from police when you're innocently driving your car or at home in bed. Or that if police did murder in either situation they'd be allowed to walk the street free men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Any source for 'billions' worth of damage.

Every bit of damage hurts the owners but in most cases it is just a few smashed windows. It is hardly going to stimulate the economy, especially given the loss in productivity for the stores and workforce.

Thousands of premises looted and cleared of everything ... prime example ... shops on 5th ave in New York such as a Breitling cleared out...there would be watches that could cost tens of thousands ... all gone ...

I’m sure you seen the vid of sports cars in a Mercedes shop being set alight too... cars probably costing over 100k .... you can guarantee the damage done is in the billions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

walshb wrote: »
    Little clips here and there don't tell the story. And the third guy was definitely a threat if he reacted the way he did.

What are these people expecting? They sit in the middle of a road causing a public nuisance and public danger.....do they expect the cops to bring in negotiators to talk them into seeing reason?

The cops are in the middle of riots and unrest, and every person out on the street and in their space or way, should rightly be seen as a "possible" threat to them, and to to themselves and to the general public.

Here's one: You don't want sh1t from the cops, then stop antagonizing them and challenging them and putting it up to them.

People are protesting police violence, in an ideal world those protests would not happen because police brutality would not happen.
    There were many protests in Ireland throughout our history were they warranted. Should the 1916 rebels have stopped challenging the police? Should the civil rights protestors in America and in NI simply stopped challenging the police.

You enjoy freedoms, and so do I because people in the past fought for them. When there was injustice they did challenge the authorities and the police.

I don't expect an answer, but I live in a comfortable world, but I'm thankful for the brave people in the past who have made this possible.

I don't agree with the violence some of it is disgusting, but sometimes protests are necessary. History in many countries has shown that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Again you're looking to push a civil war narrative that's both farcical and dangerous.

The parties that run these cities still have to negotiate with police unions who are very much supported by, and vote, Republican. So, let's stop pretending this is a "Democrat problem" or even a Republican problem. Stop trying to divide my country thanks.

I'm not pushing anything....maybe the ones out destroying american cities are the one's you need to look at!

It is a problem in Democrat run cities...you can't deny that, for what ever that means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

So you assumed the poster was white? If they weren't white was their opinion valid?

Yes I assumed they are white, given this is an Irish forum, with probably around 90% Irish white people on here, I thought it best to go with the most likely scenario.

The last time I start asking people on here for their age, race and sex, the mods banned me, something about this isn't Tinder :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Watershed moment
    It's fantasitc.
    Let this be repeated across all 50 states.
    May every single Confederate monument and symbol be reduced to dust.

Have you seen Nikole Hannah-Jones talk about the 1619 Project?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMOHvXHLNeM

She spells out the hypocrisy and lie at the foundation of the United States, how it is the struggle of black people for those rights, that is actually giving meaning and truth to the words of Jefferson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I don't think you know.

I don't believe you have ever feared for the safety of yourself or your family from police when you're innocently driving your car or at home in bed. Or that if police did murder in either situation they'd be allowed to walk the street free men.

This is getting ludicrously ridiculously beyond defending the indefensible :eek:

Is there now a shoot-to-kill policy... jaysizzzzzz Creeeeest!?
    I give up,. Some of ya would get a job with that 'NEUS CHANNEL CNM' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Are you seriously suggesting that this would put an end to the protests? Is this twitter page somehow a leader of the movement we see playing out before our eyes?

It has 1thousand likes. It seems more like a small cultish group then a representation of what's actually happenning.

To be honest I'd be on board with most of those things, and wish the people would put their demands down.

I'll hark back to a story I told a few days ago while watching a live stream outside the whitehouse on reuters.
    One black guy was feverishly moving about, full of energy shouting as loud as he could "What's the point in protest if we don't change the constitution". He was vehemently screaming this at the top of his lungs, but nobody was paying attention.

LillySV wrote: »
    Thousands of premises looted and cleared of everything ... prime example ... shops on 5th ave in New York such as a Breitling cleared out...there would be watches that could cost tens of thousands ... all gone ...

I’m sure you seen the vid of sports cars in a Mercedes shop being set alight too... cars probably costing over 100k .... you can guarantee the damage done is in the billions

Where are you getting thousands of premises? Some here seem to have absolutely no concept of the scale of looting/rioting and protests. They seem to think the former is a huge number and the latter are tiny.

Stolen property items are gone, they can't be sold now. Remaking them doesn't stimulate the economy when so many are imported. Yes builders get money for fixing the windows etc but that is offset by the store being closed and staff not paid during rebuild and extended curfews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Quite literally not true

I'm not pushing anything....maybe the ones out destroying american cities are the one's you need to look at!

It is a problem in Democrat run cities...you can't deny that, for what ever that means.

It means very little. The vast majority of cities in the US are run by democrats, and protests tend to happen more often in cities, where the population congregates. We've also seen rioting in Republican cities: Tulsa, Miami, Colorado Springs, Virginia Beach, Oklahoma City, Fresno, Jacksonville, Fort Worth, El Paso, Omaha, etc. etc. etc.

In fact, there are protests and incidents of looting in all 50 states - many of which are Republican controlled. So how is this a question of which party is in control of the governments, to whether there is rioting etc?

Are you seriously suggesting that this would put an end to the protests? Is this twitter page somehow a leader of the movement we see playing out before our eyes?

It has 1thousand likes. It seems more like a small cultish group then a representation of what's actually happenning.

To be honest I'd be on board with most of those things, and wish the people would put their demands down.

I'll hark back to a story I told a few days ago while watching a live stream outside the whitehouse on reuters.
    One black guy was feverishly moving about, full of energy shouting as loud as he could "What's the point in protest if we don't change the constitution". He was vehemently screaming this at the top of his lungs, but nobody was paying attention.

Same proposals repeated by the President (Obama) and linked through Obama.org

http://useofforceproject.org/#project

So: yes.

• Advertisement

It means very little. The vast majority of cities in the US are run by democrats, and protests tend to happen more often in cities, where the population congregates. We've also seen rioting in Republican cities: Tulsa, Miami, Colorado Springs, Virginia Beach, Oklahoma City, Fresno, Jacksonville, Fort Worth, El Paso, Omaha, etc. etc. etc.

Creating a tangent here but surely you couldn't accuse cities like Oakland and Baltimore of systematic racism by the police force?

Surely it's just authoritarian overreach in those cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Same proposals repeated by the President (Obama) and linked through Obama.org

http://useofforceproject.org/#project

So: yes.

Are BLM promoting this as their demands somewhere?

This is getting ludicrously ridiculously beyond defending the indefensible :eek:

In many cases, yes there is a shoot to kill policy.

Breona Taylor - shot in bed by cops that entered the wrong house and felt threatened by an unarmed woman in her pajamas and put 8 bullets in her. Those cops still walk the streets.

Philando Castile - shot several times when stopped while driving with his girlfriend and 4 year old daughter for following instructions and reaching for his license. That cop is still walking the streets.

Tamir Rice - 12 year old shot twice 2 seconds after the cop arrived for the crime of playing with a toy gun in a park. That cop is still walking the streets.

The list goes on and on. You should really do some research before posting rambling nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/chronomat/chronomat-b01-42/RB0134101B1/

There’s just an example of one such watch for sale in breitling which was totally cleared of its stock...so yea... quite true....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Why else would a police man shoot if not to kill. All shootings are "shoot to kill"

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

BluePlanet wrote: »
    It's fantasitc.
    Let this be repeated across all 50 states.
    May every single Confederate monument and symbol be reduced to dust.

Have you seen Nikole Hannah-Jones talk about the 1619 Project?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMOHvXHLNeM

She spells out the hypocrisy and lie at the foundation of the United States, how it is the struggle of black people for those rights, that is actually giving meaning and truth to the words of Jefferson.

I take it you include the Democrat party in that, tehm being the party of the Confederate states.
    Now thats a truth bomb.
    Reducing them to dust would go along way to improving the lives of African- American communities.

Creating a tangent here but surely you couldn't accuse cities like Oakland and Baltimore of systematic racism by the police force?

Surely it's just authoritarian overreach in those cases.

It could be either or both. I've given examples of police brutality and corruption on this thread before - here are a couple:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/key-west-florida-police-investigated-in-charles-eimers-death/
    Under Florida law, an autopsy is required on anyone who dies in police custody. But Eimers almost didn't get one. Instead of being sent to the medical examiner's office, his body ended up at a funeral home and was almost cremated.

Florida cop sued for harassment from multiple agencies after she pulled over another officer speeding in a patrol car, DUI

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/florida-highway-patrol-trooper-who-stopped-miami-cop-sues-after-harassment/1958049/

(long video) - expose' on how hard it is for the public to file complaints against individual officers - the first couple minutes you will find revealing

I don't mean to fixate on Florida but I have relations there so its in my feed often.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't think you know.

But what has this got to do with my view that bringing young children into very volatile and dangerous situations is reckless?

Forget sides here for a second. Bringing young children into these situations is reckless..

If adults choose to go that is fine. Don’t bring children willingly and intentionally and wholly unnecessarily into these potentially very dangerous arenas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/chronomat/chronomat-b01-42/RB0134101B1/

There’s just an example of one such watch for sale in breitling which was totally cleared of its stock...so yea... quite true....
    Eh? What does a link to an online shop prove?

As quoted in the link I provided;

In the New York Post, a store’s spokesman was quoted saying “no watches of any kind were stolen, as there weren’t any on display in the store. There were simply windows broken and some vitrines smashed.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement