Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Floyd dies after police knelt on his neck (MOD NOTE IN POST #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,902 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He pulled a gun, but did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a . 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

https://twitter.com/NornEye/status/1268707288526790658

• Registered Users Posts: 82,321 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Fùck it no lives matter at this rate. It’s a mad world I’d be reluctant about being drawn into

Still the most peaceful period in recorded history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

He pulled a gun, but did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a . 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Looks much the same Santa Monica gone to **** I saw earlier...place needs some order restored

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Ah no they reported it,I never said they didnt;)

Fair enough! I'd say it factors out to a fraction of 1% against the total number of people walking.

Here was Nashville today

https://twitter.com/joelebert29/status/1268681615020081154?s=20

As for Richmond, the site of the Robert E Lee statue I haven't seen the tiki torch respond to the bad news yet.

Looks much the same Santa Monica gone to **** I saw earlier...place needs some order restored

I havent actually seen any aerial surveys yet and that would be interesting. Normally they are done after major storm disasters. A couple media outlets did satellite comparisons available of Fukushima before and after the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeh no point making yourself look silly by excusing one but not the other

You're actually criticising me for something you've just done yourself - police brutality okay (if they're pushed far enough first) 3 lads kicking someone (don't know what happened first but not okay).

Overheal wrote: »
    I havent actually seen any aerial surveys yet and that would be interesting. Normally they are done after major storm disasters. A couple media outlets did satellite comparisons available of Fukushima before and after the whole thing.

Nuclear disasters and major storms obliterate areas....looting makes sh1te of a place but doesnt really level it...the youtuber effspot i spoke of earlier filmed all around Santa Monica and Beverley Hills in 2 vids and there was a lot more shops looted than I had realised by looking at the MSM news.
    Hes a car spotter not left or right so I valued his footage more than the news outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

in some of those clips nobody knows what the police had to deal with before the actions they took

Mod: Whataboutery. Quit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

That 'Neus Channel CNM' needs to be hacked of the air... inciting protests which they know right well will lead to violence,.and all because they hate Mr Trump. Absolutely unbelievable totally shocking behaviour. Gawwwwwd they have a lot to answer to!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,902 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Some are saying Floyd had drugs?? That when he sat down at wall he was trying to hide them, using it as a way to paint a picture of him as no saint.
    Seems to me that cop knew him, they are clearly taking like people who know each other, and that cop is acting shady as fck. Keeps looking around, keeps checking the coast is clear. If George did have something in his hand, he passed it to that cop. You can see George lean over, then moving the object to the side the cop was on. They talk, maybe telling cop to take it, cop looks around, makes sure all is clear, hesitates once, but then he does indeed take whatever it was, and pockets it fast. Very weird all of this.

https://streamable.com/fad2f6

• Advertisement

That dude will have the law catch up with him. That was dangerous. I hope everyone is disuaded from playing the opportunist like this. He seemed overwhelmingly paranoid in that scene

You're actually criticising me for something you've just done yourself - police brutality okay (if they're pushed far enough first) 3 lads kicking someone (don't know what happened first but not okay).

No thats not what happened in our conversation :D

You reserved judgement on the assault until you knew what happened previously,I said Ill bet you wouldnt do the same for the cop videos.

Then you tried to twist the whole thing to suit yourself and tied yourself up in knots:P

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: Whataboutery. Quit it.

Is that not the same as what the other poster did in the Irish video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

That 'Neus Channel CNM' needs to be hacked of the air... inciting protests which they know right well will lead to violence,.and all because they hate Mr Trump. Absolutely unbelievable totally shocking behaviour. Gawwwwwd they have a lot to answer to!?!?

Maybe you need a break from the neus channel cnm? It doesn't seem to be doing you any good, have a break have a kit kat with a nice cup of tea.. I'd recommend Barry's tea.

Nuclear disasters and major storms obliterate areas....looting makes sh1te of a place but doesnt really level it...the youtuber effspot i spoke of earlier filmed all around Santa Monica and Beverley Hills in 2 vids and there was a lot more shops looted than I had realised by looking at the MSM news.
    Hes a car spotter not left or right so I valued his footage more than the news outlets.

Yeah but then I see the video of cops smashing up cars themselves etc. and now cognitively you have to wonder how much is the cops, not to mention how much is actually BLM, or actually Antifa, or actually a Boogalloo (god that's going to be a term isnt it). I get the impression a fair amount is SJWs. I also get the impression a smaller amount from that, but not moot, is the police and police collateral damage. Another significant portion is bound to be organized crime, because it's southern California and how could it not?

I'd recommend Barry's tea.

Lyons tea you horrible monster:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Lyons tea you horrible monster:p

That's us lefties lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No thats not what happened in our conversation :D

You reserved judgement on the assault until you knew what happened previously,I said Ill bet you wouldnt do the same for the cop videos.

Then you tried to twist the whole thing to suit yourself and tied yourself up in knots:P

As I explained, the police are held to a higher standard of conduct than the general public. So no, I wouldn't do the same for police videos. There is no excuse for police brutality ever imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Is that not the same as what the other poster did in the Irish video?

It is the same, correct.

Bottom line, police should not be brutalising and assaulting people.

You'd hope that some of the posters cheerleading the Gardai in question raining down punches on a subdued individual are given pause for thought with the killing of George Flyod.

Yeah but then I see the video of cops smashing up cars themselves etc. and now cognitively you have to wonder how much is the cops, not to mention how much is actually BLM, or actually Antifa, or actually a Boogalloo (god that's going to be a term isnt it). I get the impression a fair amount is SJWs. I also get the impression a smaller amount from that, but not moot, is the police and police collateral damage. Another significant portion is bound to be organized crime, because it's southern California and how could it not?

I didnt realise Sth Cali is bad for crime...cant disagree with much of that.
    For me its a combo of everything youve said...power trippy coppers loving the mayhem...middle class white yuppies (SJW)fighting against "oppression"...black youths actually fighting against real oppression...antifa and far right are probably small enough...I would say though that antifa are easier to allign with than far right for people on the left.

Its all a big sh1t show and whoever has started this rioting has fcuked the whole thing up for any reforms in the police.

The army will end up being brought in which in turn will make the police look weaker which in turn,I think will make the police act more aggressive to re-assert their power....then where are we?...back here in 20years time again:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

As I explained, the police are held to a higher standard of conduct than the general public. So no, I wouldn't do the same for police videos. There is no excuse for police brutality ever imo.

The police are under a lot more threat than the general public too.
    No excuse for brutality of course but who knows what led them to act that way,they could have been shot at or anything...Obviously most of the clips they havent been but my point was you immediately jumped to the "we dont know " defense when it was some white kid but not when it was some cop

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭NJto.IE

I didnt realise Sth Cali is bad for crime...cant disagree with much of that.
    For me its a combo of everything youve said...power trippy coppers loving the mayhem...middle class white yuppies (SJW)fighting against "oppression"...black youths actually fighting against real oppression...antifa and far right are probably small enough...I would say though that antifa are easier to allign with than far right for people on the left.

Its all a big sh1t show and whoever has started this rioting has fcuked the whole thing up for any reforms in the police.

The army will end up being brought in which in turn will make the police look weaker which in turn,I think will make the police act more aggressive to re-assert their power....then where are we?...back here in 20years time again:rolleyes:

Southern California is one of the few places in the U.S. where gangs still have a serious foothold.

I'd also add that the black population in Southern California is actually pretty darned small and in a position of demographic decline (as are non-Hispanic Whites) so they are probably a small share of the looters as well. I'm not in SoCal now so this is just a guess on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,535 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

For all the apologists for police actions suggesting that they are only responding when their lives are at risk.

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1268716877355810818

This is America right now and the President has advocated for this. Think about that.

For all the apologists for police actions suggesting that they are only responding when their lives are at risk.

This is America right now and the President has advocated for this. Think about that.

They better hope he lives.

If I was in Buffalo right now I'd already be out the door demanding justice for that man. That has me livid and stir crazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Disgusting! but the truth is, it doesn't matter, he's not black.

They better hope he lives.

Ya know what annoys me about myself?
    I think why the fcuk did he walk up to those cops?
    Nothing good can come of it.
    It sounds like victim blaming but to me im just thinking use your head,these coppers are all on edge dont put yourself in harms way.

Yeh they better hope he lives cos they fcuked up...again:rolleyes:

Disgusting! but the truth is, it doesn't matter, he's not black.

Read the room why don't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,535 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ya know what annoys me about myself?
    I think why the fcuk did he walk up to those cops?
    Nothing good can come of it.
    It sounds like victim blaming but to me im just thinking use your head,these coppers are all on edge dont put yourself in harms way.

Yeh they better hope he lives cos they fcuked up...again:rolleyes:

Because that's exactly what it is.

How messed up is a country when the people must stay away from having discourse with the people assigned to protect because at the risk that they will be laid out with serious head trauma.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Read the room why don't you.

Won't even make the news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement