Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2u2me wrote: »
    Tucker Carlson was dissecting the facts that the Washington Post, all shootings from police that lead to fatalities.

That you choose again to smear the character of the person rather than deal with the argument is really telling.

Forget the bull**** about a blackperson's POV, Candace Owens view was dismissed out of hand earlier. Where were you defending that?

Both of them were up to the same schtick: blame the victims, 'police can't reform until black ghettos pull themselves up by their own bootstraps' etc

Don't even have to address either via ad hominem, their argument is designed to shut down the discussion of meaningful police reform and a hard look at racial bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,837 ✭✭✭growleaves

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Scary to see this considering how widespread covid is in US

It truly is a worrying combination.

The Mayor and Governor look like prime candidates to be in trouble if they caught covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

BluePlanet wrote: »
    "Black on Black crime" :rolleyes:
    This is just a racist trope.

Let's not pretend that Tucker Carson and pretty much every right winger isn't a raving racist when they mention this.
    It's obviously an attempt at distraction from the issues and an exercise in victim blaming. At it's root is the belief that black ppl and black society is inferior and so white supremacy must lord over them.

If you want a break down of the statics and an actual black person's POV, check this thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1268463768285188096.html
    That was a great article you posted. Worth a read. It is a bit more demanding than Tucker Carlson analysis so most won't read it but still worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

The agitators and the leaders and the media are calling for violence, mostly based on hyperbole, and the only ones trying to quell it are the far-right trolls.

America is in serious trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,416 ✭✭✭✭walshb

growleaves wrote: »

This is what they are dealing with. And it’s scum actions like this that mean everyone is treated as a potential danger to cops during these contentious times.

So, people: take responsibility for your actions, and quit blaming cops and society for your problems..

Go home in other words and write letters.. pen is mightier than the sword!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,108 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Tucker Carlson was dissecting the facts that the Washington Post, all shootings from police that lead to fatalities.

That you choose again to smear the character of the person rather than deal with the argument is really telling.

Forget the bull**** about a blackperson's POV, Candace Owens view was dismissed out of hand earlier. Where were you defending that?

I came back on both these points earlier and you went very quiet.

You need new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The leftist media and democratics push the Black Lives Matter agenda to keep the black community enraged and enslaved so the democratics will solve their problems. They have been doing the same for the last hundred years and they do nothing as always. It's time people start walking up to the hidden agendas by the leftist mainstream media.

Antifa rioters attack the US Embassy in Athens, Greece with molotov cocktails.

https://twitter.com/olivadice/status/1268298480868605952

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

They're starting a race war just to oust Trump. They don't care if they tear the country to pieces.

• Advertisement

The agitators and the leaders and the media are calling for violence, mostly based on hyperbole, and the only ones trying to quell it are the far-right trolls.

I haven't heard anyone, media or otherwise call for violence. Talk about hyperbole...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Look who is out on the streets....look who is egging them on.

Look at the party that runs those cities....who were all locked down this time last week.

Funny that, of the 20 largest cities in the US onky 3 have republican mayors. Jacksonville had large scale unrest, San Diego so much that they even had to call in the national guard. And in the third, Fort Worth, the mayor went out and joined the protestors.

Maybe Trump could learn a thing or two from her.

These far right guys?

https://twitter.com/QasimRashid/status/1268312547758923778?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I read about that earlier, talk of some kind of extremist attack? Although that article mentions a Rambo Style hunting knife, I think this is the knife:

https://twitter.com/MylesMill/status/1268462056988123136

Maybe separate incident.

22 shots though! What is going on!?

They're starting a race war just to oust Trump. They don't care if they tear the country to pieces.

What are you talking about, an election in Nov will decide the next president.

And in the third, Fort Worth, the mayor went out and joined the protestors.

Maybe Trump could learn a thing or two from her.

Do you think Trump should join the protests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Do you think Trump should join the protests?

I think he should look to find ways to unify rather than divide as she did, don't you?

joe40 wrote: »
    I haven't heard anyone, media or otherwise call for violence. Talk about hyperbole...

Not directly.

But they are not calling for protesters to go home and let their communities recover and let calm and harmony return.

They know damn well that mob violence is happening no matter how much people are trying to be peaceful..

So, by not calling the protests to end, they are indirectly allowing violence to occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Odhinn

walshb wrote: »
    Not directly.

But they are not calling for protesters to go home and let their communities recover and let calm and harmony return.

They know damn well that mob violence is happening no matter how much people are trying to be peaceful..

So, by not calling the protests to end, they are indirectly allowing violence to occur.

Nonsense. They've every right to protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Wonder will many of the looters vote in November?

Some crazy videos doing the rounds, a combination of organised gangs,opportunitistic teens and people who just want to smash sh1t.

• Advertisement

Because far right trolls are advantaged by the system as it is. Everyone else knows change is written all over the wall.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Nonsense. They've every right to protest.

They had their chance. Scum element ruined it...

So no, that right should now be removed until all calm is restored. Too much damage has already been done.

People pushing to prolong it is the problem..

Antifa rioters attack the US Embassy in Athens, Greece with molotov cocktails.

https://twitter.com/olivadice/status/1268298480868605952

Is there nowhere the tendrils of the Portland basement bros doesnt extend :(

I think he should look to find ways to unify rather than divide as she did, don't you?

Like what

This is what they are dealing with. And it’s scum actions like this that mean everyone is treated as a potential danger to cops during these contentious times.

So, people: take responsibility for your actions, and quit blaming cops and society for your problems..

Go home in other words and write letters.. pen is mightier than the sword!

I think you're living in a Trump wannabe strongman world.

Police can only police with the will of the people. Police randomly attacking innocent people is going to lead to police being attacked.

You don't seem to understand how responsibility works

Overheal wrote: »
    Is there nowhere the tendrils of the Portland basement bros doesnt extend :(

I don't understand. Who are the Portland basement bros?

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I think you're living in a Trump wannabe strongman world.

Police can only police with the will of the people. Police randomly attacking innocent people is going to lead to police being attacked.

You don't seem to understand how responsibility works

I despise everything Trump is and stands for..

You can be pro law and order and democracy without being pro Trump..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,547 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

joe40 wrote: »

Donald Trump did. On the conference call with governors earlier in the week.

And also with his 'When the looting starts, the shooting starts' line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

It's ridiculous that protesters are defying reasonable curfews.

They can organise protests everyday but once it starts getting dark there should be a curfew so that the minority of looters can be stopped.

• Advertisement

Not directly.

The harmony of police shooting you in your bed and your kid playing in the park and them walking free?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement